|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Thoreau put in jail?
(a) For failing to pay a tax.
(b) For writing a controversial article.
(c) For not returning library books.
(d) For stealing.
2. Thoreau calls the train an "iron..."
3. What bird does Thoreau contemplate keeping merely for his music?
(a) A rooster.
(b) A canary.
(c) A crow.
(d) A screech owl.
4. How often does Thoreau go to the village?
(a) Once a month.
(b) Once a week.
(c) Every day or two.
5. What does Thoreau hope will happen if John Field reads his book?
(a) He will improve himself.
(b) He will move to a different town.
(c) He will learn how to fish.
(d) He will come over for dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Thoreau stay in jail?
2. Thoreau states that fewer people came to see him at Walden Pond on...
3. "Be it life or death, we crave only..."
4. What do Thoreau's guests often do when they leave after dark?
5. What birds does Thoreau hear regularly during the summer at 7:30pm?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)