|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which building is NOT listed by Thoreau as a vital building in the village?
(d) Post Office.
2. How often does Thoreau go to the village?
(b) Once a month.
(c) Once a week.
(d) Every day or two.
3. In total, how much does it cost for Thoreau to build his house?
4. Where does Thoreau believe intellectual societies are confined?
(a) Literary circles.
(c) Paris and Oxford.
(d) New York.
5. What does one Concord Trader use as a sign for his store?
(a) A bear hide.
(b) A Wooden plank.
(c) A Wagon Wheel.
(d) A salt fish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the length of Thoreau's bean rows added together?
2. What birds does Thoreau hear regularly during the summer at 7:30pm?
3. What are the necessities of life?
4. For what do Thoreau's visitors often ask him?
5. Thoreau speaks of visitors from what charitable institution?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)