|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far was Thoreau's house from Concord?
(a) 3 miles.
(b) 1 1/2 miles.
(c) 5 miles.
(d) 2 1/2 miles.
2. In what does Thoreau claim to have indulged very little?
3. What animal's sound ushers in the night?
(a) The bullfrog's trump.
(b) The hawk's scream.
(c) The whip-poor-will's cry.
(d) The coyote's yelp.
4. How close is Thoreau's nearest neighbor?
(a) One mile.
(b) Half a mile.
(c) Two miles.
(d) Three miles.
5. "We are underbred and low-lived and..."
Short Answer Questions
1. Which animal is one of "Nature's Watchmen"?
2. What does Thoreau think Concord should become?
3. Why does the Canadian woodchopper read the French paper?
4. What is Thoreau's shelter at Walden Pond?
5. When Thoreau began living in the woods, his "house was not finished, but was merely a defense against the..."
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)