|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does Thoreau kill and eat after it ravages his bean-field?
(a) A raccoon.
(b) A woodchuck.
(c) A squirrel.
(d) A rabbit.
2. "The true husbandman will cease from..."
3. How far was Thoreau's house from Concord?
(a) 3 miles.
(b) 2 1/2 miles.
(c) 1 1/2 miles.
(d) 5 miles.
4. What man-made device can Thoreau hear from his window?
(a) Railroad cars.
(c) Lumber mill whistle.
(d) Horse-pulled wagon.
5. What creatures do Thoreau find battling in the wood-pile?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does one hunter use as a musical instrument?
2. Which tribe calls hunters the "best men"?
3. Who does Thoreau meet when taking shelter from a thunder storm?
4. Who carried the Iliad with him on his expeditions?
5. What does Thoreau usually carry back to Walden Pond from the village?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)