|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Thoreau do during his first summer at Walden Pond?
(a) Wrote a book.
(b) Read Books.
(c) Studied Philosophy.
(d) Hoed beans.
2. What is the morning?
(a) A time for reflection.
(b) The awakening hour.
(c) A time for poets.
(d) A spritual moment.
3. In what solitary amusements do most Yankees engage?
(a) Walking and hiking.
(b) Skiing and swimming.
(c) Hunting and Fishing.
(d) Reading and playing cards.
4. On what pond does Thoreau live on the shore?
(a) Walden Pond.
(b) Catfish Pond.
(c) Wiltshire Pond.
(d) Concord Pond.
5. What caused John Farmer to contemplate his life?
(a) The Bible.
(b) Thoreau's philosophy.
(c) The sound of a flute.
(d) The night sky.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Walden Pond located?
2. For what do Thoreau's visitors often ask him?
3. Which book are most men satisfied by reading or having read to them?
4. What is the length of Thoreau's bean rows added together?
5. In total, how much does it cost for Thoreau to build his house?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)