|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thoreau hope will happen if John Field reads his book?
(a) He will improve himself.
(b) He will learn how to fish.
(c) He will come over for dinner.
(d) He will move to a different town.
2. What does Thoreau hear in the evening?
(a) Goats bleating.
(b) The wind in the trees.
(c) Cows lowing.
(d) Birds singing.
3. Some of Thoreau's pleasantest hours are spent during this kind of weather:
(a) Sun showers.
4. How long does Thoreau live at Walden Pond?
(a) Three years and six months.
(b) Two years and two months.
(c) One year.
(d) Six months.
5. What does Thoreau do when ice first forms on the pond?
(a) He goes ice fishing.
(b) He writes a poem about it.
(c) He lies on the ice and examines the bottom of the pond.
(d) He goes skating.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which bird does Thoreau doubt has ever profaned Walden Pond?
2. What insect came to Walden Pond by thousands in October?
3. What fruit never reaches Boston?
4. What bird does Thoreau contemplate keeping merely for his music?
5. What does Thoreau see in the clear water of the pond one November day?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)