|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to legend, after whom was Walden Pond named?
(a) An old Indian woman.
(b) A town official.
(c) The original owner of the property.
(d) A hunter.
2. Thoreau hates the name of what local pond ?
(a) Flint's Pond.
(b) White Pond.
(c) Mill Pond.
(d) Fish Pond.
3. "Walden is a perfect forest mirror" in which season?
4. "I go and come with a strange... in Nature."
5. Who came the farthest to visit Thoreau in the winter?
(a) A poet.
(b) A hunter.
(c) A reporter.
(d) A farmer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thoreau claim is the cure for his ailments?
2. What fruit never reaches Boston?
3. What does Thoreau frequently do on warm evenings?
4. "I believe that men are generally still a little afraid of..."
5. What kind of bird does an old man tell Thoreau used to frequent the pond?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)