|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Thoreau states his residence at Walden was more favorable to thought and serious reading than what institution?
(a) A library.
(b) A university.
(c) A think tank.
(d) A seminary.
2. Which animal is one of "Nature's Watchmen"?
3. What does Thoreau claim is the cure for his ailments?
(c) Morning air.
4. What did Thoreau do early in the morning?
(a) Gathered food from his garden.
(b) Went for a walk.
(c) Bathed in the pond.
(d) Read a book.
5. "I go and come with a strange... in Nature."
Short Answer Questions
1. "As long as possible live free and..."
2. Who is never alone?
3. "The mass of men lead lives of quiet..."
4. What was the name of the family Thoreau bought a farm from and then returned the ownership to them?
5. What did Thoreau imagine doing?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)