|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Thoreau doing in the village when he was arrested?
(a) Selling beans.
(b) Picking up a shoe from the cobbler's.
(c) Having a drink at the bar-room.
(d) Buying a newspaper.
2. "Objects of charity are not..."
3. When did Thoreau begin to live in the woods?
(a) Independence Day, 1845.
(b) Christmas Day, 1846.
(c) Memorial Day, 1847.
(d) Martin Luther King Day, 1845.
4. What did Thoreau imagine doing?
(a) Writing a book.
(b) Buying a farm.
(c) Building a house.
(d) Living off the land.
5. What word doesn't Thoreau use to describe John Field?
Short Answer Questions
1. What should we come home with after adventures?
2. How long does Thoreau stay in jail?
3. What does Thoreau hear in the evening?
4. What does Thoreau sometimes hear on Sundays?
5. How many chairs does Thoreau have in his house?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)