|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to a settler's family in Sutton in 1717?
(a) They were forced off their land by a flood.
(b) Their house burned down.
(c) They couldn't pay their taxes and were forced to move.
(d) Their cottage was completely buried in snow.
2. "Walden is a perfect forest mirror" in which season?
3. How long does Thoreau live at Walden Pond?
(a) Two years and two months.
(b) One year.
(c) Six months.
(d) Three years and six months.
4. What does Thoreau state was a pleasant pastime?
(a) Listening to music.
(c) The theater.
(d) Visiting friends.
5. How much does Thoreau spend on supplies for his bean-field?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Thoreau doing in the village when he was arrested?
2. What does Thoreau usually carry back to Walden Pond from the village?
3. What animal does Thoreau sometimes eat with relish?
4. What animal does Thoreau describe as "rudimental, burrowing men"?
5. What happened to Breed's hut?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)