|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thoreau do to pass the time on winter evenings?
(a) He whittles.
(b) He reads.
(c) He dreams.
(d) He writes.
2. What does Thoreau claim is the cure for his ailments?
(c) Morning air.
3. Which animal is one of "Nature's Watchmen"?
4. What kind of fish is most abundant in Walden Pond?
5. For what does Thoreau feel sympathy?
(a) Tree leaves.
(b) Prowling animals.
(c) Withering flowers.
(d) Singing birds.
Short Answer Questions
1. "I believe that men are generally still a little afraid of..."
2. What does Thoreau frequently do on warm evenings?
3. "Walden is a perfect forest mirror" in which season?
4. What fruit never reaches Boston?
5. What happened to Breed's hut?
This section contains 161 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)