|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which animal is one of "Nature's Watchmen"?
2. What does Thoreau claim is the cure for his ailments?
(a) Morning air.
3. What bird does Thoreau contemplate keeping merely for his music?
(a) A crow.
(b) A rooster.
(c) A screech owl.
(d) A canary.
4. For what purpose does Thoreau believe most men have learned to read?
5. What birds does Thoreau hear regularly during the summer at 7:30pm?
Short Answer Questions
1. "We are underbred and low-lived and..."
2. What does Thoreau hear in the evening?
3. What man-made device can Thoreau hear from his window?
4. "As long as possible live free and..."
5. Of what do the smells from the train remind Thoreau?
This section contains 156 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)