|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thoreau claim is the cure for his ailments?
(d) Morning air.
2. What did Thoreau do during his first summer at Walden Pond?
(a) Hoed beans.
(b) Studied Philosophy.
(c) Read Books.
(d) Wrote a book.
3. Some of Thoreau's pleasantest hours are spent during this kind of weather:
(d) Sun showers.
4. Which building is NOT listed by Thoreau as a vital building in the village?
(c) Post Office.
5. "The true husbandman will cease from..."
Short Answer Questions
1. "I wanted to live deeply and..."
2. How often does Thoreau go to the village?
3. In total, how much does it cost for Thoreau to build his house?
4. What birds does Thoreau hear regularly during the summer at 7:30pm?
5. What does Thoreau state was a pleasant pastime?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Thoreau describe the development of his relationship with the forest and Walden Pond?
2. Why does Thoreau advocate living "free and uncommitted"?
3. What kind of 'music' does Thoreau make while hoeing the bean-field?
4. How does Thoreau know that visitors have dropped by while he is gone?
5. How does Thoreau clean his house?
6. What effect did Thoreau's isolation have on his social life?
7. What suggestions does Thoreau make to improve the state of culture in Concord?
8. Does Thoreau believe this is a practical way that everyone can live?
9. How does Thoreau feel about walking home from town late at night in the dark?
10. How does Thoreau explain his relationship with his beans?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)