|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animals were inside the shelter with the Field family?
2. What word doesn't Thoreau use to describe John Field?
3. Why is Thoreau put in jail?
(a) For not returning library books.
(b) For writing a controversial article.
(c) For failing to pay a tax.
(d) For stealing.
4. What American institution does Thoreau state he could do without?
(a) The Church.
(b) The Government.
(c) The Post Office.
(d) The Railway.
5. Thoreau states that fewer people came to see him at Walden Pond on...
(a) Religious Missions.
(b) Trivial business.
(c) False Pretenses.
(d) Charity Work.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what do the smells from the train remind Thoreau?
2. What plant grows at the edge of the path near the end of May?
3. What does Thoreau usually do after hoeing?
4. "As long as possible live free and..."
5. What does Thoreau like to have between himself and a conversation partner?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)