|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Thoreau compare his body?
(a) A mighty animal.
(b) A holy vessel.
(c) A temple.
(d) A machine.
2. What bird sings to Thoreau as he works in the bean-field?
(a) A Finch.
(b) A Robin.
(c) A Brown Thrasher.
(d) A Sparrow.
3. What instrument does Thoreau use to watch the war more closely?
(a) A monocle.
(b) A telescope.
(c) A magnifying glass.
(d) A microscope.
4. Who came the farthest to visit Thoreau in the winter?
(a) A reporter.
(b) A hunter.
(c) A farmer.
(d) A poet.
5. Who carried the Iliad with him on his expeditions?
(b) Captain James Cook.
(c) Edmund Hillary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What plant grows at the edge of the path near the end of May?
2. Why does the Canadian woodchopper read the French paper?
3. In what does Thoreau claim to have indulged very little?
4. What caused John Farmer to contemplate his life?
5. For what do Thoreau's visitors often ask him?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)