|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bird comes to the pond in the fall?
(a) The swan.
(b) The loon.
(c) The cardinal.
(d) The goose.
2. What does Thoreau usually carry back to Walden Pond from the village?
(a) A loaf of bread.
(b) A new book.
(c) A light heart.
(d) A bag of rye.
3. For what purpose does Thoreau believe most men have learned to read?
4. What does Thoreau usually do after hoeing?
(a) Goes for a walk.
(b) Talks to his neighbor.
(c) Rests in the shade.
(d) Swims in the pond.
5. What word doesn't Thoreau use to describe John Field?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Thoreau goes fishing?
2. What did Thoreau do early in the morning?
3. What was Thoreau doing in the village when he was arrested?
4. In what does Thoreau claim to have indulged very little?
5. What animal does Thoreau describe as "rudimental, burrowing men"?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)