|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who carried the Iliad with him on his expeditions?
(b) Edmund Hillary.
(d) Captain James Cook.
2. How does Thoreau often find his way home in the dark?
(a) He uses a torch.
(b) He ties a rope along the path.
(c) He uses a walking stick.
(d) He looks up at the opening between the trees above the path.
3. What does Thoreau state was a pleasant pastime?
(a) The theater.
(b) Listening to music.
(c) Visiting friends.
4. Why does the Canadian woodchopper read the French paper?
(a) For the pictures.
(b) To show off to his neighbors.
(c) For practice.
(d) For the news.
5. What did Thoreau do early in the morning?
(a) Went for a walk.
(b) Read a book.
(c) Gathered food from his garden.
(d) Bathed in the pond.
Short Answer Questions
1. "I go and come with a strange... in Nature."
2. What is the length of Thoreau's bean rows added together?
3. Where did Thoreau consider living before Walden Pond?
4. What animal does Thoreau describe as "rudimental, burrowing men"?
5. According to legend, after whom was Walden Pond named?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)