|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Canadian woodchopper read the French paper?
(a) For the news.
(b) For practice.
(c) To show off to his neighbors.
(d) For the pictures.
2. What does Thoreau uncover as he hoes the bean-field?
(a) Native artifacts.
(b) Buried treasure.
(c) The remains of animals.
(d) Tree stumps.
3. For what do Thoreau's visitors often ask him?
(a) A glass of water.
(b) A meal.
(d) A cup of coffee.
4. When Thoreau began living in the woods, his "house was not finished, but was merely a defense against the..."
5. What plant grows at the edge of the path near the end of May?
(b) The sand cherry.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to tales, who planted the beech grove?
2. Thoreau states his residence at Walden was more favorable to thought and serious reading than what institution?
3. What are the necessities of life?
4. What kind of fish does Thoreau try to catch in the winter?
5. Thoreau feels it isn't important to provide this for his visitors.
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)