|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Thoreau feel sympathy?
(a) Singing birds.
(b) Tree leaves.
(c) Withering flowers.
(d) Prowling animals.
2. What bird comes to the pond in the fall?
(a) The goose.
(b) The cardinal.
(c) The swan.
(d) The loon.
3. What word doesn't Thoreau use to describe John Field?
4. What does Thoreau think Concord should become?
(a) A patron of the fine arts.
(b) A town of historical significance.
(c) A major railway stop.
(d) A tourist town.
5. What bird does Thoreau hear almost every day in the winter?
(a) A goose.
(b) An owl.
(c) An eagle.
(d) A duck.
Short Answer Questions
1. What insect came to Walden Pond by thousands in October?
2. What animals are likely to thrive no matter what?
3. What animals ate out of the hands of the woodsman?
4. What kind of fish is most abundant in Walden Pond?
5. What item does Thoreau discover missing?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)