|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thoreau state was a pleasant pastime?
(a) The theater.
(b) Visiting friends.
(c) Listening to music.
2. "The swiftest traveler is he that goes..."
(b) By Horse.
(c) As the crow flies.
(d) By Train.
3. Why does the Canadian woodchopper read the French paper?
(a) For the news.
(b) For practice.
(c) For the pictures.
(d) To show off to his neighbors.
4. What did Thoreau do during his first summer at Walden Pond?
(a) Studied Philosophy.
(b) Hoed beans.
(c) Wrote a book.
(d) Read Books.
5. What American institution does Thoreau state he could do without?
(a) The Government.
(b) The Railway.
(c) The Church.
(d) The Post Office.
Short Answer Questions
1. "I wanted to live deeply and..."
2. "I believe that men are generally still a little afraid of..."
3. Some of Thoreau's pleasantest hours are spent during this kind of weather:
4. What are the necessities of life?
5. What is Thoreau's shelter at Walden Pond?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)