|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How often does Thoreau go to the village?
(a) Every day or two.
(c) Once a week.
(d) Once a month.
2. What item does Thoreau discover missing?
(a) His flint.
(b) His hoe.
(c) His fountain pen.
(d) A volume of Homer.
3. "I go and come with a strange... in Nature."
4. What animals are likely to thrive no matter what?
(a) Foxes and Owls.
(b) Wolves and Coyotes.
(c) Squirrels and mice.
(d) Rabbits and partridges.
5. Thoreau states his residence at Walden was more favorable to thought and serious reading than what institution?
(a) A library.
(b) A think tank.
(c) A university.
(d) A seminary.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Be it life or death, we crave only..."
2. What animal was Thoreau surprised to see walking along the shore of the pond?
3. In what solitary amusements do most Yankees engage?
4. What happened to Walden Pond between his childhood and the time he moved there?
5. What does Thoreau hope will happen if John Field reads his book?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)