|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far was Thoreau's house from Concord?
(a) 1 1/2 miles.
(b) 3 miles.
(c) 5 miles.
(d) 2 1/2 miles.
2. How long does Thoreau live at Walden Pond?
(a) Three years and six months.
(b) Two years and two months.
(c) One year.
(d) Six months.
3. "In dealing with truth we are..."
4. What animal does Thoreau kill and eat after it ravages his bean-field?
(a) A raccoon.
(b) A squirrel.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) A woodchuck.
5. Thoreau states his residence at Walden was more favorable to thought and serious reading than what institution?
(a) A library.
(b) A university.
(c) A think tank.
(d) A seminary.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Thoreau begin to live in the woods?
2. "The swiftest traveler is he that goes..."
3. "As long as possible live free and..."
4. On what pond does Thoreau live on the shore?
5. Where is Walden Pond located?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)