Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what solitary amusements do most Yankees engage?
(a) Walking and hiking.
(b) Hunting and Fishing.
(c) Reading and playing cards.
(d) Skiing and swimming.
2. What is the destiny of the human race?
(a) To become more enlightened.
(b) To read Thoreau's writing.
(c) To advance technologically.
(d) To become vegetarians.
3. What kind of bird does Thoreau watch for hours in the fall?
4. What winter bird does Thoreau amuse himself by watching?
(a) A blue jay.
(b) A chickadee.
(c) A barred owl.
(d) A cardinal.
5. What dramatic event occurs while Thoreau lives at Walden Pond?
(a) He is shot by a hunter.
(b) He spends a night in jail.
(c) His house burns down.
(d) His mother dies.
6. What animal does Thoreau sometimes eat with relish?
(a) Roasted squirrel.
(b) Fried rat.
(c) Boiled rabbit.
(d) Barbecued woodchuck.
7. What happened to Breed's hut?
(a) It was used as a wood shed.
(b) It burned down.
(c) A family of birds nested there.
(d) It was abandoned.
8. "Sell your clothes and keep your..."
9. What animal does Thoreau hear hunting with men?
10. What animals were inside the shelter with the Field family?
11. What does Thoreau do to pass the time on winter evenings?
(a) He whittles.
(b) He reads.
(c) He writes.
(d) He dreams.
12. According to tales, who planted the beech grove?
(a) A wandering minstrel.
13. What does Thoreau say he chanced upon one day?
(a) An eclipse.
(b) The end of a rainbow.
(c) A family of deer.
(d) Buried treasure.
14. What vegetable does Thoreau chiefly grow at Walden Pond?
15. What kind of tree is two feet in diameter?
(a) Yellow ash.
(b) Green oak.
(d) Black birch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal was Thoreau surprised to see walking along the shore of the pond?
2. What animals are likely to thrive no matter what?
3. On what day in 1852 was Walden first completely open?
4. Which tribe calls hunters the "best men"?
5. Where was it rumored that Col. Quoil had been a soldier?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)