|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thoreau uncover as he hoes the bean-field?
(a) Native artifacts.
(b) Tree stumps.
(c) Buried treasure.
(d) The remains of animals.
2. What does the poet say is the greatest thing he has seen today?
(a) The forest.
(b) The hermit's face.
(c) A book he was reading.
(d) The clouds.
3. In total, how much does it cost for Thoreau to build his house?
4. What instrument does Thoreau use to watch the war more closely?
(a) A microscope.
(b) A telescope.
(c) A magnifying glass.
(d) A monocle.
5. Which bird does Thoreau doubt has ever profaned Walden Pond?
(a) A pigeon.
(b) A sparrow.
(c) A finch.
(d) A seagull.
Short Answer Questions
1. In terms of the bean-field, what was Thoreau's greatest enemy?
2. What man-made device can Thoreau hear from his window?
3. What is the name of the Plymouth Colony governor who wasn't fed by the king of the tribe he visited?
4. In what solitary amusements do most Yankees engage?
5. What happened to Walden Pond between his childhood and the time he moved there?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)