|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who carried the Iliad with him on his expeditions?
(b) Edmund Hillary.
(d) Captain James Cook.
2. "The swiftest traveler is he that goes..."
(a) By Train.
(b) As the crow flies.
(c) By Horse.
3. In total, how much does it cost for Thoreau to build his house?
4. What American institution does Thoreau state he could do without?
(a) The Railway.
(b) The Post Office.
(c) The Government.
(d) The Church.
5. In what does Thoreau claim to have indulged very little?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Thoreau live at Walden Pond?
2. Who exerted an influence on mankind more than kings and emperors?
3. What book does Thoreau keep on his table throughout the summer?
4. "Be it life or death, we crave only..."
5. "The mass of men lead lives of quiet..."
This section contains 160 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)