|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "In dealing with truth we are..."
2. Thoreau states his residence at Walden was more favorable to thought and serious reading than what institution?
(a) A university.
(b) A think tank.
(c) A seminary.
(d) A library.
3. In total, how much does it cost for Thoreau to build his house?
4. What did Thoreau do early in the morning?
(a) Read a book.
(b) Went for a walk.
(c) Gathered food from his garden.
(d) Bathed in the pond.
5. What attracted Thoreau to the farm?
(a) The landscape.
(b) The house.
(c) Its remoteness.
(d) Its crop production.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Thoreau begin to live in the woods?
2. In what does Thoreau claim to have indulged very little?
3. What are the necessities of life?
4. What animal does Thoreau kill and eat after it ravages his bean-field?
5. What vegetable does Thoreau plant on most of his 2 1/2 acres?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)