|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "We are underbred and low-lived and..."
2. What plant grows at the edge of the path near the end of May?
(b) The sand cherry.
3. What does one Concord Trader use as a sign for his store?
(a) A salt fish.
(b) A Wooden plank.
(c) A bear hide.
(d) A Wagon Wheel.
4. What did Thoreau imagine doing?
(a) Building a house.
(b) Writing a book.
(c) Living off the land.
(d) Buying a farm.
5. Why does the Canadian woodchopper read the French paper?
(a) To show off to his neighbors.
(b) For practice.
(c) For the pictures.
(d) For the news.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Walden Pond located?
2. What American institution does Thoreau state he could do without?
3. In total, how much does it cost for Thoreau to build his house?
4. What gets struck by lighting during a heavy thunder-shower?
5. Where does Thoreau believe intellectual societies are confined?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)