|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the family Thoreau bought a farm from and then returned the ownership to them?
2. What did Thoreau imagine doing?
(a) Building a house.
(b) Living off the land.
(c) Writing a book.
(d) Buying a farm.
3. "Be it life or death, we crave only..."
4. How far was Thoreau's house from Concord?
(a) 3 miles.
(b) 1 1/2 miles.
(c) 5 miles.
(d) 2 1/2 miles.
5. In what does Thoreau claim to have indulged very little?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the morning?
2. For what purpose does Thoreau believe most men have learned to read?
3. What attracted Thoreau to the farm?
4. What book does Thoreau keep on his table throughout the summer?
5. Who carried the Iliad with him on his expeditions?
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)