|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is never alone?
(a) An angel.
(b) A writer.
(c) A hermit.
(d) The devil.
2. What kind of fish does Thoreau try to catch in the winter?
3. What kind of fish is most abundant in Walden Pond?
4. Thoreau states his residence at Walden was more favorable to thought and serious reading than what institution?
(a) A university.
(b) A think tank.
(c) A library.
(d) A seminary.
5. Thoreau states that fewer people came to see him at Walden Pond on...
(a) Trivial business.
(b) Religious Missions.
(c) False Pretenses.
(d) Charity Work.
Short Answer Questions
1. Thoreau calls the train an "iron..."
2. "It is not worth the while to live by..."
3. What animal grows to be four feet long, yet is rarely seen by humans?
4. What American institution does Thoreau state he could do without?
5. In total, how much does it cost for Thoreau to build his house?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)