|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Thoreau stay in jail?
(a) A month.
(b) One day.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) One week.
2. How often does Thoreau go to the village?
(a) Once a month.
(c) Once a week.
(d) Every day or two.
3. According to legend, after whom was Walden Pond named?
(a) The original owner of the property.
(b) An old Indian woman.
(c) A town official.
(d) A hunter.
4. Who carried the Iliad with him on his expeditions?
(b) Captain James Cook.
(d) Edmund Hillary.
5. What does Thoreau do to test the strength of the ice?
(a) He stands on it.
(b) He jumps on it.
(c) He throws stones on it.
(d) He cuts out small pieces and measures them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Walden Pond located?
2. What does one hunter use as a musical instrument?
3. What frequently notifies Thoreau of a passing traveler along the highway?
4. What does Thoreau hear in the evening?
5. In terms of the bean-field, what was Thoreau's greatest enemy?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)