|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What birds does Thoreau hear regularly during the summer at 7:30pm?
2. Which book are most men satisfied by reading or having read to them?
(a) Virgil's Aeneid.
(b) The Bible.
(c) The Farmer's Almanac.
(d) Shakespeare's Sonnets.
3. What American institution does Thoreau state he could do without?
(a) The Government.
(b) The Church.
(c) The Railway.
(d) The Post Office.
4. What word doesn't Thoreau use to describe John Field?
5. Where is Walden Pond located?
(a) Keswick, England.
(b) Concord, Massachusetts.
(c) Albany, New York.
(d) Portland, Oregon.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what do Thoreau's visitors often ask him?
2. "Nature has no human inhabitant who..."
3. In total, how much does it cost for Thoreau to build his house?
4. What winter bird does Thoreau amuse himself by watching?
5. Who carried the Iliad with him on his expeditions?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)