|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Remember thy Creator in the days of thy..."
2. What kind of bird does Thoreau watch for hours in the fall?
3. "We can never have enough of..."
4. What do people come from town to take from Walden Pond?
(d) Aquatic plants.
5. What does Thoreau do when ice first forms on the pond?
(a) He goes skating.
(b) He writes a poem about it.
(c) He lies on the ice and examines the bottom of the pond.
(d) He goes ice fishing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the ice from Walden Pond?
2. What feeling does spring create in men?
3. What happens when Thoreau goes fishing?
4. What does the poet say is the greatest thing he has seen today?
5. In what solitary amusements do most Yankees engage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What game does Thoreau play with the loon?
2. How does Thoreau feel after he witnesses the ants battling?
3. Who was Brister Freeman?
4. How does Thoreau build a store of food for winter?
5. Why does Thoreau admire the 'wild men' who go ice-fishing on Walden Pond?
6. What does Thoreau compare the spring melt with?
7. What did Thoreau use as an excuse to carry a gun?
8. How does Thoreau describe his encounters with cats in the forest?
9. Why does Thoreau leave Walden Pond?
10. Why does Thoreau throw sweet corn on the snow by his door?
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)