|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does Thoreau hear hunting with men?
2. What color is the ice from Walden Pond?
3. "He that does not eat need not..."
4. What animal was Thoreau surprised to see walking along the shore of the pond?
(a) A beaver.
(b) A wolf.
(c) A cat.
(d) A dog.
5. On what day in 1852 was Walden first completely open?
(a) March 23rd.
(b) March 28th.
(c) April 1st.
(d) April 18th.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what howling animal does Thoreau compare the loon?
2. What insect came to Walden Pond by thousands in October?
3. What happened to Breed's hut?
4. In what solitary amusements do most Yankees engage?
5. What animal does Thoreau sometimes eat with relish?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)