|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who carried the Iliad with him on his expeditions?
(a) Edmund Hillary.
(c) Captain James Cook.
2. What did Thoreau do early in the morning?
(a) Went for a walk.
(b) Gathered food from his garden.
(c) Bathed in the pond.
(d) Read a book.
3. What animal does Thoreau kill and eat after it ravages his bean-field?
(a) A woodchuck.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A raccoon.
(d) A squirrel.
4. What is Thoreau's net income from his farm?
5. What is the morning?
(a) The awakening hour.
(b) A spritual moment.
(c) A time for reflection.
(d) A time for poets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What vegetable does Thoreau plant on most of his 2 1/2 acres?
2. Where does Thoreau believe intellectual societies are confined?
3. Thoreau states his residence at Walden was more favorable to thought and serious reading than what institution?
4. Which book are most men satisfied by reading or having read to them?
5. In what does Thoreau claim to have indulged very little?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)