|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to tales, who planted the beech grove?
(a) A wandering minstrel.
2. What plant grows at the edge of the path near the end of May?
(d) The sand cherry.
3. What does Thoreau state was a pleasant pastime?
(a) Visiting friends.
(b) Listening to music.
(c) The theater.
4. What does Thoreau usually carry back to Walden Pond from the village?
(a) A bag of rye.
(b) A light heart.
(c) A new book.
(d) A loaf of bread.
5. What is the name of the Plymouth Colony governor who wasn't fed by the king of the tribe he visited?
Short Answer Questions
1. What animals ate out of the hands of the woodsman?
2. What was the name of the family Thoreau bought a farm from and then returned the ownership to them?
3. Thoreau feels it isn't important to provide this for his visitors.
4. Thoreau states that fewer people came to see him at Walden Pond on...
5. What bird does Thoreau contemplate keeping merely for his music?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)