|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Thoreau began living in the woods, his "house was not finished, but was merely a defense against the..."
2. Who carried the Iliad with him on his expeditions?
(a) Edmund Hillary.
(b) Captain James Cook.
3. What birds does Thoreau hear regularly during the summer at 7:30pm?
4. "I go and come with a strange... in Nature."
5. How long does Thoreau live at Walden Pond?
(a) Six months.
(b) One year.
(c) Two years and two months.
(d) Three years and six months.
Short Answer Questions
1. Thoreau speaks of visitors from what charitable institution?
2. Who does Thoreau help toward the north star?
3. "Objects of charity are not..."
4. What animals ate out of the hands of the woodsman?
5. How close is Thoreau's nearest neighbor?
This section contains 162 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)