Eight Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gets struck by lighting during a heavy thunder-shower?
(a) Walden Pond.
(b) Thoreau's shelter.
(c) The bean field.
(d) A pine tree.
2. Some of Thoreau's pleasantest hours are spent during this kind of weather:
(a) Sun showers.
3. What does one Concord Trader use as a sign for his store?
(a) A Wagon Wheel.
(b) A salt fish.
(c) A Wooden plank.
(d) A bear hide.
4. What animal does Thoreau kill and eat after it ravages his bean-field?
(a) A raccoon.
(b) A woodchuck.
(c) A squirrel.
(d) A rabbit.
5. Who carried the Iliad with him on his expeditions?
(b) Captain James Cook.
(c) Edmund Hillary.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far was Thoreau's house from Concord?
2. What attracted Thoreau to the farm?
3. What did Thoreau do during his first summer at Walden Pond?
4. "The mass of men lead lives of quiet..."
5. Thoreau states his residence at Walden was more favorable to thought and serious reading than what institution?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)