|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what state is Walden Pond located?
(d) Rhode Island.
2. What winter bird does Thoreau amuse himself by watching?
(a) A barred owl.
(b) A cardinal.
(c) A blue jay.
(d) A chickadee.
3. For what does San Nutting exchange bear skins?
4. What vegetable does Thoreau chiefly grow at Walden Pond?
5. To what howling animal does Thoreau compare the loon?
(a) A wolf.
(b) A dog.
(c) A jackal.
(d) A coyote.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does one hunter use as a musical instrument?
2. How is Walden Pond described by the locals?
3. What does Thoreau sometimes dream of owning?
4. Where did Thoreau consider living before Walden Pond?
5. What does Thoreau do to test the strength of the ice?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Thoreau describe his encounters with cats in the forest?
2. How does Thoreau build a store of food for winter?
3. What did Thoreau use as an excuse to carry a gun?
4. Why does Thoreau admire the 'wild men' who go ice-fishing on Walden Pond?
5. Why does Thoreau 'visit' particular trees?
6. What happened to the well on the Field's property?
7. Why does Thoreau throw sweet corn on the snow by his door?
8. What are the two paths that Thoreau finds himself drawn to?
9. Why does Thoreau leave Walden Pond?
10. What does Thoreau think John Field's future holds?
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)