|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what do Thoreau's visitors often ask him?
(a) A glass of water.
(c) A cup of coffee.
(d) A meal.
2. What does Thoreau usually do after hoeing?
(a) Talks to his neighbor.
(b) Rests in the shade.
(c) Goes for a walk.
(d) Swims in the pond.
3. What does Thoreau state was a pleasant pastime?
(a) The theater.
(c) Listening to music.
(d) Visiting friends.
4. What kind of tree is two feet in diameter?
(a) Green oak.
(c) Yellow ash.
(d) Black birch.
5. What does Thoreau follow all the way into town?
(a) The railroad.
(b) A wooded path.
(c) Road signs.
(d) A river.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thoreau sometimes hear on Sundays?
2. Who does Thoreau help toward the north star?
3. Thoreau feels it isn't important to provide this for his visitors.
4. How long does Thoreau stay in jail?
5. What did Thoreau do during his first summer at Walden Pond?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)