|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the morning?
(a) A time for reflection.
(b) A time for poets.
(c) The awakening hour.
(d) A spritual moment.
2. What does Thoreau usually do after hoeing?
(a) Swims in the pond.
(b) Rests in the shade.
(c) Goes for a walk.
(d) Talks to his neighbor.
3. Thoreau feels it isn't important to provide this for his visitors.
(b) A place to sit.
4. "Objects of charity are not..."
5. What plant grows at the edge of the path near the end of May?
(d) The sand cherry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thoreau state was a pleasant pastime?
2. What is the name of the Plymouth Colony governor who wasn't fed by the king of the tribe he visited?
3. What did Thoreau imagine doing?
4. What bird does Thoreau contemplate keeping merely for his music?
5. According to tales, who planted the beech grove?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)