Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Thoreau compare his body?
(a) A machine.
(b) A holy vessel.
(c) A mighty animal.
(d) A temple.
2. In what state is Walden Pond located?
(a) Rhode Island.
3. Thoreau is inclined to be a...
4. What kind of literature does Thoreau like best?
5. Where was it rumored that Col. Quoil had been a soldier?
(a) New Orleans.
(b) Hong Kong.
(d) Upper Canada.
6. What does one hunter use as a musical instrument?
(a) A saw.
(d) A tree leaf.
7. Where did Thoreau consider living before Walden Pond?
(a) Baker Farm.
(b) Pleasant Meadow.
(d) White Pond.
8. In what solitary amusements do most Yankees engage?
(a) Skiing and swimming.
(b) Hunting and Fishing.
(c) Reading and playing cards.
(d) Walking and hiking.
9. What animal was Thoreau surprised to see walking along the shore of the pond?
(a) A dog.
(b) A wolf.
(c) A cat.
(d) A beaver.
10. What kind of bird does Thoreau watch for hours in the fall?
11. What caused John Farmer to contemplate his life?
(a) The Bible.
(b) The night sky.
(c) The sound of a flute.
(d) Thoreau's philosophy.
12. What does the poet say is the greatest thing he has seen today?
(a) The clouds.
(b) The hermit's face.
(c) A book he was reading.
(d) The forest.
13. What does Thoreau sell before he moves into the woods?
(a) His horse.
(b) His watch.
(c) His books.
(d) His gun.
14. What does Thoreau do when ice first forms on the pond?
(a) He writes a poem about it.
(b) He lies on the ice and examines the bottom of the pond.
(c) He goes skating.
(d) He goes ice fishing.
15. Where is John Field from?
(d) French Canada.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do people come from town to take from Walden Pond?
2. How does Thoreau describe the temperature when he began to plaster his house?
3. What color is the ice from Walden Pond?
4. What happens when Thoreau goes fishing?
5. What kind of tree is two feet in diameter?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)