|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what pond does Thoreau live on the shore?
(a) Walden Pond.
(b) Wiltshire Pond.
(c) Catfish Pond.
(d) Concord Pond.
2. "I wanted to live deeply and..."
(a) Experience everything the world offered.
(b) Like each day was my last.
(c) To the fullest.
(d) Suck out all the marrow if life.
3. What was the name of the family Thoreau bought a farm from and then returned the ownership to them?
4. What animal's sound ushers in the night?
(a) The bullfrog's trump.
(b) The coyote's yelp.
(c) The hawk's scream.
(d) The whip-poor-will's cry.
5. Thoreau calls the train an "iron..."
Short Answer Questions
1. For what purpose does Thoreau believe most men have learned to read?
2. What birds does Thoreau hear regularly during the summer at 7:30pm?
3. What book does Thoreau keep on his table throughout the summer?
4. "I go and come with a strange... in Nature."
5. What does Thoreau think Concord should become?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)