|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do people come from town to take from Walden Pond?
(d) Aquatic plants.
2. Where was it rumored that Col. Quoil had been a soldier?
(a) Upper Canada.
(b) Hong Kong.
(d) New Orleans.
3. For what does San Nutting exchange bear skins?
4. What caused John Farmer to contemplate his life?
(a) Thoreau's philosophy.
(b) The night sky.
(c) The Bible.
(d) The sound of a flute.
5. What does Thoreau do to pass the time on winter evenings?
(a) He dreams.
(b) He whittles.
(c) He reads.
(d) He writes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Walden Pond described by the locals?
2. What kind of literature does Thoreau like best?
3. What does Thoreau compare to pearls and crystals?
4. What instrument does Thoreau use to watch the war more closely?
5. What happened to a settler's family in Sutton in 1717?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)