|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Thoreau doing in the village when he was arrested?
(a) Selling beans.
(b) Buying a newspaper.
(c) Picking up a shoe from the cobbler's.
(d) Having a drink at the bar-room.
2. What does Thoreau hear in the evening?
(a) Goats bleating.
(b) Birds singing.
(c) The wind in the trees.
(d) Cows lowing.
3. How does Thoreau often find his way home in the dark?
(a) He uses a torch.
(b) He ties a rope along the path.
(c) He uses a walking stick.
(d) He looks up at the opening between the trees above the path.
4. What item does Thoreau discover missing?
(a) His fountain pen.
(b) His hoe.
(c) A volume of Homer.
(d) His flint.
5. Where is John Field from?
(c) French Canada.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thoreau like to have between himself and a conversation partner?
2. Who does Thoreau meet when taking shelter from a thunder storm?
3. What does Thoreau hope will happen if John Field reads his book?
4. What animals ate out of the hands of the woodsman?
5. Thoreau feels it isn't important to provide this for his visitors.
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)