|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to a settler's family in Sutton in 1717?
(a) They couldn't pay their taxes and were forced to move.
(b) Their house burned down.
(c) Their cottage was completely buried in snow.
(d) They were forced off their land by a flood.
2. What animal grows to be four feet long, yet is rarely seen by humans?
(a) The fox.
(b) The lynx.
(c) The otter.
(d) The raccoon.
3. What attracted Thoreau to the farm?
(a) Its crop production.
(b) The landscape.
(c) The house.
(d) Its remoteness.
4. In what does Thoreau claim to have indulged very little?
5. What kind of fish is most abundant in Walden Pond?
Short Answer Questions
1. On what pond does Thoreau live on the shore?
2. "If you would be chaste, you must be..."
3. How much is Thoreau's profit from the bean-field?
4. Where did Thoreau consider living before Walden Pond?
5. What kind of bird does an old man tell Thoreau used to frequent the pond?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)