|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "We are underbred and low-lived and..."
2. How far was Thoreau's house from Concord?
(a) 5 miles.
(b) 1 1/2 miles.
(c) 3 miles.
(d) 2 1/2 miles.
3. Which animal is one of "Nature's Watchmen"?
4. For what does Thoreau feel sympathy?
(a) Tree leaves.
(b) Prowling animals.
(c) Withering flowers.
(d) Singing birds.
5. What American institution does Thoreau state he could do without?
(a) The Railway.
(b) The Church.
(c) The Government.
(d) The Post Office.
Short Answer Questions
1. What attracted Thoreau to the farm?
2. "The swiftest traveler is he that goes..."
3. Some of Thoreau's pleasantest hours are spent during this kind of weather:
4. What does Thoreau claim is the cure for his ailments?
5. Where does Thoreau believe intellectual societies are confined?
This section contains 144 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)