|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does Thoreau want to eat when it crosses his path?
(a) A squirrel.
(b) A woodchuck.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) A duck.
2. How is Walden Pond described by the locals?
3. What happened to Breed's hut?
(a) It was abandoned.
(b) A family of birds nested there.
(c) It burned down.
(d) It was used as a wood shed.
4. What caused John Farmer to contemplate his life?
(a) The sound of a flute.
(b) Thoreau's philosophy.
(c) The Bible.
(d) The night sky.
5. "We can never have enough of..."
6. To what howling animal does Thoreau compare the loon?
(a) A coyote.
(b) A wolf.
(c) A jackal.
(d) A dog.
7. On what day in 1852 was Walden first completely open?
(a) April 1st.
(b) March 28th.
(c) March 23rd.
(d) April 18th.
8. What does Thoreau have difficulty finding in the winter?
(b) Fire wood.
(c) The path to town.
9. What kind of animal does Thoreau find in his house?
10. What vegetable does Thoreau chiefly grow at Walden Pond?
11. What animal does Thoreau hear hunting with men?
12. What animals were inside the shelter with the Field family?
13. What kind of bird does Thoreau begin to see again in April?
14. What instrument does Thoreau use to watch the war more closely?
(a) A monocle.
(b) A microscope.
(c) A magnifying glass.
(d) A telescope.
15. What do people come from town to take from Walden Pond?
(d) Aquatic plants.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Sell your clothes and keep your..."
2. What is the destiny of the human race?
3. What bird does Thoreau hear almost every day in the winter?
4. Where did Thoreau consider living before Walden Pond?
5. Thoreau is inclined to be a...
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)