Eight Week Quiz F
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to a settler's family in Sutton in 1717?
(a) Their house burned down.
(b) Their cottage was completely buried in snow.
(c) They couldn't pay their taxes and were forced to move.
(d) They were forced off their land by a flood.
2. What does Thoreau do to pass the time on winter evenings?
(a) He whittles.
(b) He dreams.
(c) He writes.
(d) He reads.
3. Which tribe calls hunters the "best men"?
(a) The Iroquois.
(b) The Cree.
(c) The Mohawks.
(d) The Algonquins.
4. Which book are most men satisfied by reading or having read to them?
(a) Shakespeare's Sonnets.
(b) Virgil's Aeneid.
(c) The Bible.
(d) The Farmer's Almanac.
5. How often does Thoreau go to the village?
(b) Every day or two.
(c) Once a month.
(d) Once a week.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Thoreau feel sympathy?
2. Thoreau calls the train an "iron..."
3. Which bird does Thoreau doubt has ever profaned Walden Pond?
4. What animal does Thoreau kill and eat after it ravages his bean-field?
5. What does Thoreau hear from town in his bean-field on gala days?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)