|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thoreau have difficulty finding in the winter?
2. What animals are likely to thrive no matter what?
3. What kind of literature does Thoreau like best?
4. What instrument does Thoreau use to watch the war more closely?
5. What insect came to Walden Pond by thousands in October?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay describing the process of food production. Where does our food come from? How does it get from the farm to the table? How much of our diet is grown locally and how much is grown internationally? How can our food production system be improved?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay describing the benefits/drawbacks of the Industrial Revolution. Be sure to address:
1 - Key inventions that allowed society to progress.
2 - Some of the issues and drawbacks of the revolution.
3 - What the world would be like if the Industrial Revolution had never occurred.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about an aspect of Global Warming. How is it caused? What are the potential consequences? What can be done to change this process?
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)