|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does Thoreau kill and eat after it ravages his bean-field?
(a) A squirrel.
(b) A raccoon.
(c) A woodchuck.
(d) A rabbit.
2. "In dealing with truth we are..."
3. "The village appeared to me a great..."
(b) News room.
4. Which building is NOT listed by Thoreau as a vital building in the village?
(c) Post Office.
5. What does Thoreau see in the clear water of the pond one November day?
(a) A large turtle.
(b) A muskrat family.
(c) A heron.
(d) A school of perch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does Thoreau want to eat when it crosses his path?
2. What does Thoreau sell before he moves into the woods?
3. "He that does not eat need not..."
4. For what do Thoreau's visitors often ask him?
5. What animal was Thoreau surprised to see walking along the shore of the pond?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)