|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Thoreau imagine doing?
(a) Living off the land.
(b) Buying a farm.
(c) Writing a book.
(d) Building a house.
2. What is Thoreau's shelter at Walden Pond?
(a) A cave.
(b) A small house.
(c) An abandoned shanty.
(d) A tent.
3. What man-made device can Thoreau hear from his window?
(a) Horse-pulled wagon.
(c) Railroad cars.
(d) Lumber mill whistle.
4. "Be it life or death, we crave only..."
5. Who is never alone?
(a) A hermit.
(b) An angel.
(c) A writer.
(d) The devil.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thoreau state was a pleasant pastime?
2. What is the length of Thoreau's bean rows added together?
3. How much does Thoreau spend on supplies for his bean-field?
4. What time does Thoreau begin hoeing every day?
5. What is Thoreau's net income from his farm?
This section contains 139 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)