|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "As long as possible live free and..."
2. What happened to Walden Pond between his childhood and the time he moved there?
(a) The trees on the shores were cut down.
(b) The spring dried up.
(c) The fish were depopulated.
(d) A family of muskrats moved in.
3. "Objects of charity are not..."
4. What does Thoreau usually do after hoeing?
(a) Swims in the pond.
(b) Goes for a walk.
(c) Rests in the shade.
(d) Talks to his neighbor.
5. What American institution does Thoreau state he could do without?
(a) The Post Office.
(b) The Government.
(c) The Railway.
(d) The Church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument does Thoreau use to watch the war more closely?
2. What happens when Thoreau goes fishing?
3. "I believe that men are generally still a little afraid of..."
4. What does Thoreau sell before he moves into the woods?
5. What does Thoreau claim is the cure for his ailments?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)