|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does Thoreau hear hunting with men?
2. To what howling animal does Thoreau compare the loon?
(a) A coyote.
(b) A jackal.
(c) A dog.
(d) A wolf.
3. What color is the ice from Walden Pond?
4. What insect came to Walden Pond by thousands in October?
5. Which tribe calls hunters the "best men"?
(a) The Iroquois.
(b) The Mohawks.
(c) The Cree.
(d) The Algonquins.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thoreau sell before he moves into the woods?
2. "We can never have enough of..."
3. In a battle recorded by Olus Magnus, what do the victorious ants do?
4. Where was it rumored that Col. Quoil had been a soldier?
5. According to tales, who planted the beech grove?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Thoreau think John Field's future holds?
2. What did the old man see when he was hunting ducks?
3. What did Thoreau use as an excuse to carry a gun?
4. How does Thoreau feel after he witnesses the ants battling?
5. What does Thoreau learn from his experiment?
6. What game does Thoreau play with the loon?
7. What does Thoreau say we should practice moderation in?
8. What are the two paths that Thoreau finds himself drawn to?
9. Why does Thoreau admire the 'wild men' who go ice-fishing on Walden Pond?
10. Why does Thoreau 'visit' particular trees?
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)