|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is hidden under the floorboards of Sal's room along with her mother's hair?
(d) Her journal.
2. How does what happens between Sal and Ben make Sal feel?
(a) "Like a newborn filly."
(c) "As full as she can be!"
(d) "Like a newborn kitten."
3. What is Mrs. Finney wearing when Sal finds her?
(b) A hospital gown.
(c) A skirt and blouse.
(d) A pink robe.
4. What type of tree is the "singing tree"?
5. What does Gramps offer the boy from the river at the hospital?
(a) Fifty dollars.
(c) Ten dollars.
(d) An invitation to join them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sal react to the poem that Mr. Birkway reads in class?
2. How does Phoebe react to the poem that Mr. Birkway reads in class?
3. What is the name of the boy from the river?
4. How does Mr. Winterbottom look when he is called to the police station to get Phoebe and Sal?
5. What happens between Sal and Ben at the hospital?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)