|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What birds does Thoreau hear regularly during the summer at 7:30pm?
2. What does Thoreau claim is the cure for his ailments?
(b) Morning air.
3. What bird comes to the pond in the fall?
(a) The loon.
(b) The cardinal.
(c) The swan.
(d) The goose.
4. What are the necessities of life?
(a) Food, shelter, clothing, and fuel.
(b) Food, shelter, land, and freedom.
(c) Love, happiness, family, and religion.
(d) Food, shelter, clothing, and sunlight.
5. What kind of tree is two feet in diameter?
(a) Green oak.
(c) Yellow ash.
(d) Black birch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Thoreau's guests often do when they leave after dark?
2. Where was it rumored that Col. Quoil had been a soldier?
3. What does Thoreau frequently do on warm evenings?
4. "I go and come with a strange... in Nature."
5. How much does Thoreau spend on supplies for his bean-field?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)