Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. "We are underbred and low-lived and..."
2. Which bird does Thoreau doubt has ever profaned Walden Pond?
3. "The adventurous student will always study..."
4. "Walden is a perfect forest mirror" in which season?
5. What animals ate out of the hands of the woodsman?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Thoreau build a store of food for winter?
2. What effect does Thoreau claim nature has on man?
3. Why does Thoreau think that there would be no stealing if everyone lived the same way he did?
4. How does Thoreau feel after he witnesses the ants battling?
5. Why does Thoreau describe wood as a precious commodity?
6. What happened to the well on the Field's property?
7. Why does Thoreau despise the railway?
8. What effect did Thoreau's isolation have on his social life?
9. What is Thoreau's theory about entertaining visitors?
10. Who was Brister Freeman?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay describing the history of Concord. Be sure to address:
1 - When the town was founded
2 - Key figures in the development of the town and surrounding area.
3 - Significant events that shaped and impacted the community.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay for or against vegetarianism. What are the impacts of your personal eating habits on your body, the environment, and the economy?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing the process of food production. Where does our food come from? How does it get from the farm to the table? How much of our diet is grown locally and how much is grown internationally? How can our food production system be improved?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)