|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book does Thoreau keep on his table throughout the summer?
(a) Cervantes' Don Quixote.
(b) Homer's Iliad.
(c) The Bible.
(d) Milton's Paradise Lost.
2. Where does Thoreau believe intellectual societies are confined?
(b) Literary circles.
(c) Paris and Oxford.
(d) New York.
3. What did Thoreau do during his first summer at Walden Pond?
(a) Read Books.
(b) Studied Philosophy.
(c) Wrote a book.
(d) Hoed beans.
4. Thoreau calls the train an "iron..."
5. What does Thoreau hear in the evening?
(a) The wind in the trees.
(b) Goats bleating.
(c) Birds singing.
(d) Cows lowing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the morning?
2. How long does Thoreau live at Walden Pond?
3. How close is Thoreau's nearest neighbor?
4. "As long as possible live free and..."
5. What animal does Thoreau kill and eat after it ravages his bean-field?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)