|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Thoreau begin to live in the woods?
(a) Christmas Day, 1846.
(b) Martin Luther King Day, 1845.
(c) Independence Day, 1845.
(d) Memorial Day, 1847.
2. What did Thoreau imagine doing?
(a) Building a house.
(b) Living off the land.
(c) Writing a book.
(d) Buying a farm.
3. On what pond does Thoreau live on the shore?
(a) Concord Pond.
(b) Catfish Pond.
(c) Walden Pond.
(d) Wiltshire Pond.
4. What is Thoreau's shelter at Walden Pond?
(a) A cave.
(b) An abandoned shanty.
(c) A small house.
(d) A tent.
5. What was the name of the family Thoreau bought a farm from and then returned the ownership to them?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Thoreau's net income from his farm?
2. What are the necessities of life?
3. For what purpose does Thoreau believe most men have learned to read?
4. "I wanted to live deeply and..."
5. Who carried the Iliad with him on his expeditions?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)