|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What creatures do Thoreau find battling in the wood-pile?
2. What kind of bird does Thoreau begin to see again in April?
3. What date does Thoreau leave Walden?
(a) September 6th, 1845.
(b) October 6h, 1846.
(c) September 6th, 1847.
(d) October 6th, 1847.
4. Where have loons been caught with fishing hooks, eighty feet below the water's surface?
(c) New York.
5. What does Thoreau do to pass the time on winter evenings?
(a) He writes.
(b) He dreams.
(c) He whittles.
(d) He reads.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of tree is two feet in diameter?
2. "Sell your clothes and keep your..."
3. How is Walden Pond described by the locals?
4. Who came the farthest to visit Thoreau in the winter?
5. What kind of literature does Thoreau like best?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Thoreau admire the 'wild men' who go ice-fishing on Walden Pond?
2. How does Thoreau build a store of food for winter?
3. What do the hunters say is the downfall of the fox in the foxhunt?
4. What does Thoreau say about Zilpha's life?
5. What did the old man see when he was hunting ducks?
6. What did Thoreau use as an excuse to carry a gun?
7. How does Thoreau feel after he witnesses the ants battling?
8. How does Thoreau describe his encounters with cats in the forest?
9. Why does Thoreau leave Walden Pond?
10. Who was Brister Freeman?
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)