|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the necessities of life?
(a) Food, shelter, clothing, and fuel.
(b) Food, shelter, clothing, and sunlight.
(c) Food, shelter, land, and freedom.
(d) Love, happiness, family, and religion.
2. Which book are most men satisfied by reading or having read to them?
(a) Shakespeare's Sonnets.
(b) The Bible.
(c) Virgil's Aeneid.
(d) The Farmer's Almanac.
3. "The swiftest traveler is he that goes..."
(a) By Horse.
(b) As the crow flies.
(c) By Train.
4. "In dealing with truth we are..."
5. What is the morning?
(a) A time for poets.
(b) The awakening hour.
(c) A spritual moment.
(d) A time for reflection.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Walden Pond located?
2. What does Thoreau think Concord should become?
3. Thoreau states his residence at Walden was more favorable to thought and serious reading than what institution?
4. What did Thoreau imagine doing?
5. On what pond does Thoreau live on the shore?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)