|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Thoreau states his residence at Walden was more favorable to thought and serious reading than what institution?
(a) A university.
(b) A think tank.
(c) A library.
(d) A seminary.
2. On what pond does Thoreau live on the shore?
(a) Walden Pond.
(b) Concord Pond.
(c) Wiltshire Pond.
(d) Catfish Pond.
3. "I have never found the companion that was so companionable as..."
(a) A book.
4. How close is Thoreau's nearest neighbor?
(a) Two miles.
(b) Three miles.
(c) One mile.
(d) Half a mile.
5. What animal does Thoreau kill and eat after it ravages his bean-field?
(a) A squirrel.
(b) A raccoon.
(c) A woodchuck.
(d) A rabbit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thoreau sometimes hear on Sundays?
2. "Be it life or death, we crave only..."
3. In what does Thoreau claim to have indulged very little?
4. What birds does Thoreau hear regularly during the summer at 7:30pm?
5. "We are underbred and low-lived and..."
This section contains 163 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)