|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does Thoreau describe as "rudimental, burrowing men"?
2. What is Thoreau's net income from his farm?
3. Who came the farthest to visit Thoreau in the winter?
(a) A poet.
(b) A farmer.
(c) A hunter.
(d) A reporter.
4. What does one Concord Trader use as a sign for his store?
(a) A Wagon Wheel.
(b) A Wooden plank.
(c) A salt fish.
(d) A bear hide.
5. What item does Thoreau discover missing?
(a) His flint.
(b) A volume of Homer.
(c) His hoe.
(d) His fountain pen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Thoreau states his residence at Walden was more favorable to thought and serious reading than what institution?
2. To what howling animal does Thoreau compare the loon?
3. Thoreau calls the train an "iron..."
4. In what solitary amusements do most Yankees engage?
5. According to tales, who planted the beech grove?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)