|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Thoreau began living in the woods, his "house was not finished, but was merely a defense against the..."
2. "Be it life or death, we crave only..."
3. What American institution does Thoreau state he could do without?
(a) The Government.
(b) The Church.
(c) The Railway.
(d) The Post Office.
4. What is the morning?
(a) A spritual moment.
(b) The awakening hour.
(c) A time for poets.
(d) A time for reflection.
5. What vegetable does Thoreau plant on most of his 2 1/2 acres?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the family Thoreau bought a farm from and then returned the ownership to them?
2. In total, how much does it cost for Thoreau to build his house?
3. How far was Thoreau's house from Concord?
4. What attracted Thoreau to the farm?
5. What does Thoreau think Concord should become?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)