|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What insect came to Walden Pond by thousands in October?
2. What animal does Thoreau describe as "rudimental, burrowing men"?
3. "It is not worth the while to live by..."
4. On what day in 1852 was Walden first completely open?
5. What does Thoreau have difficulty finding in the winter?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay explaining the societal benefits of education. Are highly educated people made noble by their knowledge? How is the world improved when general education requirements are created by the government?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay describing the history of Concord. Be sure to address:
1 - When the town was founded
2 - Key figures in the development of the town and surrounding area.
3 - Significant events that shaped and impacted the community.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing the process of food production. Where does our food come from? How does it get from the farm to the table? How much of our diet is grown locally and how much is grown internationally? How can our food production system be improved?
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)