|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who carried the Iliad with him on his expeditions?
(c) Edmund Hillary.
(d) Captain James Cook.
2. What is Thoreau's net income from his farm?
3. "The adventurous student will always study..."
4. What did Thoreau do during his first summer at Walden Pond?
(a) Read Books.
(b) Hoed beans.
(c) Wrote a book.
(d) Studied Philosophy.
5. What does Thoreau hear in the evening?
(a) Goats bleating.
(b) Birds singing.
(c) The wind in the trees.
(d) Cows lowing.
Short Answer Questions
1. In total, how much does it cost for Thoreau to build his house?
2. What man-made device can Thoreau hear from his window?
3. "Objects of charity are not..."
4. "I go and come with a strange... in Nature."
5. Why does Thoreau reject the suggestion of owning a visitor's book?
This section contains 157 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)