|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thoreau sometimes hear on Sundays?
(a) Choirs singing.
(b) Church bells.
(c) Organ music.
(d) Families walking in the forest.
2. How long does Thoreau live at Walden Pond?
(a) One year.
(b) Six months.
(c) Two years and two months.
(d) Three years and six months.
3. How often does Thoreau go to the village?
(a) Every day or two.
(b) Once a week.
(c) Once a month.
4. What did Thoreau do during his first summer at Walden Pond?
(a) Hoed beans.
(b) Wrote a book.
(c) Studied Philosophy.
(d) Read Books.
5. How does Thoreau often find his way home in the dark?
(a) He uses a walking stick.
(b) He uses a torch.
(c) He looks up at the opening between the trees above the path.
(d) He ties a rope along the path.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thoreau hear from town in his bean-field on gala days?
2. Which animal is one of "Nature's Watchmen"?
3. For what do Thoreau's visitors often ask him?
4. Why does the Canadian woodchopper read the French paper?
5. "I go and come with a strange... in Nature."
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)