|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what do Thoreau's visitors often ask him?
(a) A glass of water.
(b) A meal.
(d) A cup of coffee.
2. Which animal is one of "Nature's Watchmen"?
3. What does Thoreau hear in the evening?
(a) The wind in the trees.
(b) Cows lowing.
(c) Goats bleating.
(d) Birds singing.
4. What does Thoreau hear from town in his bean-field on gala days?
(a) Military gunfire.
(b) The train whistle.
(c) A brass band.
(d) Church bells.
5. What animal's sound ushers in the night?
(a) The coyote's yelp.
(b) The whip-poor-will's cry.
(c) The bullfrog's trump.
(d) The hawk's scream.
Short Answer Questions
1. In terms of the bean-field, what was Thoreau's greatest enemy?
2. Some of Thoreau's pleasantest hours are spent during this kind of weather:
3. "In dealing with truth we are..."
4. What vegetable does Thoreau plant on most of his 2 1/2 acres?
5. What writer does the French Canadian Woodsman love?
This section contains 156 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)