|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thoreau usually do after hoeing?
2. What is Thoreau's shelter at Walden Pond?
3. What item does Thoreau discover missing?
4. Who does Thoreau help toward the north star?
5. How close is Thoreau's nearest neighbor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Thoreau's theory about entertaining visitors?
2. What kind of 'music' does Thoreau make while hoeing the bean-field?
3. Why does Thoreau decide to live such an isolated life at Walden Pond?
4. How does Thoreau describe the piece of land he lives on?
5. How does Thoreau feel about walking home from town late at night in the dark?
6. Does Thoreau believe this is a practical way that everyone can live?
7. Why does Thoreau believe that Huckleberries lose their flavor before they go to market?
8. How does Thoreau bond with the old fisherman?
9. How does Thoreau know that visitors have dropped by while he is gone?
10. How does Thoreau compare the people in the village to muskrats?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay describing an area in America or abroad that is naturally beautiful or an important part of nature. Be sure to address:
1 - Any threats to the area.
2 - Why the area should be preserved or protected.
3 - Any features that make the area unique or interesting.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about an aspect of Global Warming. How is it caused? What are the potential consequences? What can be done to change this process?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay for or against vegetarianism. What are the impacts of your personal eating habits on your body, the environment, and the economy?
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)