|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thoreau hope to avoid by harvesting early?
(c) Loss to animals.
2. What does Thoreau hear from town in his bean-field on gala days?
(a) Military gunfire.
(b) Church bells.
(c) A brass band.
(d) The train whistle.
3. What does Thoreau state men have lost when planting crops?
4. What does Thoreau uncover as he hoes the bean-field?
(a) The remains of animals.
(b) Buried treasure.
(c) Native artifacts.
(d) Tree stumps.
5. How close is Thoreau's nearest neighbor?
(a) One mile.
(b) Three miles.
(c) Half a mile.
(d) Two miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thoreau sometimes hear on Sundays?
2. What animals ate out of the hands of the woodsman?
3. Thoreau speaks of visitors from what charitable institution?
4. What did Thoreau imagine doing?
5. What is the morning?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)