|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does Thoreau hear hunting with men?
2. Where was it rumored that Col. Quoil had been a soldier?
(b) Upper Canada.
(c) Hong Kong.
(d) New Orleans.
3. What does Thoreau frequently do on warm evenings?
(a) Plays the flute in his boat.
(b) Goes for a walk.
(c) Star gazes.
(d) Fishes on the pond.
4. "The true husbandman will cease from..."
5. How much does Thoreau spend on supplies for his bean-field?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Thoreau believe intellectual societies are confined?
2. What instrument does Thoreau use to watch the war more closely?
3. What man-made device can Thoreau hear from his window?
4. What book does Thoreau keep on his table throughout the summer?
5. How close is Thoreau's nearest neighbor?
This section contains 163 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)