|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal's sound ushers in the night?
(a) The coyote's yelp.
(b) The whip-poor-will's cry.
(c) The hawk's scream.
(d) The bullfrog's trump.
2. What did Thoreau use during his second winter at Walden Pond?
(a) A stove.
(d) A chimney.
3. When did Thoreau begin to live in the woods?
(a) Independence Day, 1845.
(b) Christmas Day, 1846.
(c) Memorial Day, 1847.
(d) Martin Luther King Day, 1845.
4. What creatures do Thoreau find battling in the wood-pile?
5. What attracted Thoreau to the farm?
(a) The landscape.
(b) Its crop production.
(c) The house.
(d) Its remoteness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thoreau do to pass the time on winter evenings?
2. Thoreau states that fewer people came to see him at Walden Pond on...
3. What kind of bird does Thoreau watch for hours in the fall?
4. What bird comes to the pond in the fall?
5. What does Thoreau do to test the strength of the ice?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)