|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thoreau sometimes hear on Sundays?
(a) Church bells.
(b) Choirs singing.
(c) Organ music.
(d) Families walking in the forest.
2. What does Thoreau claim is the cure for his ailments?
(b) Morning air.
3. "I have never found the companion that was so companionable as..."
(c) A book.
4. What frequently notifies Thoreau of a passing traveler along the highway?
(a) The sound of laughter.
(b) Flashing lights.
(c) The smell of a pipe.
(d) Footprints and broken tree branches.
5. "We are underbred and low-lived and..."
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Thoreau's shelter at Walden Pond?
2. What was the name of the family Thoreau bought a farm from and then returned the ownership to them?
3. What does Thoreau state was a pleasant pastime?
4. What American institution does Thoreau state he could do without?
5. "As long as possible live free and..."
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)