|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the length of Thoreau's bean rows added together?
(a) 800 yards.
(b) Two miles.
(c) Seven miles.
(d) Five miles.
2. Thoreau speaks of visitors from what charitable institution?
(a) The Salvation Army.
(b) The almshouse.
(c) The hospital.
(d) The church.
3. "I wanted to live deeply and..."
(a) Experience everything the world offered.
(b) Like each day was my last.
(c) To the fullest.
(d) Suck out all the marrow if life.
4. According to legend, after whom was Walden Pond named?
(a) An old Indian woman.
(b) A hunter.
(c) The original owner of the property.
(d) A town official.
5. What is the morning?
(a) A time for poets.
(b) A time for reflection.
(c) The awakening hour.
(d) A spritual moment.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Nature has no human inhabitant who..."
2. How much does Thoreau spend on supplies for his bean-field?
3. What time does Thoreau begin hoeing every day?
4. What happened to Walden Pond between his childhood and the time he moved there?
5. What kind of animal does Thoreau find in his house?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)