|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Walden Pond between his childhood and the time he moved there?
(a) The fish were depopulated.
(b) A family of muskrats moved in.
(c) The trees on the shores were cut down.
(d) The spring dried up.
2. Thoreau states his residence at Walden was more favorable to thought and serious reading than what institution?
(a) A seminary.
(b) A library.
(c) A university.
(d) A think tank.
3. How often does Thoreau go to the village?
(a) Every day or two.
(c) Once a week.
(d) Once a month.
4. How long does Thoreau live at Walden Pond?
(a) Six months.
(b) One year.
(c) Two years and two months.
(d) Three years and six months.
5. What animals ate out of the hands of the woodsman?
Short Answer Questions
1. What winter bird does Thoreau amuse himself by watching?
2. Which bird does Thoreau doubt has ever profaned Walden Pond?
3. What is the morning?
4. What creatures do Thoreau find battling in the wood-pile?
5. What does Thoreau wage a war with in his bean-field?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)