|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of tree is two feet in diameter?
(a) Yellow ash.
(c) Green oak.
(d) Black birch.
2. When did Thoreau begin to live in the woods?
(a) Memorial Day, 1847.
(b) Christmas Day, 1846.
(c) Martin Luther King Day, 1845.
(d) Independence Day, 1845.
3. What does Thoreau follow all the way into town?
(a) Road signs.
(b) The railroad.
(c) A river.
(d) A wooded path.
4. What does Thoreau say he chanced upon one day?
(a) A family of deer.
(b) Buried treasure.
(c) The end of a rainbow.
(d) An eclipse.
5. "I wanted to live deeply and..."
(a) Suck out all the marrow if life.
(b) To the fullest.
(c) Like each day was my last.
(d) Experience everything the world offered.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Thoreau began living in the woods, his "house was not finished, but was merely a defense against the..."
2. What did Thoreau imagine doing?
3. What did Thoreau do early in the morning?
4. "I am convinced, that if all men were to live as simply as I then did, ... would be unknown."
5. What item does Thoreau discover missing?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)