|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to a settler's family in Sutton in 1717?
(a) They couldn't pay their taxes and were forced to move.
(b) Their house burned down.
(c) Their cottage was completely buried in snow.
(d) They were forced off their land by a flood.
2. Why is Thoreau put in jail?
(a) For not returning library books.
(b) For stealing.
(c) For writing a controversial article.
(d) For failing to pay a tax.
3. Which tribe calls hunters the "best men"?
(a) The Iroquois.
(b) The Mohawks.
(c) The Cree.
(d) The Algonquins.
4. What creatures do Thoreau find battling in the wood-pile?
5. What animal does Thoreau describe as "rudimental, burrowing men"?
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does San Nutting exchange bear skins?
2. For what purpose does Thoreau believe most men have learned to read?
3. What does Thoreau see in the clear water of the pond one November day?
4. What is Thoreau's net income from his farm?
5. What does Thoreau state was a pleasant pastime?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)