|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Thoreau imagine doing?
(a) Writing a book.
(b) Building a house.
(c) Living off the land.
(d) Buying a farm.
2. What does Thoreau hope will happen if John Field reads his book?
(a) He will improve himself.
(b) He will move to a different town.
(c) He will learn how to fish.
(d) He will come over for dinner.
3. What bird does Thoreau contemplate keeping merely for his music?
(a) A crow.
(b) A rooster.
(c) A screech owl.
(d) A canary.
4. What does one hunter use as a musical instrument?
(c) A tree leaf.
(d) A saw.
5. Thoreau calls the train an "iron..."
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Thoreau goes fishing?
2. How far was Thoreau's house from Concord?
3. What American institution does Thoreau state he could do without?
4. What bird comes to the pond in the fall?
5. "As long as possible live free and..."
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)