|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what do the smells from the train remind Thoreau?
(a) The destruction of nature.
(b) Other parts of the world.
(c) Big city life.
(d) His childhood.
2. What does Thoreau frequently do on warm evenings?
(a) Plays the flute in his boat.
(b) Star gazes.
(c) Goes for a walk.
(d) Fishes on the pond.
3. When Thoreau began living in the woods, his "house was not finished, but was merely a defense against the..."
4. What was the name of the family Thoreau bought a farm from and then returned the ownership to them?
5. For what does Thoreau feel sympathy?
(a) Prowling animals.
(b) Tree leaves.
(c) Withering flowers.
(d) Singing birds.
Short Answer Questions
1. "We are underbred and low-lived and..."
2. What does Thoreau do when ice first forms on the pond?
3. What kind of animal does Thoreau find in his house?
4. Where have loons been caught with fishing hooks, eighty feet below the water's surface?
5. What does one Concord Trader use as a sign for his store?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)