|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which animal is one of "Nature's Watchmen"?
2. Where is Walden Pond located?
(a) Keswick, England.
(b) Albany, New York.
(c) Concord, Massachusetts.
(d) Portland, Oregon.
3. Who exerted an influence on mankind more than kings and emperors?
4. Of what do the smells from the train remind Thoreau?
(a) Other parts of the world.
(b) Big city life.
(c) The destruction of nature.
(d) His childhood.
5. Who carried the Iliad with him on his expeditions?
(c) Edmund Hillary.
(d) Captain James Cook.
Short Answer Questions
1. What bird does Thoreau contemplate keeping merely for his music?
2. "I believe that men are generally still a little afraid of..."
3. "The adventurous student will always study..."
4. In what does Thoreau claim to have indulged very little?
5. What book does Thoreau keep on his table throughout the summer?
This section contains 162 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)