|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of bird does Thoreau begin to see again in April?
2. What did Thoreau do during his first summer at Walden Pond?
(a) Studied Philosophy.
(b) Hoed beans.
(c) Wrote a book.
(d) Read Books.
3. How much does Thoreau spend on supplies for his bean-field?
4. What does Thoreau wage a war with in his bean-field?
(d) Small Animals.
5. When Thoreau began living in the woods, his "house was not finished, but was merely a defense against the..."
Short Answer Questions
1. Thoreau hates the name of what local pond ?
2. Who exerted an influence on mankind more than kings and emperors?
3. What does Thoreau frequently do on warm evenings?
4. Which building is NOT listed by Thoreau as a vital building in the village?
5. What is Thoreau's shelter at Walden Pond?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)