|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "I go and come with a strange... in Nature."
2. What time does Thoreau begin hoeing every day?
(a) 7:00 AM.
(b) 5:00 AM.
(c) 6:00 AM.
(d) 8:00 AM.
3. What did Thoreau do early in the morning?
(a) Read a book.
(b) Bathed in the pond.
(c) Went for a walk.
(d) Gathered food from his garden.
4. "I believe that men are generally still a little afraid of..."
(a) Their imaginations.
(b) The devil.
(d) The dark.
5. How long does Thoreau stay in jail?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) A month.
(c) One day.
(d) One week.
Short Answer Questions
1. What plant grows at the edge of the path near the end of May?
2. What animal does Thoreau kill and eat after it ravages his bean-field?
3. What animals ate out of the hands of the woodsman?
4. "I have never found the companion that was so companionable as..."
5. "The true husbandman will cease from..."
This section contains 162 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)