|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thoreau state was a pleasant pastime?
(a) Listening to music.
(c) Visiting friends.
(d) The theater.
2. Why does the Canadian woodchopper read the French paper?
(a) To show off to his neighbors.
(b) For the pictures.
(c) For the news.
(d) For practice.
3. Where is Walden Pond located?
(a) Keswick, England.
(b) Portland, Oregon.
(c) Albany, New York.
(d) Concord, Massachusetts.
4. What is the name of the Plymouth Colony governor who wasn't fed by the king of the tribe he visited?
5. What does Thoreau sometimes hear on Sundays?
(a) Organ music.
(b) Choirs singing.
(c) Families walking in the forest.
(d) Church bells.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thoreau follow all the way into town?
2. How many chairs does Thoreau have in his house?
3. "The adventurous student will always study..."
4. What gets struck by lighting during a heavy thunder-shower?
5. Who exerted an influence on mankind more than kings and emperors?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)