|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thoreau claim is the cure for his ailments?
(d) Morning air.
2. What does Thoreau sometimes hear on Sundays?
(a) Families walking in the forest.
(b) Church bells.
(c) Organ music.
(d) Choirs singing.
3. What is the name of the Plymouth Colony governor who wasn't fed by the king of the tribe he visited?
4. What frequently notifies Thoreau of a passing traveler along the highway?
(a) Footprints and broken tree branches.
(b) Flashing lights.
(c) The sound of laughter.
(d) The smell of a pipe.
5. How many chairs does Thoreau have in his house?
Short Answer Questions
1. Thoreau states his residence at Walden was more favorable to thought and serious reading than what institution?
2. "I wanted to live deeply and..."
3. What did Thoreau do early in the morning?
4. "I go and come with a strange... in Nature."
5. In total, how much does it cost for Thoreau to build his house?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)