|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thoreau see in the clear water of the pond one November day?
(a) A school of perch.
(b) A large turtle.
(c) A heron.
(d) A muskrat family.
2. Thoreau calls the train an "iron..."
3. Who does Thoreau meet when taking shelter from a thunder storm?
(a) The governor of Massachusetts.
(b) His school teacher.
(c) John Field and his family.
(d) Ralph Waldo Emerson.
4. What word doesn't Thoreau use to describe John Field?
5. In what does Thoreau claim to have indulged very little?
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does San Nutting exchange bear skins?
2. What animals ate out of the hands of the woodsman?
3. How much is Thoreau's profit from the bean-field?
4. Who does Thoreau help toward the north star?
5. What animal grows to be four feet long, yet is rarely seen by humans?
This section contains 163 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)