|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thoreau think Concord should become?
(a) A patron of the fine arts.
(b) A town of historical significance.
(c) A major railway stop.
(d) A tourist town.
2. What winter bird does Thoreau amuse himself by watching?
(a) A blue jay.
(b) A chickadee.
(c) A cardinal.
(d) A barred owl.
3. What animal grows to be four feet long, yet is rarely seen by humans?
(a) The lynx.
(b) The otter.
(c) The raccoon.
(d) The fox.
4. Which animal is one of "Nature's Watchmen"?
5. "He that does not eat need not..."
Short Answer Questions
1. "As long as possible live free and..."
2. What animal does Thoreau describe as "rudimental, burrowing men"?
3. What does Thoreau sometimes hear on Sundays?
4. "We can never have enough of..."
5. What kind of bird does an old man tell Thoreau used to frequent the pond?
This section contains 159 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)