|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of tree is two feet in diameter?
(a) Black birch.
(b) Green oak.
(d) Yellow ash.
2. "Nature has no human inhabitant who..."
(a) Loves her.
(b) Treats her well.
(c) Respects her.
(d) Appreciates her.
3. "I believe that men are generally still a little afraid of..."
(a) The devil.
(c) The dark.
(d) Their imaginations.
4. "The swiftest traveler is he that goes..."
(a) By Train.
(c) As the crow flies.
(d) By Horse.
5. What man-made device can Thoreau hear from his window?
(a) Horse-pulled wagon.
(b) Railroad cars.
(c) Lumber mill whistle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Thoreau consider living before Walden Pond?
2. What does Thoreau wage a war with in his bean-field?
3. What is Thoreau's net income from his farm?
4. What caused John Farmer to contemplate his life?
5. For what purpose does Thoreau believe most men have learned to read?
This section contains 156 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)