|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Thoreau began living in the woods, his "house was not finished, but was merely a defense against the..."
2. What is the morning?
(a) A spritual moment.
(b) The awakening hour.
(c) A time for reflection.
(d) A time for poets.
3. For what does Thoreau feel sympathy?
(a) Singing birds.
(b) Tree leaves.
(c) Prowling animals.
(d) Withering flowers.
4. What does Thoreau state was a pleasant pastime?
(a) The theater.
(b) Listening to music.
(c) Visiting friends.
5. What does Thoreau hear in the evening?
(a) Cows lowing.
(b) Goats bleating.
(c) Birds singing.
(d) The wind in the trees.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thoreau usually do after hoeing?
2. What is Thoreau's shelter at Walden Pond?
3. "As long as possible live free and..."
4. What are the necessities of life?
5. "The village appeared to me a great..."
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)