|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "I go and come with a strange... in Nature."
2. Where is Walden Pond located?
(a) Portland, Oregon.
(b) Albany, New York.
(c) Concord, Massachusetts.
(d) Keswick, England.
3. What does Thoreau follow all the way into town?
(a) Road signs.
(b) A river.
(c) A wooded path.
(d) The railroad.
4. "The swiftest traveler is he that goes..."
(b) By Train.
(c) As the crow flies.
(d) By Horse.
5. How long does Thoreau live at Walden Pond?
(a) Three years and six months.
(b) Two years and two months.
(c) Six months.
(d) One year.
Short Answer Questions
1. What American institution does Thoreau state he could do without?
2. What did Thoreau do during his first summer at Walden Pond?
3. What does one Concord Trader use as a sign for his store?
4. For what purpose does Thoreau believe most men have learned to read?
5. What is Thoreau's shelter at Walden Pond?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)