|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which tribe calls hunters the "best men"?
(a) The Cree.
(b) The Algonquins.
(c) The Iroquois.
(d) The Mohawks.
2. For what purpose does Thoreau believe most men have learned to read?
3. "As long as possible live free and..."
4. What does Thoreau say he chanced upon one day?
(a) An eclipse.
(b) The end of a rainbow.
(c) Buried treasure.
(d) A family of deer.
5. What kind of bird does an old man tell Thoreau used to frequent the pond?
Short Answer Questions
1. What book does Thoreau keep on his table throughout the summer?
2. "He that does not eat need not..."
3. What happens when Thoreau goes fishing?
4. To what does Thoreau compare his body?
5. What animals ate out of the hands of the woodsman?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)