|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does San Nutting exchange bear skins?
2. What does Thoreau compare to pearls and crystals?
3. What did Thoreau use during his second winter at Walden Pond?
(a) A stove.
(c) A chimney.
4. On what day in 1852 was Walden first completely open?
(a) March 28th.
(b) March 23rd.
(c) April 1st.
(d) April 18th.
5. What animal was Thoreau surprised to see walking along the shore of the pond?
(a) A beaver.
(b) A cat.
(c) A wolf.
(d) A dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to a settler's family in Sutton in 1717?
2. What insect came to Walden Pond by thousands in October?
3. How is Walden Pond described by the locals?
4. What color is the ice from Walden Pond?
5. According to tales, who planted the beech grove?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)