|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Remember thy Creator in the days of thy..."
2. What happened to a settler's family in Sutton in 1717?
(a) They were forced off their land by a flood.
(b) They couldn't pay their taxes and were forced to move.
(c) Their cottage was completely buried in snow.
(d) Their house burned down.
3. How many chairs does Thoreau have in his house?
4. How does Thoreau often find his way home in the dark?
(a) He looks up at the opening between the trees above the path.
(b) He uses a walking stick.
(c) He uses a torch.
(d) He ties a rope along the path.
5. What does Thoreau hope to avoid by harvesting early?
(b) Loss to animals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Thoreau's guests often do when they leave after dark?
2. What happened to Walden Pond between his childhood and the time he moved there?
3. What item does Thoreau discover missing?
4. What does Thoreau uncover as he hoes the bean-field?
5. How far was Thoreau's house from Concord?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)