|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Thoreau do early in the morning?
(a) Read a book.
(b) Bathed in the pond.
(c) Gathered food from his garden.
(d) Went for a walk.
2. Why does Thoreau reject the suggestion of owning a visitor's book?
(a) He can't afford to buy one.
(b) He doesn't have enough visitors.
(c) He believes it's an unnecessary luxury.
(d) He has a good memory.
3. Which book are most men satisfied by reading or having read to them?
(a) The Farmer's Almanac.
(b) The Bible.
(c) Shakespeare's Sonnets.
(d) Virgil's Aeneid.
4. For what purpose does Thoreau believe most men have learned to read?
5. What does Thoreau like to have between himself and a conversation partner?
(a) A Table.
(b) A space of at least 2 feet.
(c) A bottle of wine.
(d) The pond.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal was Thoreau surprised to see walking along the shore of the pond?
2. What happened to a settler's family in Sutton in 1717?
3. How much does Thoreau spend on supplies for his bean-field?
4. What did Thoreau use during his second winter at Walden Pond?
5. Which bird does Thoreau doubt has ever profaned Walden Pond?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)