|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do people come from town to take from Walden Pond?
(a) Aquatic plants.
2. What vegetable does Thoreau chiefly grow at Walden Pond?
3. What animals were inside the shelter with the Field family?
4. What should we come home with after adventures?
(a) Knowledge and confidence.
(b) Experience and character.
(c) Wisdom and direction.
(d) Money and wealth.
5. What does Thoreau compare to pearls and crystals?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does one hunter use as a musical instrument?
2. Who came the farthest to visit Thoreau in the winter?
3. "Remember thy Creator in the days of thy..."
4. What insect came to Walden Pond by thousands in October?
5. What dramatic event occurs while Thoreau lives at Walden Pond?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Thoreau admire the 'wild men' who go ice-fishing on Walden Pond?
2. What does Thoreau learn from his experiment?
3. What did Thoreau use as an excuse to carry a gun?
4. Who was Brister Freeman?
5. Why does Thoreau describe wood as a precious commodity?
6. How does Thoreau say Walden Pond got its revenge on the men who were harvesting the ice?
7. What does Thoreau say we should practice moderation in?
8. Why does Thoreau throw sweet corn on the snow by his door?
9. Why does Thoreau's self-respect fall when he goes fishing?
10. Who is the poet with whom Thoreau has a conversation at the beginning of the chapter?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)