|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Thoreau goes fishing?
(a) He feels pride.
(b) He has less self-respect.
(c) He is at peace.
(d) He mourns the death of the fish.
2. For what purpose does Thoreau believe most men have learned to read?
3. What kind of bird does an old man tell Thoreau used to frequent the pond?
4. Thoreau speaks of visitors from what charitable institution?
(a) The church.
(b) The almshouse.
(c) The hospital.
(d) The Salvation Army.
5. What item does Thoreau discover missing?
(a) A volume of Homer.
(b) His flint.
(c) His hoe.
(d) His fountain pen.
Short Answer Questions
1. "The true husbandman will cease from..."
2. What does Thoreau say he chanced upon one day?
3. What does Thoreau do to pass the time on winter evenings?
4. What is the morning?
5. Where is Walden Pond located?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)