|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How close is Thoreau's nearest neighbor?
(a) Two miles.
(b) One mile.
(c) Three miles.
(d) Half a mile.
2. What kind of bird does an old man tell Thoreau used to frequent the pond?
3. Which tribe calls hunters the "best men"?
(a) The Mohawks.
(b) The Algonquins.
(c) The Cree.
(d) The Iroquois.
4. Where is Walden Pond located?
(a) Keswick, England.
(b) Concord, Massachusetts.
(c) Albany, New York.
(d) Portland, Oregon.
5. Who carried the Iliad with him on his expeditions?
(a) Captain James Cook.
(d) Edmund Hillary.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what purpose does Thoreau believe most men have learned to read?
2. In a battle recorded by Olus Magnus, what do the victorious ants do?
3. What does Thoreau uncover as he hoes the bean-field?
4. "I am convinced, that if all men were to live as simply as I then did, ... would be unknown."
5. What does Thoreau wage a war with in his bean-field?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)