|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Thoreau do during his first summer at Walden Pond?
(a) Wrote a book.
(b) Hoed beans.
(c) Read Books.
(d) Studied Philosophy.
2. What does Thoreau usually carry back to Walden Pond from the village?
(a) A light heart.
(b) A loaf of bread.
(c) A bag of rye.
(d) A new book.
3. How long does Thoreau live at Walden Pond?
(a) Two years and two months.
(b) Three years and six months.
(c) Six months.
(d) One year.
4. Why is Thoreau put in jail?
(a) For not returning library books.
(b) For stealing.
(c) For failing to pay a tax.
(d) For writing a controversial article.
5. What was Thoreau doing in the village when he was arrested?
(a) Picking up a shoe from the cobbler's.
(b) Selling beans.
(c) Having a drink at the bar-room.
(d) Buying a newspaper.
Short Answer Questions
1. "The mass of men lead lives of quiet..."
2. What book does Thoreau keep on his table throughout the summer?
3. When did Thoreau begin to live in the woods?
4. "As long as possible live free and..."
5. How much is Thoreau's profit from the bean-field?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)