|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does Thoreau kill and eat after it ravages his bean-field?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) A squirrel.
(c) A woodchuck.
(d) A raccoon.
2. What did Thoreau use during his second winter at Walden Pond?
(a) A chimney.
(c) A stove.
3. What kind of tree is two feet in diameter?
(a) Yellow ash.
(b) Green oak.
(c) Black birch.
4. What insect came to Walden Pond by thousands in October?
5. What do Thoreau's guests often do when they leave after dark?
(a) They go missing.
(b) They get lost.
(c) They ask Thoreau to walk them home.
(d) They spend the night at Walden Pond.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thoreau follow all the way into town?
2. When Thoreau began living in the woods, his "house was not finished, but was merely a defense against the..."
3. "Be it life or death, we crave only..."
4. "The swiftest traveler is he that goes..."
5. How does Thoreau often find his way home in the dark?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)