|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does Thoreau sometimes eat with relish?
(a) Boiled rabbit.
(b) Barbecued woodchuck.
(c) Roasted squirrel.
(d) Fried rat.
2. How does Thoreau describe the temperature when he began to plaster his house?
3. In what does Thoreau claim to have indulged very little?
4. Who carried the Iliad with him on his expeditions?
(b) Edmund Hillary.
(c) Captain James Cook.
5. What kind of bird does Thoreau watch for hours in the fall?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does one Concord Trader use as a sign for his store?
2. Thoreau hates the name of what local pond ?
3. What does Thoreau like to have between himself and a conversation partner?
4. What plant grows at the edge of the path near the end of May?
5. What does Thoreau sometimes hear on Sundays?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)