|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What man-made device can Thoreau hear from his window?
(a) Railroad cars.
(c) Lumber mill whistle.
(d) Horse-pulled wagon.
2. Thoreau feels it isn't important to provide this for his visitors.
(a) A place to sit.
3. "Be it life or death, we crave only..."
4. When did Thoreau begin to live in the woods?
(a) Memorial Day, 1847.
(b) Independence Day, 1845.
(c) Martin Luther King Day, 1845.
(d) Christmas Day, 1846.
5. What animals ate out of the hands of the woodsman?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thoreau hope will happen if John Field reads his book?
2. According to tales, who planted the beech grove?
3. Which building is NOT listed by Thoreau as a vital building in the village?
4. When Thoreau began living in the woods, his "house was not finished, but was merely a defense against the..."
5. What animals were inside the shelter with the Field family?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)