|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thoreau follow all the way into town?
(a) Road signs.
(b) A river.
(c) The railroad.
(d) A wooded path.
2. "Be it life or death, we crave only..."
3. What did Thoreau do during his first summer at Walden Pond?
(a) Hoed beans.
(b) Studied Philosophy.
(c) Read Books.
(d) Wrote a book.
4. What does Thoreau say he chanced upon one day?
(a) An eclipse.
(b) A family of deer.
(c) Buried treasure.
(d) The end of a rainbow.
5. What attracted Thoreau to the farm?
(a) The landscape.
(b) The house.
(c) Its crop production.
(d) Its remoteness.
Short Answer Questions
1. "The village appeared to me a great..."
2. What man-made device can Thoreau hear from his window?
3. What was Thoreau doing in the village when he was arrested?
4. When Thoreau began living in the woods, his "house was not finished, but was merely a defense against the..."
5. What did Thoreau do early in the morning?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)