|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the family Thoreau bought a farm from and then returned the ownership to them?
2. What birds does Thoreau hear regularly during the summer at 7:30pm?
3. Who or what does Thoreau visit?
4. How often does Thoreau go to the village?
(a) Once a month.
(b) Every day or two.
(c) Once a week.
5. What man-made device can Thoreau hear from his window?
(a) Lumber mill whistle.
(c) Horse-pulled wagon.
(d) Railroad cars.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Thoreau meet when taking shelter from a thunder storm?
2. What writer does the French Canadian Woodsman love?
3. What does Thoreau sometimes hear on Sundays?
4. "The village appeared to me a great..."
5. What does Thoreau hope will happen if John Field reads his book?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)