|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thoreau usually carry back to Walden Pond from the village?
(a) A bag of rye.
(b) A loaf of bread.
(c) A new book.
(d) A light heart.
2. What does Thoreau sell before he moves into the woods?
(a) His watch.
(b) His books.
(c) His gun.
(d) His horse.
3. What kind of bird does an old man tell Thoreau used to frequent the pond?
4. Who does Thoreau meet when taking shelter from a thunder storm?
(a) The governor of Massachusetts.
(b) Ralph Waldo Emerson.
(c) His school teacher.
(d) John Field and his family.
5. How often does Thoreau go to the village?
(b) Once a week.
(c) Once a month.
(d) Every day or two.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Thoreau begin to live in the woods?
2. For what purpose does Thoreau believe most men have learned to read?
3. What does Thoreau follow all the way into town?
4. Thoreau hates the name of what local pond ?
5. "The true husbandman will cease from..."
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)