|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Nature has no human inhabitant who..."
(a) Treats her well.
(b) Loves her.
(c) Appreciates her.
(d) Respects her.
2. What American institution does Thoreau state he could do without?
(a) The Post Office.
(b) The Railway.
(c) The Government.
(d) The Church.
3. What did Thoreau do during his first summer at Walden Pond?
(a) Hoed beans.
(b) Studied Philosophy.
(c) Wrote a book.
(d) Read Books.
4. What birds does Thoreau hear regularly during the summer at 7:30pm?
5. What does Thoreau hope to avoid by harvesting early?
(d) Loss to animals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Walden Pond between his childhood and the time he moved there?
2. What does Thoreau usually carry back to Walden Pond from the village?
3. What is the length of Thoreau's bean rows added together?
4. What kind of bird does Thoreau watch for hours in the fall?
5. "It is not worth the while to live by..."
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)