|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "I go and come with a strange... in Nature."
2. What happened to Breed's hut?
(a) It was abandoned.
(b) It was used as a wood shed.
(c) It burned down.
(d) A family of birds nested there.
3. What feeling does spring create in men?
4. What fruit never reaches Boston?
5. According to tales, who planted the beech grove?
(d) A wandering minstrel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thoreau do when ice first forms on the pond?
2. On what pond does Thoreau live on the shore?
3. What kind of fish does Thoreau try to catch in the winter?
4. When Thoreau began living in the woods, his "house was not finished, but was merely a defense against the..."
5. What does Thoreau usually carry back to Walden Pond from the village?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)