|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "The mass of men lead lives of quiet..."
2. "The adventurous student will always study..."
3. "We are underbred and low-lived and..."
4. What animal does Thoreau kill and eat after it ravages his bean-field?
(a) A raccoon.
(b) A squirrel.
(c) A woodchuck.
(d) A rabbit.
5. What is the morning?
(a) A time for poets.
(b) The awakening hour.
(c) A time for reflection.
(d) A spritual moment.
Short Answer Questions
1. In total, how much does it cost for Thoreau to build his house?
2. Who carried the Iliad with him on his expeditions?
3. What was the name of the family Thoreau bought a farm from and then returned the ownership to them?
4. Where does Thoreau believe intellectual societies are confined?
5. Why does the Canadian woodchopper read the French paper?
This section contains 161 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)