|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What should we come home with after adventures?
(a) Experience and character.
(b) Wisdom and direction.
(c) Knowledge and confidence.
(d) Money and wealth.
2. "Be it life or death, we crave only..."
3. What date does Thoreau leave Walden?
(a) October 6h, 1846.
(b) October 6th, 1847.
(c) September 6th, 1847.
(d) September 6th, 1845.
4. What is Thoreau's net income from his farm?
5. Which tribe calls hunters the "best men"?
(a) The Algonquins.
(b) The Iroquois.
(c) The Mohawks.
(d) The Cree.
Short Answer Questions
1. What bird does Thoreau hear almost every day in the winter?
2. Thoreau is inclined to be a...
3. On what day in 1852 was Walden first completely open?
4. How long do the workmen take to harvest the ice of the pond?
5. What animals were inside the shelter with the Field family?
This section contains 150 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)