|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Thoreau meet when taking shelter from a thunder storm?
(a) John Field and his family.
(b) His school teacher.
(c) Ralph Waldo Emerson.
(d) The governor of Massachusetts.
2. When did Thoreau begin to live in the woods?
(a) Independence Day, 1845.
(b) Christmas Day, 1846.
(c) Martin Luther King Day, 1845.
(d) Memorial Day, 1847.
3. What bird sings to Thoreau as he works in the bean-field?
(a) A Robin.
(b) A Finch.
(c) A Sparrow.
(d) A Brown Thrasher.
4. What does Thoreau uncover as he hoes the bean-field?
(a) Buried treasure.
(b) The remains of animals.
(c) Tree stumps.
(d) Native artifacts.
5. What animals are likely to thrive no matter what?
(a) Rabbits and partridges.
(b) Wolves and Coyotes.
(c) Foxes and Owls.
(d) Squirrels and mice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal grows to be four feet long, yet is rarely seen by humans?
2. What does Thoreau usually carry back to Walden Pond from the village?
3. For what does Thoreau feel sympathy?
4. How much does Thoreau spend on supplies for his bean-field?
5. What is the morning?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)