|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal grows to be four feet long, yet is rarely seen by humans?
(a) The otter.
(b) The fox.
(c) The raccoon.
(d) The lynx.
2. In a battle recorded by Olus Magnus, what do the victorious ants do?
(a) Enslave the young of their enemy hive.
(b) Form a circle around their dead enemies.
(c) Bury the bodies of their own soldiers.
(d) Eat the bodies of their dead enemies.
3. What kind of tree is two feet in diameter?
(a) Yellow ash.
(c) Green oak.
(d) Black birch.
4. Who carried the Iliad with him on his expeditions?
(a) Edmund Hillary.
(c) Captain James Cook.
5. What does Thoreau uncover as he hoes the bean-field?
(a) The remains of animals.
(b) Buried treasure.
(c) Tree stumps.
(d) Native artifacts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thoreau hear in the evening?
2. What did Thoreau do during his first summer at Walden Pond?
3. What do Thoreau's guests often do when they leave after dark?
4. What is Thoreau's net income from his farm?
5. For what do Thoreau's visitors often ask him?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)