|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Thoreau begin to live in the woods?
(a) Independence Day, 1845.
(b) Memorial Day, 1847.
(c) Christmas Day, 1846.
(d) Martin Luther King Day, 1845.
2. What does Thoreau usually do after hoeing?
(a) Goes for a walk.
(b) Swims in the pond.
(c) Rests in the shade.
(d) Talks to his neighbor.
3. What was Thoreau doing in the village when he was arrested?
(a) Selling beans.
(b) Buying a newspaper.
(c) Having a drink at the bar-room.
(d) Picking up a shoe from the cobbler's.
4. What is the morning?
(a) A time for reflection.
(b) The awakening hour.
(c) A spritual moment.
(d) A time for poets.
5. Who does Thoreau help toward the north star?
(a) A woodsman.
(b) A railroad employee.
(c) A runaway slave.
(d) A farmer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animals ate out of the hands of the woodsman?
2. Who does Thoreau meet when taking shelter from a thunder storm?
3. How long does Thoreau stay in jail?
4. What plant grows at the edge of the path near the end of May?
5. What birds does Thoreau hear regularly during the summer at 7:30pm?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)