|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which building is NOT listed by Thoreau as a vital building in the village?
(a) Post Office.
2. What book does Thoreau keep on his table throughout the summer?
(a) Cervantes' Don Quixote.
(b) Milton's Paradise Lost.
(c) Homer's Iliad.
(d) The Bible.
3. "As long as possible live free and..."
4. What did Thoreau do during his first summer at Walden Pond?
(a) Read Books.
(b) Hoed beans.
(c) Studied Philosophy.
(d) Wrote a book.
5. What happens when Thoreau goes fishing?
(a) He mourns the death of the fish.
(b) He is at peace.
(c) He has less self-respect.
(d) He feels pride.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who carried the Iliad with him on his expeditions?
2. On what pond does Thoreau live on the shore?
3. What birds does Thoreau hear regularly during the summer at 7:30pm?
4. How much is Thoreau's profit from the bean-field?
5. What does Thoreau see in the clear water of the pond one November day?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)