|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Thoreau begin to live in the woods?
(a) Christmas Day, 1846.
(b) Martin Luther King Day, 1845.
(c) Memorial Day, 1847.
(d) Independence Day, 1845.
2. To what howling animal does Thoreau compare the loon?
(a) A wolf.
(b) A coyote.
(c) A jackal.
(d) A dog.
3. For what purpose does Thoreau believe most men have learned to read?
4. "I have never found the companion that was so companionable as..."
(c) A book.
5. What does Thoreau uncover as he hoes the bean-field?
(a) Native artifacts.
(b) Buried treasure.
(c) Tree stumps.
(d) The remains of animals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What frequently notifies Thoreau of a passing traveler along the highway?
2. Who exerted an influence on mankind more than kings and emperors?
3. Some of Thoreau's pleasantest hours are spent during this kind of weather:
4. What animals were inside the shelter with the Field family?
5. "In dealing with truth we are..."
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)