|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thoreau hope to avoid by harvesting early?
(d) Loss to animals.
2. How long does Thoreau live at Walden Pond?
(a) Three years and six months.
(b) One year.
(c) Two years and two months.
(d) Six months.
3. Thoreau feels it isn't important to provide this for his visitors.
(b) A place to sit.
4. What attracted Thoreau to the farm?
(a) Its remoteness.
(b) Its crop production.
(c) The house.
(d) The landscape.
5. What did Thoreau do during his first summer at Walden Pond?
(a) Studied Philosophy.
(b) Hoed beans.
(c) Read Books.
(d) Wrote a book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What vegetable does Thoreau plant on most of his 2 1/2 acres?
2. How far was Thoreau's house from Concord?
3. "I have never found the companion that was so companionable as..."
4. What is Thoreau's net income from his farm?
5. What time does Thoreau begin hoeing every day?
This section contains 151 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)