|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What man-made device can Thoreau hear from his window?
(a) Railroad cars.
(b) Horse-pulled wagon.
(d) Lumber mill whistle.
2. What bird does Thoreau hear almost every day in the winter?
(a) An eagle.
(b) A duck.
(c) A goose.
(d) An owl.
3. "It is not worth the while to live by..."
(a) Bread alone.
(b) Wine bottles.
(c) Rich cookery.
(d) Eating meat.
4. What is Thoreau's net income from his farm?
5. Where is Walden Pond located?
(a) Portland, Oregon.
(b) Albany, New York.
(c) Concord, Massachusetts.
(d) Keswick, England.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Thoreau consider living before Walden Pond?
2. Which animal is one of "Nature's Watchmen"?
3. Thoreau feels it isn't important to provide this for his visitors.
4. Thoreau speaks of visitors from what charitable institution?
5. What does Thoreau state was a pleasant pastime?
This section contains 152 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)