Quiz: Chapter 1 to Chapter 5
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
Directions: Circle the correct answer.
1. What does Thoreau sometimes hear on Sundays?
a) Choirs singing.
b) Church bells.
c) Families walking in the forest.
d) Organ music.
2. Of what do the smells from the train remind Thoreau?
a) Other parts of the world.
b) Big city life.
c) His childhood.
d) The destruction of nature.
3. Who carried the Iliad with him on his expeditions?
b) Captain James Cook.
c) Edmund Hillary.
4. What plant grows at the edge of the path near the end of May?
b) The sand cherry.
5. "The swiftest traveler is he that goes..."
a) By Train.
b) As the crow flies.
This section contains 244 words|
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)