|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal was Thoreau surprised to see walking along the shore of the pond?
(a) A dog.
(b) A cat.
(c) A beaver.
(d) A wolf.
2. What happened to a settler's family in Sutton in 1717?
(a) Their house burned down.
(b) They were forced off their land by a flood.
(c) Their cottage was completely buried in snow.
(d) They couldn't pay their taxes and were forced to move.
3. What does Thoreau sell before he moves into the woods?
(a) His horse.
(b) His gun.
(c) His books.
(d) His watch.
4. How long do the workmen take to harvest the ice of the pond?
(a) Sixteen days.
(b) Three days.
(c) Eighteen days.
(d) Two weeks.
5. What does one hunter use as a musical instrument?
(a) A saw.
(b) A tree leaf.
Short Answer Questions
1. What plant grows at the edge of the path near the end of May?
2. In a battle recorded by Olus Magnus, what do the victorious ants do?
3. How much is Thoreau's profit from the bean-field?
4. What did Thoreau do early in the morning?
5. Thoreau feels it isn't important to provide this for his visitors.
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)