|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who exerted an influence on mankind more than kings and emperors?
2. What does Thoreau sometimes hear on Sundays?
(a) Choirs singing.
(b) Families walking in the forest.
(c) Church bells.
(d) Organ music.
3. What does Thoreau follow all the way into town?
(a) A river.
(b) Road signs.
(c) A wooded path.
(d) The railroad.
4. "The swiftest traveler is he that goes..."
(a) By Train.
(b) By Horse.
(d) As the crow flies.
5. What does Thoreau state was a pleasant pastime?
(b) Listening to music.
(c) Visiting friends.
(d) The theater.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gets struck by lighting during a heavy thunder-shower?
2. What does Thoreau claim is the cure for his ailments?
3. Thoreau calls the train an "iron..."
4. Which animal is one of "Nature's Watchmen"?
5. How long does Thoreau live at Walden Pond?
This section contains 160 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)