Eight Week Quiz G
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Walden Pond described by the locals?
2. How long do the workmen take to harvest the ice of the pond?
(a) Sixteen days.
(b) Eighteen days.
(c) Three days.
(d) Two weeks.
3. "He that does not eat need not..."
4. Where does Thoreau believe intellectual societies are confined?
(b) Paris and Oxford.
(c) New York.
(d) Literary circles.
5. What was Thoreau doing in the village when he was arrested?
(a) Buying a newspaper.
(b) Selling beans.
(c) Picking up a shoe from the cobbler's.
(d) Having a drink at the bar-room.
Short Answer Questions
1. "I believe that men are generally still a little afraid of..."
2. What does Thoreau sometimes hear on Sundays?
3. What kind of tree is two feet in diameter?
4. In what does Thoreau claim to have indulged very little?
5. What does Thoreau state men have lost when planting crops?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)