|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the necessities of life?
(a) Food, shelter, land, and freedom.
(b) Food, shelter, clothing, and fuel.
(c) Food, shelter, clothing, and sunlight.
(d) Love, happiness, family, and religion.
2. "If you would be chaste, you must be..."
3. For what purpose does Thoreau believe most men have learned to read?
4. "The village appeared to me a great..."
(a) News room.
5. What is the destiny of the human race?
(a) To advance technologically.
(b) To become more enlightened.
(c) To read Thoreau's writing.
(d) To become vegetarians.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what howling animal does Thoreau compare the loon?
2. What does Thoreau sometimes dream of owning?
3. How close is Thoreau's nearest neighbor?
4. What animals ate out of the hands of the woodsman?
5. What feeling does spring create in men?
This section contains 161 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)