|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Thoreau calls the train an "iron..."
2. What is the name of the Plymouth Colony governor who wasn't fed by the king of the tribe he visited?
3. Which book are most men satisfied by reading or having read to them?
(a) The Farmer's Almanac.
(b) Shakespeare's Sonnets.
(c) Virgil's Aeneid.
(d) The Bible.
4. "We are underbred and low-lived and..."
5. What does Thoreau hear in the evening?
(a) Cows lowing.
(b) Birds singing.
(c) Goats bleating.
(d) The wind in the trees.
Short Answer Questions
1. "I am convinced, that if all men were to live as simply as I then did, ... would be unknown."
2. What kind of tree is two feet in diameter?
3. When Thoreau began living in the woods, his "house was not finished, but was merely a defense against the..."
4. How long does Thoreau live at Walden Pond?
5. What kind of bird does an old man tell Thoreau used to frequent the pond?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)