|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what do Thoreau's visitors often ask him?
(a) A meal.
(b) A cup of coffee.
(c) A glass of water.
2. Where is Walden Pond located?
(a) Portland, Oregon.
(b) Concord, Massachusetts.
(c) Albany, New York.
(d) Keswick, England.
3. Which book are most men satisfied by reading or having read to them?
(a) Virgil's Aeneid.
(b) The Bible.
(c) Shakespeare's Sonnets.
(d) The Farmer's Almanac.
4. Thoreau calls the train an "iron..."
5. For what purpose does Thoreau believe most men have learned to read?
Short Answer Questions
1. What item does Thoreau discover missing?
2. What does Thoreau hear from town in his bean-field on gala days?
3. How much does Thoreau spend on supplies for his bean-field?
4. "In dealing with truth we are..."
5. What does one Concord Trader use as a sign for his store?
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)