|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Thoreau feels it isn't important to provide this for his visitors.
(b) A place to sit.
2. What is the length of Thoreau's bean rows added together?
(a) Seven miles.
(b) 800 yards.
(c) Two miles.
(d) Five miles.
3. Why does Thoreau reject the suggestion of owning a visitor's book?
(a) He believes it's an unnecessary luxury.
(b) He doesn't have enough visitors.
(c) He has a good memory.
(d) He can't afford to buy one.
4. What does Thoreau hear in the evening?
(a) Cows lowing.
(b) Goats bleating.
(c) Birds singing.
(d) The wind in the trees.
5. What bird does Thoreau contemplate keeping merely for his music?
(a) A rooster.
(b) A crow.
(c) A canary.
(d) A screech owl.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gets struck by lighting during a heavy thunder-shower?
2. Who exerted an influence on mankind more than kings and emperors?
3. In terms of the bean-field, what was Thoreau's greatest enemy?
4. "The adventurous student will always study..."
5. Which animal is one of "Nature's Watchmen"?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)