|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Thoreau do during his first summer at Walden Pond?
(a) Hoed beans.
(b) Wrote a book.
(c) Read Books.
(d) Studied Philosophy.
2. What did Thoreau imagine doing?
(a) Living off the land.
(b) Writing a book.
(c) Buying a farm.
(d) Building a house.
3. "Objects of charity are not..."
4. What was Thoreau doing in the village when he was arrested?
(a) Buying a newspaper.
(b) Picking up a shoe from the cobbler's.
(c) Having a drink at the bar-room.
(d) Selling beans.
5. What is the morning?
(a) The awakening hour.
(b) A time for poets.
(c) A spritual moment.
(d) A time for reflection.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who or what does Thoreau visit?
2. What do Thoreau's guests often do when they leave after dark?
3. Of what do the smells from the train remind Thoreau?
4. What was the name of the family Thoreau bought a farm from and then returned the ownership to them?
5. What word doesn't Thoreau use to describe John Field?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)