|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "I am convinced, that if all men were to live as simply as I then did, ... would be unknown."
(a) Hunger and want.
(b) Crime and lawlessness.
(c) Thieving and robbery.
(d) War and conflict.
2. Where is Walden Pond located?
(a) Portland, Oregon.
(b) Concord, Massachusetts.
(c) Keswick, England.
(d) Albany, New York.
3. Thoreau speaks of visitors from what charitable institution?
(a) The church.
(b) The almshouse.
(c) The hospital.
(d) The Salvation Army.
4. Thoreau states his residence at Walden was more favorable to thought and serious reading than what institution?
(a) A library.
(b) A think tank.
(c) A university.
(d) A seminary.
5. What does Thoreau state was a pleasant pastime?
(a) The theater.
(c) Listening to music.
(d) Visiting friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What frequently notifies Thoreau of a passing traveler along the highway?
2. What birds does Thoreau hear regularly during the summer at 7:30pm?
3. Some of Thoreau's pleasantest hours are spent during this kind of weather:
4. What gets struck by lighting during a heavy thunder-shower?
5. What is Thoreau's shelter at Walden Pond?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)