|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to tales, who planted the beech grove?
(c) A wandering minstrel.
2. What did Thoreau imagine doing?
(a) Writing a book.
(b) Buying a farm.
(c) Building a house.
(d) Living off the land.
3. What does Thoreau see in the clear water of the pond one November day?
(a) A school of perch.
(b) A muskrat family.
(c) A large turtle.
(d) A heron.
4. What does Thoreau compare to pearls and crystals?
5. Who exerted an influence on mankind more than kings and emperors?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thoreau state was a pleasant pastime?
2. What does Thoreau claim is the cure for his ailments?
3. "He that does not eat need not..."
4. What color is the ice from Walden Pond?
5. What does Thoreau hear in the evening?
This section contains 157 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)