|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What feeling does spring create in men?
2. What instrument does Thoreau use to watch the war more closely?
(a) A magnifying glass.
(b) A telescope.
(c) A microscope.
(d) A monocle.
3. For what does Thoreau feel sympathy?
(a) Withering flowers.
(b) Singing birds.
(c) Prowling animals.
(d) Tree leaves.
4. What is the name of the Plymouth Colony governor who wasn't fed by the king of the tribe he visited?
5. How far was Thoreau's house from Concord?
(a) 2 1/2 miles.
(b) 1 1/2 miles.
(c) 5 miles.
(d) 3 miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thoreau claim is the cure for his ailments?
2. According to tales, who planted the beech grove?
3. How does Thoreau describe the temperature when he began to plaster his house?
4. How long does Thoreau stay in jail?
5. Who carried the Iliad with him on his expeditions?
This section contains 157 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)