Mid-Book Test (up to Chapter 10)
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
Directions: Circle the correct answer.
1. Why is Thoreau put in jail?
a) For failing to pay a tax.
b) For stealing.
c) For not returning library books.
d) For writing a controversial article.
2. How long does Thoreau stay in jail?
a) A month.
b) Three weeks.
c) One day.
d) One week.
3. What bird does Thoreau contemplate keeping merely for his music?
a) A rooster.
b) A screech owl.
c) A crow.
d) A canary.
4. What did Thoreau imagine doing?
a) Building a house.
b) Living off the land.
c) Buying a farm.
d) Writing a book.
5. How many chairs does Thoreau have in his house?
This section contains 428 words|
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)