|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who or what does Thoreau visit?
2. How long does Thoreau live at Walden Pond?
(a) Three years and six months.
(b) One year.
(c) Two years and two months.
(d) Six months.
3. How much does Thoreau spend on supplies for his bean-field?
4. "I wanted to live deeply and..."
(a) Suck out all the marrow if life.
(b) Like each day was my last.
(c) To the fullest.
(d) Experience everything the world offered.
5. What does Thoreau like to have between himself and a conversation partner?
(a) A space of at least 2 feet.
(b) The pond.
(c) A Table.
(d) A bottle of wine.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Thoreau often find his way home in the dark?
2. What man-made device can Thoreau hear from his window?
3. What item does Thoreau discover missing?
4. What kind of fish does Thoreau try to catch in the winter?
5. What bird does Thoreau contemplate keeping merely for his music?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)