|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thoreau usually carry back to Walden Pond from the village?
(a) A loaf of bread.
(b) A bag of rye.
(c) A light heart.
(d) A new book.
2. What fruit never reaches Boston?
3. What does one Concord Trader use as a sign for his store?
(a) A bear hide.
(b) A Wagon Wheel.
(c) A Wooden plank.
(d) A salt fish.
4. What does Thoreau sell before he moves into the woods?
(a) His books.
(b) His watch.
(c) His gun.
(d) His horse.
5. What is Thoreau's shelter at Walden Pond?
(a) A tent.
(b) A small house.
(c) A cave.
(d) An abandoned shanty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does Thoreau want to eat when it crosses his path?
2. What animal was Thoreau surprised to see walking along the shore of the pond?
3. What happens when Thoreau goes fishing?
4. "As long as possible live free and..."
5. What does Thoreau frequently do on warm evenings?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)