|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Thoreau began living in the woods, his "house was not finished, but was merely a defense against the..."
2. Which bird does Thoreau doubt has ever profaned Walden Pond?
(a) A finch.
(b) A seagull.
(c) A sparrow.
(d) A pigeon.
3. "It is not worth the while to live by..."
(a) Bread alone.
(b) Eating meat.
(c) Wine bottles.
(d) Rich cookery.
4. In terms of the bean-field, what was Thoreau's greatest enemy?
5. "I wanted to live deeply and..."
(a) Experience everything the world offered.
(b) Suck out all the marrow if life.
(c) To the fullest.
(d) Like each day was my last.
Short Answer Questions
1. "If you would be chaste, you must be..."
2. Who does Thoreau meet when taking shelter from a thunder storm?
3. What bird comes to the pond in the fall?
4. What does one Concord Trader use as a sign for his store?
5. What does Thoreau see in the clear water of the pond one November day?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)