|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What American institution does Thoreau state he could do without?
(a) The Post Office.
(b) The Church.
(c) The Railway.
(d) The Government.
2. Thoreau speaks of visitors from what charitable institution?
(a) The Salvation Army.
(b) The church.
(c) The almshouse.
(d) The hospital.
3. What did Thoreau do early in the morning?
(a) Gathered food from his garden.
(b) Bathed in the pond.
(c) Went for a walk.
(d) Read a book.
4. "Be it life or death, we crave only..."
5. "Objects of charity are not..."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thoreau sometimes hear on Sundays?
2. "Remember thy Creator in the days of thy..."
3. What did Thoreau imagine doing?
4. What does Thoreau usually do after hoeing?
5. What is the name of the Plymouth Colony governor who wasn't fed by the king of the tribe he visited?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)