|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What American institution does Thoreau state he could do without?
(a) The Post Office.
(b) The Railway.
(c) The Government.
(d) The Church.
2. What does Thoreau state was a pleasant pastime?
(a) The theater.
(b) Visiting friends.
(d) Listening to music.
3. What does Thoreau usually carry back to Walden Pond from the village?
(a) A loaf of bread.
(b) A bag of rye.
(c) A new book.
(d) A light heart.
4. What bird does Thoreau contemplate keeping merely for his music?
(a) A crow.
(b) A rooster.
(c) A screech owl.
(d) A canary.
5. "I wanted to live deeply and..."
(a) Like each day was my last.
(b) To the fullest.
(c) Suck out all the marrow if life.
(d) Experience everything the world offered.
Short Answer Questions
1. Thoreau states that fewer people came to see him at Walden Pond on...
2. "Remember thy Creator in the days of thy..."
3. "I am convinced, that if all men were to live as simply as I then did, ... would be unknown."
4. What kind of tree is two feet in diameter?
5. "Be it life or death, we crave only..."
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)