|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what purpose does Thoreau believe most men have learned to read?
2. What does Thoreau sometimes hear on Sundays?
(a) Organ music.
(b) Choirs singing.
(c) Church bells.
(d) Families walking in the forest.
3. In what does Thoreau claim to have indulged very little?
4. "I go and come with a strange... in Nature."
5. How long does Thoreau live at Walden Pond?
(a) Two years and two months.
(b) One year.
(c) Three years and six months.
(d) Six months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What plant grows at the edge of the path near the end of May?
2. What did Thoreau do early in the morning?
3. "I believe that men are generally still a little afraid of..."
4. Thoreau states his residence at Walden was more favorable to thought and serious reading than what institution?
5. When did Thoreau begin to live in the woods?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)