|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why Mr. Birkway come to Phoebe's house?
(a) To comment on Phoebe's grades.
(b) To apologize to her.
(c) To see Mr. Winterbottom.
(d) To compliment Phoebe's writing skills.
2. Who sits next to Phoebe when Mr. Birkway comes to visit?
(a) Mary Lou.
(d) Mr. Winterbottom.
3. What is different about how Mrs. Winterbottom looks when Phoebe sees her at the university?
(a) She has a tan.
(b) She is wearing a lot of jewelry.
(c) Her hair is longer.
(d) Her hair is shorter.
4. Why does Phoebe suddenly back out of finding Mike?
(a) She cannot face him.
(b) She is afraid of him.
(c) She thinks he will get angry.
(d) She is too tired.
5. What did Sal's mother want to do the day before she left?
(a) Take a walk in the fields with Sal.
(b) Go shopping.
(c) Take Sal to dinner.
(d) Look through Sal's baby pictures.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of stories did Sal's mother enjoy reading?
2. What is the maiden name of Sal's mother?
3. The day her mother made brownies, where was Prudence prior to returning home?
4. What does Mrs. Winterbottom do in the middle of her conversation with Mike that disgusts Phoebe?
5. About how old is the young man who rings Phoebe's doorbell?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)