|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "I am convinced, that if all men were to live as simply as I then did, ... would be unknown."
(a) Hunger and want.
(b) Crime and lawlessness.
(c) Thieving and robbery.
(d) War and conflict.
2. How often does Thoreau go to the village?
(a) Once a week.
(c) Every day or two.
(d) Once a month.
3. What animal grows to be four feet long, yet is rarely seen by humans?
(a) The otter.
(b) The raccoon.
(c) The lynx.
(d) The fox.
4. "I believe that men are generally still a little afraid of..."
(a) Their imaginations.
(b) The devil.
(c) The dark.
5. How much is Thoreau's profit from the bean-field?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does one Concord Trader use as a sign for his store?
2. In terms of the bean-field, what was Thoreau's greatest enemy?
3. What is Thoreau's shelter at Walden Pond?
4. What did Thoreau do early in the morning?
5. On what day in 1852 was Walden first completely open?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)