|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What winter bird does Thoreau amuse himself by watching?
(a) A blue jay.
(b) A barred owl.
(c) A cardinal.
(d) A chickadee.
2. What kind of fish is most abundant in Walden Pond?
3. What frequently notifies Thoreau of a passing traveler along the highway?
(a) The smell of a pipe.
(b) Flashing lights.
(c) Footprints and broken tree branches.
(d) The sound of laughter.
4. According to legend, after whom was Walden Pond named?
(a) An old Indian woman.
(b) A hunter.
(c) The original owner of the property.
(d) A town official.
5. What gets struck by lighting during a heavy thunder-shower?
(a) The bean field.
(b) Thoreau's shelter.
(c) A pine tree.
(d) Walden Pond.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Breed's hut?
2. "I have never found the companion that was so companionable as..."
3. "Walden is a perfect forest mirror" in which season?
4. What does Thoreau do to pass the time on winter evenings?
5. Thoreau hates the name of what local pond ?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)