|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Thoreau believe intellectual societies are confined?
(a) New York.
(b) Literary circles.
(d) Paris and Oxford.
2. Where is Walden Pond located?
(a) Portland, Oregon.
(b) Albany, New York.
(c) Concord, Massachusetts.
(d) Keswick, England.
3. What vegetable does Thoreau plant on most of his 2 1/2 acres?
4. "I wanted to live deeply and..."
(a) Like each day was my last.
(b) Suck out all the marrow if life.
(c) Experience everything the world offered.
(d) To the fullest.
5. What bird does Thoreau contemplate keeping merely for his music?
(a) A canary.
(b) A crow.
(c) A rooster.
(d) A screech owl.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the necessities of life?
2. What American institution does Thoreau state he could do without?
3. "I have never found the companion that was so companionable as..."
4. What does Thoreau hear in the evening?
5. In what does Thoreau claim to have indulged very little?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)