|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Thoreau reject the suggestion of owning a visitor's book?
(a) He doesn't have enough visitors.
(b) He believes it's an unnecessary luxury.
(c) He can't afford to buy one.
(d) He has a good memory.
2. What is the name of the Plymouth Colony governor who wasn't fed by the king of the tribe he visited?
3. What does Thoreau hope to avoid by harvesting early?
(d) Loss to animals.
4. Who does Thoreau help toward the north star?
(a) A woodsman.
(b) A railroad employee.
(c) A farmer.
(d) A runaway slave.
5. What gets struck by lighting during a heavy thunder-shower?
(a) A pine tree.
(b) The bean field.
(c) Walden Pond.
(d) Thoreau's shelter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thoreau do to test the strength of the ice?
2. Why does the Canadian woodchopper read the French paper?
3. Thoreau feels it isn't important to provide this for his visitors.
4. What does Thoreau hear from town in his bean-field on gala days?
5. What happens when Thoreau goes fishing?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)