|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what pond does Thoreau live on the shore?
(a) Walden Pond.
(b) Catfish Pond.
(c) Wiltshire Pond.
(d) Concord Pond.
2. What bird does Thoreau contemplate keeping merely for his music?
(a) A screech owl.
(b) A crow.
(c) A canary.
(d) A rooster.
3. What does Thoreau state was a pleasant pastime?
(a) Visiting friends.
(c) The theater.
(d) Listening to music.
4. What are the necessities of life?
(a) Food, shelter, land, and freedom.
(b) Food, shelter, clothing, and fuel.
(c) Food, shelter, clothing, and sunlight.
(d) Love, happiness, family, and religion.
5. What is Thoreau's net income from his farm?
Short Answer Questions
1. What American institution does Thoreau state he could do without?
2. What does Thoreau sometimes hear on Sundays?
3. "Be it life or death, we crave only..."
4. What attracted Thoreau to the farm?
5. What does one Concord Trader use as a sign for his store?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)