|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What man-made device can Thoreau hear from his window?
(b) Lumber mill whistle.
(c) Railroad cars.
(d) Horse-pulled wagon.
2. "The adventurous student will always study..."
3. Which book are most men satisfied by reading or having read to them?
(a) Virgil's Aeneid.
(b) Shakespeare's Sonnets.
(c) The Bible.
(d) The Farmer's Almanac.
4. When did Thoreau begin to live in the woods?
(a) Martin Luther King Day, 1845.
(b) Independence Day, 1845.
(c) Christmas Day, 1846.
(d) Memorial Day, 1847.
5. What bird does Thoreau contemplate keeping merely for his music?
(a) A canary.
(b) A rooster.
(c) A screech owl.
(d) A crow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the morning?
2. What was the name of the family Thoreau bought a farm from and then returned the ownership to them?
3. "I have never found the companion that was so companionable as..."
4. What frequently notifies Thoreau of a passing traveler along the highway?
5. What is Thoreau's shelter at Walden Pond?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)