|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "The swiftest traveler is he that goes..."
(a) By Train.
(b) As the crow flies.
(c) By Horse.
2. What kind of animal does Thoreau find in his house?
3. What instrument does Thoreau use to watch the war more closely?
(a) A telescope.
(b) A monocle.
(c) A magnifying glass.
(d) A microscope.
4. What does Thoreau hope will happen if John Field reads his book?
(a) He will improve himself.
(b) He will come over for dinner.
(c) He will move to a different town.
(d) He will learn how to fish.
5. What bird sings to Thoreau as he works in the bean-field?
(a) A Robin.
(b) A Finch.
(c) A Brown Thrasher.
(d) A Sparrow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does Thoreau begin hoeing every day?
2. What does Thoreau do to test the strength of the ice?
3. What does Thoreau hear from town in his bean-field on gala days?
4. What happens when Thoreau goes fishing?
5. For what purpose does Thoreau believe most men have learned to read?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)