|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does San Nutting exchange bear skins?
2. What feeling does spring create in men?
3. What does Thoreau say he chanced upon one day?
(a) Buried treasure.
(b) The end of a rainbow.
(c) An eclipse.
(d) A family of deer.
4. Thoreau is inclined to be a...
5. What kind of tree is two feet in diameter?
(a) Yellow ash.
(b) Black birch.
(c) Green oak.
6. Where was it rumored that Col. Quoil had been a soldier?
(a) Upper Canada.
(b) New Orleans.
(d) Hong Kong.
7. What does Thoreau sometimes dream of owning?
(a) A gun.
(b) A large house.
(c) A library.
(d) A horse.
8. What word doesn't Thoreau use to describe John Field?
9. What does Thoreau compare to pearls and crystals?
10. Who came the farthest to visit Thoreau in the winter?
(a) A farmer.
(b) A hunter.
(c) A poet.
(d) A reporter.
11. What animal does Thoreau hear hunting with men?
12. "We can never have enough of..."
13. How is Walden Pond described by the locals?
14. What winter bird does Thoreau amuse himself by watching?
(a) A blue jay.
(b) A chickadee.
(c) A barred owl.
(d) A cardinal.
15. "If you would be chaste, you must be..."
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of bird does Thoreau watch for hours in the fall?
2. What kind of animal does Thoreau find in his house?
3. "He that does not eat need not..."
4. What does one hunter use as a musical instrument?
5. What kind of bird does Thoreau begin to see again in April?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)