|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What vegetable does Thoreau plant on most of his 2 1/2 acres?
2. What item does Thoreau discover missing?
(a) His flint.
(b) His hoe.
(c) His fountain pen.
(d) A volume of Homer.
3. What kind of tree is two feet in diameter?
(a) Black birch.
(b) Yellow ash.
(d) Green oak.
4. What winter bird does Thoreau amuse himself by watching?
(a) A blue jay.
(b) A barred owl.
(c) A chickadee.
(d) A cardinal.
5. "I have never found the companion that was so companionable as..."
(a) A book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gets struck by lighting during a heavy thunder-shower?
2. In total, how much does it cost for Thoreau to build his house?
3. What American institution does Thoreau state he could do without?
4. What fruit never reaches Boston?
5. Who or what does Thoreau visit?
This section contains 152 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)