|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thoreau call his time at Walden Pond?
(a) A seclusion.
(b) A an exercise in futility.
(c) A lonely period.
(d) An experiment.
2. In what state is Walden Pond located?
(d) Rhode Island.
3. What does Thoreau compare to pearls and crystals?
4. What does Thoreau sell before he moves into the woods?
(a) His books.
(b) His horse.
(c) His watch.
(d) His gun.
5. To what howling animal does Thoreau compare the loon?
(a) A jackal.
(b) A coyote.
(c) A wolf.
(d) A dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to tales, who planted the beech grove?
2. Who came the farthest to visit Thoreau in the winter?
3. What kind of literature does Thoreau like best?
4. For what does San Nutting exchange bear skins?
5. Thoreau is inclined to be a...
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Thoreau admire the 'wild men' who go ice-fishing on Walden Pond?
2. What happened to the well on the Field's property?
3. Who was Brister Freeman?
4. What does Thoreau learn from his experiment?
5. What game does Thoreau play with the loon?
6. What does Thoreau compare the spring melt with?
7. What did Thoreau use as an excuse to carry a gun?
8. How does Thoreau feel after he witnesses the ants battling?
9. Why does Thoreau leave Walden Pond?
10. What does Thoreau say we should practice moderation in?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)