|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In terms of the bean-field, what was Thoreau's greatest enemy?
2. What does Thoreau sometimes hear on Sundays?
(a) Organ music.
(b) Choirs singing.
(c) Church bells.
(d) Families walking in the forest.
3. What does Thoreau hear from town in his bean-field on gala days?
(a) Church bells.
(b) The train whistle.
(c) Military gunfire.
(d) A brass band.
4. Thoreau calls the train an "iron..."
5. What book does Thoreau keep on his table throughout the summer?
(a) The Bible.
(b) Cervantes' Don Quixote.
(c) Homer's Iliad.
(d) Milton's Paradise Lost.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Thoreau help toward the north star?
2. What does Thoreau state was a pleasant pastime?
3. "I believe that men are generally still a little afraid of..."
4. How far was Thoreau's house from Concord?
5. For what do Thoreau's visitors often ask him?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)