|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to tales, who planted the beech grove?
(b) A wandering minstrel.
2. What man-made device can Thoreau hear from his window?
(a) Horse-pulled wagon.
(b) Railroad cars.
(d) Lumber mill whistle.
3. What kind of tree is two feet in diameter?
(a) Green oak.
(c) Yellow ash.
(d) Black birch.
4. "Objects of charity are not..."
5. What does Thoreau say he chanced upon one day?
(a) The end of a rainbow.
(b) Buried treasure.
(c) A family of deer.
(d) An eclipse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who or what does Thoreau visit?
2. What animals were inside the shelter with the Field family?
3. Why is Thoreau put in jail?
4. What does Thoreau sometimes hear on Sundays?
5. What does one Concord Trader use as a sign for his store?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)