|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item does Thoreau discover missing?
(a) His flint.
(b) His fountain pen.
(c) His hoe.
(d) A volume of Homer.
2. "The adventurous student will always study..."
3. Where was it rumored that Col. Quoil had been a soldier?
(a) Upper Canada.
(b) Hong Kong.
(d) New Orleans.
4. In what solitary amusements do most Yankees engage?
(a) Walking and hiking.
(b) Reading and playing cards.
(c) Hunting and Fishing.
(d) Skiing and swimming.
5. Some of Thoreau's pleasantest hours are spent during this kind of weather:
(a) Sun showers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Thoreau hates the name of what local pond ?
2. What animal's sound ushers in the night?
3. What animal grows to be four feet long, yet is rarely seen by humans?
4. What did Thoreau imagine doing?
5. How much is Thoreau's profit from the bean-field?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)