|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Thoreau stay in jail?
(a) One week.
(b) A month.
(c) One day.
(d) Three weeks.
2. What does Thoreau follow all the way into town?
(a) A river.
(b) A wooded path.
(c) The railroad.
(d) Road signs.
3. What should we come home with after adventures?
(a) Experience and character.
(b) Wisdom and direction.
(c) Knowledge and confidence.
(d) Money and wealth.
4. For what do Thoreau's visitors often ask him?
(a) A meal.
(b) A glass of water.
(c) A cup of coffee.
5. How often does Thoreau go to the village?
(a) Once a week.
(b) Every day or two.
(c) Once a month.
Short Answer Questions
1. What writer does the French Canadian Woodsman love?
2. What bird does Thoreau contemplate keeping merely for his music?
3. Who or what does Thoreau visit?
4. What attracted Thoreau to the farm?
5. "Objects of charity are not..."
This section contains 156 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)