|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "The swiftest traveler is he that goes..."
(a) As the crow flies.
(c) By Horse.
(d) By Train.
2. What is Thoreau's shelter at Walden Pond?
(a) A tent.
(b) A cave.
(c) A small house.
(d) An abandoned shanty.
3. What does Thoreau think Concord should become?
(a) A town of historical significance.
(b) A tourist town.
(c) A patron of the fine arts.
(d) A major railway stop.
4. Where is Walden Pond located?
(a) Albany, New York.
(b) Concord, Massachusetts.
(c) Portland, Oregon.
(d) Keswick, England.
5. What animal's sound ushers in the night?
(a) The bullfrog's trump.
(b) The whip-poor-will's cry.
(c) The coyote's yelp.
(d) The hawk's scream.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Canadian woodchopper read the French paper?
2. What does one Concord Trader use as a sign for his store?
3. How close is Thoreau's nearest neighbor?
4. What is the morning?
5. How long does Thoreau live at Walden Pond?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)