|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What American institution does Thoreau state he could do without?
(a) The Railway.
(b) The Government.
(c) The Church.
(d) The Post Office.
2. What animal does Thoreau kill and eat after it ravages his bean-field?
(a) A squirrel.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A woodchuck.
(d) A raccoon.
3. What bird does Thoreau contemplate keeping merely for his music?
(a) A rooster.
(b) A canary.
(c) A screech owl.
(d) A crow.
4. "I believe that men are generally still a little afraid of..."
(a) Their imaginations.
(b) The devil.
(d) The dark.
5. What frequently notifies Thoreau of a passing traveler along the highway?
(a) The smell of a pipe.
(b) Footprints and broken tree branches.
(c) The sound of laughter.
(d) Flashing lights.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much is Thoreau's profit from the bean-field?
2. "The village appeared to me a great..."
3. What writer does the French Canadian Woodsman love?
4. What was the name of the family Thoreau bought a farm from and then returned the ownership to them?
5. What gets struck by lighting during a heavy thunder-shower?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)