|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "I believe that men are generally still a little afraid of..."
(a) Their imaginations.
(c) The devil.
(d) The dark.
2. Where does Thoreau believe intellectual societies are confined?
(a) New York.
(b) Paris and Oxford.
(d) Literary circles.
3. What plant grows at the edge of the path near the end of May?
(c) The sand cherry.
4. What does Thoreau claim is the cure for his ailments?
(a) Morning air.
5. Thoreau calls the train an "iron..."
Short Answer Questions
1. When Thoreau began living in the woods, his "house was not finished, but was merely a defense against the..."
2. What is the morning?
3. What was the name of the family Thoreau bought a farm from and then returned the ownership to them?
4. What does Thoreau sometimes hear on Sundays?
5. "In dealing with truth we are..."
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)