|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Thoreau states that fewer people came to see him at Walden Pond on...
(a) Trivial business.
(b) False Pretenses.
(c) Charity Work.
(d) Religious Missions.
2. Where is Walden Pond located?
(a) Concord, Massachusetts.
(b) Albany, New York.
(c) Portland, Oregon.
(d) Keswick, England.
3. In what solitary amusements do most Yankees engage?
(a) Reading and playing cards.
(b) Hunting and Fishing.
(c) Skiing and swimming.
(d) Walking and hiking.
4. Thoreau hates the name of what local pond ?
(a) Fish Pond.
(b) White Pond.
(c) Mill Pond.
(d) Flint's Pond.
5. "Objects of charity are not..."
Short Answer Questions
1. According to tales, who planted the beech grove?
2. Where was it rumored that Col. Quoil had been a soldier?
3. Who does Thoreau help toward the north star?
4. What does Thoreau sometimes dream of owning?
5. For what does San Nutting exchange bear skins?
This section contains 159 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)