|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bird does Thoreau hear almost every day in the winter?
(a) An owl.
(b) A duck.
(c) A goose.
(d) An eagle.
2. According to tales, who planted the beech grove?
(c) A wandering minstrel.
3. Where did Thoreau consider living before Walden Pond?
(a) Pleasant Meadow.
(b) White Pond.
(d) Baker Farm.
4. What kind of animal does Thoreau find in his house?
5. Which tribe calls hunters the "best men"?
(a) The Algonquins.
(b) The Cree.
(c) The Iroquois.
(d) The Mohawks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who or what does Thoreau visit?
2. "If you would be chaste, you must be..."
3. To what does Thoreau compare his body?
4. What does Thoreau have difficulty finding in the winter?
5. What bird comes to the pond in the fall?
This section contains 150 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)