|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what solitary amusements do most Yankees engage?
(a) Hunting and Fishing.
(b) Skiing and swimming.
(c) Reading and playing cards.
(d) Walking and hiking.
2. Some of Thoreau's pleasantest hours are spent during this kind of weather:
(c) Sun showers.
3. What kind of fish is most abundant in Walden Pond?
4. In terms of the bean-field, what was Thoreau's greatest enemy?
5. How much is Thoreau's profit from the bean-field?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thoreau do to test the strength of the ice?
2. What was Thoreau doing in the village when he was arrested?
3. What animals ate out of the hands of the woodsman?
4. What kind of bird does an old man tell Thoreau used to frequent the pond?
5. What American institution does Thoreau state he could do without?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)