|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What insect came to Walden Pond by thousands in October?
2. What does Thoreau see in the clear water of the pond one November day?
(a) A school of perch.
(b) A large turtle.
(c) A muskrat family.
(d) A heron.
3. In a battle recorded by Olus Magnus, what do the victorious ants do?
(a) Bury the bodies of their own soldiers.
(b) Eat the bodies of their dead enemies.
(c) Enslave the young of their enemy hive.
(d) Form a circle around their dead enemies.
4. What is Thoreau's shelter at Walden Pond?
(a) A small house.
(b) A cave.
(c) An abandoned shanty.
(d) A tent.
5. What does Thoreau sometimes hear on Sundays?
(a) Families walking in the forest.
(b) Organ music.
(c) Church bells.
(d) Choirs singing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Canadian woodchopper read the French paper?
2. Which animal is one of "Nature's Watchmen"?
3. Who is never alone?
4. For what does San Nutting exchange bear skins?
5. Who does Thoreau meet when taking shelter from a thunder storm?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)