|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thoreau usually do after hoeing?
(a) Goes for a walk.
(b) Rests in the shade.
(c) Talks to his neighbor.
(d) Swims in the pond.
2. "The village appeared to me a great..."
(b) News room.
3. What writer does the French Canadian Woodsman love?
4. Which building is NOT listed by Thoreau as a vital building in the village?
(b) Post Office.
5. What was Thoreau doing in the village when he was arrested?
(a) Picking up a shoe from the cobbler's.
(b) Having a drink at the bar-room.
(c) Buying a newspaper.
(d) Selling beans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What man-made device can Thoreau hear from his window?
2. What animals were inside the shelter with the Field family?
3. What does Thoreau sometimes hear on Sundays?
4. What kind of tree is two feet in diameter?
5. "Objects of charity are not..."
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)