|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "I believe that men are generally still a little afraid of..."
(a) The devil.
(c) The dark.
(d) Their imaginations.
2. Where is Walden Pond located?
(a) Albany, New York.
(b) Portland, Oregon.
(c) Concord, Massachusetts.
(d) Keswick, England.
3. Why does the Canadian woodchopper read the French paper?
(a) To show off to his neighbors.
(b) For the news.
(c) For the pictures.
(d) For practice.
4. Which animal is one of "Nature's Watchmen"?
5. What does one Concord Trader use as a sign for his store?
(a) A Wagon Wheel.
(b) A salt fish.
(c) A Wooden plank.
(d) A bear hide.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what does Thoreau claim to have indulged very little?
2. What is Thoreau's shelter at Walden Pond?
3. Thoreau calls the train an "iron..."
4. "Be it life or death, we crave only..."
5. "The mass of men lead lives of quiet..."
This section contains 155 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)