|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Thoreau do during his first summer at Walden Pond?
(a) Hoed beans.
(b) Read Books.
(c) Studied Philosophy.
(d) Wrote a book.
2. Where is Walden Pond located?
(a) Concord, Massachusetts.
(b) Albany, New York.
(c) Keswick, England.
(d) Portland, Oregon.
3. How long does Thoreau stay in jail?
(a) One week.
(b) A month.
(c) One day.
(d) Three weeks.
4. What does Thoreau uncover as he hoes the bean-field?
(a) Tree stumps.
(b) The remains of animals.
(c) Buried treasure.
(d) Native artifacts.
5. Thoreau speaks of visitors from what charitable institution?
(a) The almshouse.
(b) The church.
(c) The hospital.
(d) The Salvation Army.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does Thoreau begin hoeing every day?
2. What birds does Thoreau hear regularly during the summer at 7:30pm?
3. What item does Thoreau discover missing?
4. Who is never alone?
5. "I go and come with a strange... in Nature."
This section contains 154 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)