|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far was Thoreau's house from Concord?
(a) 2 1/2 miles.
(b) 1 1/2 miles.
(c) 3 miles.
(d) 5 miles.
2. When Thoreau began living in the woods, his "house was not finished, but was merely a defense against the..."
3. How long does Thoreau live at Walden Pond?
(a) Two years and two months.
(b) One year.
(c) Six months.
(d) Three years and six months.
4. When did Thoreau begin to live in the woods?
(a) Christmas Day, 1846.
(b) Memorial Day, 1847.
(c) Independence Day, 1845.
(d) Martin Luther King Day, 1845.
5. Thoreau states his residence at Walden was more favorable to thought and serious reading than what institution?
(a) A library.
(b) A think tank.
(c) A seminary.
(d) A university.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does Thoreau kill and eat after it ravages his bean-field?
2. What is the morning?
3. What did Thoreau do early in the morning?
4. "The adventurous student will always study..."
5. In what does Thoreau claim to have indulged very little?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)