|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thoreau see in the clear water of the pond one November day?
(a) A heron.
(b) A large turtle.
(c) A school of perch.
(d) A muskrat family.
2. What man-made device can Thoreau hear from his window?
(a) Horse-pulled wagon.
(b) Railroad cars.
(d) Lumber mill whistle.
3. Where was it rumored that Col. Quoil had been a soldier?
(a) Hong Kong.
(c) New Orleans.
(d) Upper Canada.
4. Who is never alone?
(a) A writer.
(b) A hermit.
(c) An angel.
(d) The devil.
5. Thoreau calls the train an "iron..."
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does Thoreau kill and eat after it ravages his bean-field?
2. What bird does Thoreau contemplate keeping merely for his music?
3. In total, how much does it cost for Thoreau to build his house?
4. "The village appeared to me a great..."
5. Where have loons been caught with fishing hooks, eighty feet below the water's surface?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)