|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thoreau think Concord should become?
(a) A town of historical significance.
(b) A tourist town.
(c) A major railway stop.
(d) A patron of the fine arts.
2. What frequently notifies Thoreau of a passing traveler along the highway?
(a) Flashing lights.
(b) Footprints and broken tree branches.
(c) The smell of a pipe.
(d) The sound of laughter.
3. For what does Thoreau feel sympathy?
(a) Withering flowers.
(b) Tree leaves.
(c) Prowling animals.
(d) Singing birds.
4. What is the morning?
(a) A time for poets.
(b) The awakening hour.
(c) A time for reflection.
(d) A spritual moment.
5. What does Thoreau claim is the cure for his ailments?
(d) Morning air.
Short Answer Questions
1. What bird does Thoreau contemplate keeping merely for his music?
2. "I have never found the companion that was so companionable as..."
3. How long does Thoreau live at Walden Pond?
4. "We are underbred and low-lived and..."
5. Thoreau states his residence at Walden was more favorable to thought and serious reading than what institution?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)