|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Thoreau believe intellectual societies are confined?
(a) New York.
(c) Paris and Oxford.
(d) Literary circles.
2. In what does Thoreau claim to have indulged very little?
3. What American institution does Thoreau state he could do without?
(a) The Post Office.
(b) The Government.
(c) The Railway.
(d) The Church.
4. On what pond does Thoreau live on the shore?
(a) Concord Pond.
(b) Walden Pond.
(c) Catfish Pond.
(d) Wiltshire Pond.
5. What is Thoreau's shelter at Walden Pond?
(a) An abandoned shanty.
(b) A small house.
(c) A cave.
(d) A tent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what do the smells from the train remind Thoreau?
2. What did Thoreau imagine doing?
3. "I wanted to live deeply and..."
4. What was the name of the family Thoreau bought a farm from and then returned the ownership to them?
5. Thoreau states his residence at Walden was more favorable to thought and serious reading than what institution?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)