|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of tree is two feet in diameter?
(a) Green oak.
(b) Black birch.
(d) Yellow ash.
2. Thoreau calls the train an "iron..."
3. How many chairs does Thoreau have in his house?
4. "Objects of charity are not..."
5. What American institution does Thoreau state he could do without?
(a) The Government.
(b) The Church.
(c) The Railway.
(d) The Post Office.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thoreau follow all the way into town?
2. What is the name of the Plymouth Colony governor who wasn't fed by the king of the tribe he visited?
3. What word doesn't Thoreau use to describe John Field?
4. "Be it life or death, we crave only..."
5. What does Thoreau state was a pleasant pastime?
This section contains 150 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)