|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who exerted an influence on mankind more than kings and emperors?
2. What does Thoreau sometimes hear on Sundays?
(a) Church bells.
(b) Families walking in the forest.
(c) Choirs singing.
(d) Organ music.
3. In terms of the bean-field, what was Thoreau's greatest enemy?
4. Why does Thoreau reject the suggestion of owning a visitor's book?
(a) He can't afford to buy one.
(b) He has a good memory.
(c) He believes it's an unnecessary luxury.
(d) He doesn't have enough visitors.
5. What plant grows at the edge of the path near the end of May?
(a) The sand cherry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does Thoreau begin hoeing every day?
2. For what do Thoreau's visitors often ask him?
3. "I am convinced, that if all men were to live as simply as I then did, ... would be unknown."
4. What does Thoreau hear in the evening?
5. What man-made device can Thoreau hear from his window?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)