|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long do the workmen take to harvest the ice of the pond?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Three days.
(c) Sixteen days.
(d) Eighteen days.
2. What winter bird does Thoreau amuse himself by watching?
(a) A blue jay.
(b) A chickadee.
(c) A cardinal.
(d) A barred owl.
3. What kind of literature does Thoreau like best?
4. In what solitary amusements do most Yankees engage?
(a) Reading and playing cards.
(b) Hunting and Fishing.
(c) Walking and hiking.
(d) Skiing and swimming.
5. Who or what does Thoreau visit?
Short Answer Questions
1. What creatures do Thoreau find battling in the wood-pile?
2. Where did Thoreau consider living before Walden Pond?
3. What should we come home with after adventures?
4. Where was it rumored that Col. Quoil had been a soldier?
5. What bird does Thoreau hear almost every day in the winter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Thoreau say we should practice moderation in?
2. What game does Thoreau play with the loon?
3. What are the two paths that Thoreau finds himself drawn to?
4. What does Thoreau think John Field's future holds?
5. Why does Thoreau admire the 'wild men' who go ice-fishing on Walden Pond?
6. What happened to the well on the Field's property?
7. How does Thoreau describe the condition of the hut that John Field's family lives in?
8. How does Thoreau feel after he witnesses the ants battling?
9. How does Thoreau say Walden Pond got its revenge on the men who were harvesting the ice?
10. Why does Thoreau describe wood as a precious commodity?
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)