|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "We are underbred and low-lived and..."
2. Which bird does Thoreau doubt has ever profaned Walden Pond?
(a) A seagull.
(b) A sparrow.
(c) A finch.
(d) A pigeon.
3. "The adventurous student will always study..."
4. "Walden is a perfect forest mirror" in which season?
5. What animals ate out of the hands of the woodsman?
6. How much is Thoreau's profit from the bean-field?
7. "The swiftest traveler is he that goes..."
(a) By Train.
(c) By Horse.
(d) As the crow flies.
8. What is the morning?
(a) A spritual moment.
(b) A time for poets.
(c) A time for reflection.
(d) The awakening hour.
9. What animal's sound ushers in the night?
(a) The bullfrog's trump.
(b) The coyote's yelp.
(c) The hawk's scream.
(d) The whip-poor-will's cry.
10. Some of Thoreau's pleasantest hours are spent during this kind of weather:
(b) Sun showers.
11. What does Thoreau state was a pleasant pastime?
(a) Visiting friends.
(b) Listening to music.
(c) The theater.
12. What does Thoreau follow all the way into town?
(a) The railroad.
(b) Road signs.
(c) A river.
(d) A wooded path.
13. "Be it life or death, we crave only..."
14. Thoreau feels it isn't important to provide this for his visitors.
(b) A place to sit.
15. What animal does Thoreau kill and eat after it ravages his bean-field?
(a) A woodchuck.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A squirrel.
(d) A raccoon.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Thoreau stay in jail?
2. What item does Thoreau discover missing?
3. What writer does the French Canadian Woodsman love?
4. What happened to Walden Pond between his childhood and the time he moved there?
5. "The mass of men lead lives of quiet..."
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)