|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what pond does Thoreau live on the shore?
(a) Walden Pond.
(b) Concord Pond.
(c) Catfish Pond.
(d) Wiltshire Pond.
2. What animal does Thoreau hear hunting with men?
3. What does Thoreau say he chanced upon one day?
(a) An eclipse.
(b) Buried treasure.
(c) The end of a rainbow.
(d) A family of deer.
4. How close is Thoreau's nearest neighbor?
(a) Two miles.
(b) Half a mile.
(c) Three miles.
(d) One mile.
5. "Remember thy Creator in the days of thy..."
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal was Thoreau surprised to see walking along the shore of the pond?
2. What bird does Thoreau hear almost every day in the winter?
3. What does Thoreau hope will happen if John Field reads his book?
4. What is the name of the Plymouth Colony governor who wasn't fed by the king of the tribe he visited?
5. What time does Thoreau begin hoeing every day?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)