|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Thoreau imagine doing?
(a) Writing a book.
(b) Building a house.
(c) Buying a farm.
(d) Living off the land.
2. "We are underbred and low-lived and..."
3. What book does Thoreau keep on his table throughout the summer?
(a) The Bible.
(b) Homer's Iliad.
(c) Milton's Paradise Lost.
(d) Cervantes' Don Quixote.
4. What is Thoreau's shelter at Walden Pond?
(a) A cave.
(b) An abandoned shanty.
(c) A tent.
(d) A small house.
5. How long does Thoreau live at Walden Pond?
(a) Six months.
(b) Three years and six months.
(c) Two years and two months.
(d) One year.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Thoreau feel sympathy?
2. "I wanted to live deeply and..."
3. Which animal is one of "Nature's Watchmen"?
4. In total, how much does it cost for Thoreau to build his house?
5. What is the morning?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)