Eight Week Quiz D
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Thoreau's guests often do when they leave after dark?
(a) They go missing.
(b) They get lost.
(c) They spend the night at Walden Pond.
(d) They ask Thoreau to walk them home.
2. Why is Thoreau put in jail?
(a) For not returning library books.
(b) For stealing.
(c) For writing a controversial article.
(d) For failing to pay a tax.
3. Why does Thoreau reject the suggestion of owning a visitor's book?
(a) He doesn't have enough visitors.
(b) He has a good memory.
(c) He believes it's an unnecessary luxury.
(d) He can't afford to buy one.
4. How far was Thoreau's house from Concord?
(a) 2 1/2 miles.
(b) 5 miles.
(c) 3 miles.
(d) 1 1/2 miles.
5. "I go and come with a strange... in Nature."
Short Answer Questions
1. For what purpose does Thoreau believe most men have learned to read?
2. "In dealing with truth we are..."
3. What does Thoreau claim is the cure for his ailments?
4. In total, how much does it cost for Thoreau to build his house?
5. What does one Concord Trader use as a sign for his store?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)