|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who carried the Iliad with him on his expeditions?
(c) Captain James Cook.
(d) Edmund Hillary.
2. What is the morning?
(a) A spritual moment.
(b) A time for poets.
(c) The awakening hour.
(d) A time for reflection.
3. Thoreau calls the train an "iron..."
4. What is the name of the Plymouth Colony governor who wasn't fed by the king of the tribe he visited?
5. How long does Thoreau live at Walden Pond?
(a) Three years and six months.
(b) Two years and two months.
(c) Six months.
(d) One year.
Short Answer Questions
1. Thoreau speaks of visitors from what charitable institution?
2. What does Thoreau like to have between himself and a conversation partner?
3. "I have never found the companion that was so companionable as..."
4. What animal's sound ushers in the night?
5. "In dealing with truth we are..."
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)