|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word doesn't Thoreau use to describe John Field?
2. "As long as possible live free and..."
3. Thoreau states that fewer people came to see him at Walden Pond on...
(a) False Pretenses.
(b) Charity Work.
(c) Religious Missions.
(d) Trivial business.
4. What man-made device can Thoreau hear from his window?
(a) Horse-pulled wagon.
(c) Railroad cars.
(d) Lumber mill whistle.
5. When Thoreau began living in the woods, his "house was not finished, but was merely a defense against the..."
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Thoreau's guests often do when they leave after dark?
2. What does Thoreau say he chanced upon one day?
3. What is the morning?
4. Which building is NOT listed by Thoreau as a vital building in the village?
5. What does Thoreau hear in the evening?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)