|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of fish is most abundant in Walden Pond?
2. Some of Thoreau's pleasantest hours are spent during this kind of weather:
(a) Sun showers.
3. Thoreau hates the name of what local pond ?
(a) Mill Pond.
(b) White Pond.
(c) Fish Pond.
(d) Flint's Pond.
4. Who is never alone?
(a) The devil.
(b) A hermit.
(c) An angel.
(d) A writer.
5. What frequently notifies Thoreau of a passing traveler along the highway?
(a) Footprints and broken tree branches.
(b) Flashing lights.
(c) The smell of a pipe.
(d) The sound of laughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which bird does Thoreau doubt has ever profaned Walden Pond?
2. What happened to Breed's hut?
3. Who came the farthest to visit Thoreau in the winter?
4. What winter bird does Thoreau amuse himself by watching?
5. Which animal is one of "Nature's Watchmen"?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)