|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "I go and come with a strange... in Nature."
2. What does Thoreau follow all the way into town?
(a) A river.
(b) A wooded path.
(c) Road signs.
(d) The railroad.
3. What does Thoreau claim is the cure for his ailments?
(a) Morning air.
4. How far was Thoreau's house from Concord?
(a) 3 miles.
(b) 1 1/2 miles.
(c) 2 1/2 miles.
(d) 5 miles.
5. Where is Walden Pond located?
(a) Albany, New York.
(b) Portland, Oregon.
(c) Keswick, England.
(d) Concord, Massachusetts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Thoreau's net income from his farm?
2. Who is never alone?
3. Thoreau calls the train an "iron..."
4. Thoreau states his residence at Walden was more favorable to thought and serious reading than what institution?
5. What vegetable does Thoreau plant on most of his 2 1/2 acres?
This section contains 141 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)