|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many chairs does Thoreau have in his house?
2. "I believe that men are generally still a little afraid of..."
(a) The dark.
(b) The devil.
(d) Their imaginations.
3. What is Thoreau's shelter at Walden Pond?
(a) A small house.
(b) A cave.
(c) An abandoned shanty.
(d) A tent.
4. "He that does not eat need not..."
5. Who does Thoreau meet when taking shelter from a thunder storm?
(a) His school teacher.
(b) Ralph Waldo Emerson.
(c) John Field and his family.
(d) The governor of Massachusetts.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what do Thoreau's visitors often ask him?
2. What is the name of the Plymouth Colony governor who wasn't fed by the king of the tribe he visited?
3. What kind of bird does an old man tell Thoreau used to frequent the pond?
4. Thoreau hates the name of what local pond ?
5. What instrument does Thoreau use to watch the war more closely?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)