|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thoreau hear in the evening?
(a) Birds singing.
(b) The wind in the trees.
(c) Goats bleating.
(d) Cows lowing.
2. "In dealing with truth we are..."
3. What is Thoreau's shelter at Walden Pond?
(a) A cave.
(b) A tent.
(c) An abandoned shanty.
(d) A small house.
4. What instrument does Thoreau use to watch the war more closely?
(a) A microscope.
(b) A monocle.
(c) A magnifying glass.
(d) A telescope.
5. What kind of fish does Thoreau try to catch in the winter?
Short Answer Questions
1. What writer does the French Canadian Woodsman love?
2. Thoreau states that fewer people came to see him at Walden Pond on...
3. "He that does not eat need not..."
4. How is Walden Pond described by the locals?
5. Which building is NOT listed by Thoreau as a vital building in the village?
This section contains 156 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)