|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In total, how much does it cost for Thoreau to build his house?
2. What does Thoreau state was a pleasant pastime?
(b) The theater.
(c) Visiting friends.
(d) Listening to music.
3. What does Thoreau hear in the evening?
(a) Birds singing.
(b) Goats bleating.
(c) The wind in the trees.
(d) Cows lowing.
4. What animal does Thoreau kill and eat after it ravages his bean-field?
(a) A woodchuck.
(b) A squirrel.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) A raccoon.
5. Some of Thoreau's pleasantest hours are spent during this kind of weather:
(d) Sun showers.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what purpose does Thoreau believe most men have learned to read?
2. When Thoreau began living in the woods, his "house was not finished, but was merely a defense against the..."
3. For what does Thoreau feel sympathy?
4. What does one Concord Trader use as a sign for his store?
5. How far was Thoreau's house from Concord?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)