|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thoreau wage a war with in his bean-field?
(b) Small Animals.
2. What does Thoreau see in the clear water of the pond one November day?
(a) A large turtle.
(b) A school of perch.
(c) A heron.
(d) A muskrat family.
3. Why does Thoreau reject the suggestion of owning a visitor's book?
(a) He doesn't have enough visitors.
(b) He has a good memory.
(c) He can't afford to buy one.
(d) He believes it's an unnecessary luxury.
4. What does Thoreau state was a pleasant pastime?
(a) Visiting friends.
(b) Listening to music.
(d) The theater.
5. What kind of animal does Thoreau find in his house?
Short Answer Questions
1. What word doesn't Thoreau use to describe John Field?
2. How much is Thoreau's profit from the bean-field?
3. Who is never alone?
4. What should we come home with after adventures?
5. What time does Thoreau begin hoeing every day?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)