|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thoreau sell before he moves into the woods?
(a) His books.
(b) His gun.
(c) His horse.
(d) His watch.
2. What kind of bird does Thoreau watch for hours in the fall?
3. What animal does Thoreau kill and eat after it ravages his bean-field?
(a) A squirrel.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A woodchuck.
(d) A raccoon.
4. What does Thoreau say he chanced upon one day?
(a) A family of deer.
(b) An eclipse.
(c) Buried treasure.
(d) The end of a rainbow.
5. Who came the farthest to visit Thoreau in the winter?
(a) A hunter.
(b) A reporter.
(c) A farmer.
(d) A poet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of fish is most abundant in Walden Pond?
2. How long does Thoreau stay in jail?
3. "I believe that men are generally still a little afraid of..."
4. What word doesn't Thoreau use to describe John Field?
5. What animal does Thoreau hear hunting with men?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)