|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thoreau sometimes hear on Sundays?
(a) Families walking in the forest.
(b) Choirs singing.
(c) Church bells.
(d) Organ music.
2. What is Thoreau's net income from his farm?
3. Why does the Canadian woodchopper read the French paper?
(a) For the news.
(b) For the pictures.
(c) To show off to his neighbors.
(d) For practice.
4. Who carried the Iliad with him on his expeditions?
(a) Captain James Cook.
(d) Edmund Hillary.
5. How long does Thoreau live at Walden Pond?
(a) Six months.
(b) Two years and two months.
(c) One year.
(d) Three years and six months.
Short Answer Questions
1. "I have never found the companion that was so companionable as..."
2. How close is Thoreau's nearest neighbor?
3. On what pond does Thoreau live on the shore?
4. Who exerted an influence on mankind more than kings and emperors?
5. "The mass of men lead lives of quiet..."
This section contains 162 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)