|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was it rumored that Col. Quoil had been a soldier?
(b) Hong Kong.
(c) New Orleans.
(d) Upper Canada.
2. What does Thoreau claim is the cure for his ailments?
(a) Morning air.
3. Who came the farthest to visit Thoreau in the winter?
(a) A poet.
(b) A reporter.
(c) A hunter.
(d) A farmer.
4. According to legend, after whom was Walden Pond named?
(a) A town official.
(b) The original owner of the property.
(c) An old Indian woman.
(d) A hunter.
5. What does Thoreau see in the clear water of the pond one November day?
(a) A large turtle.
(b) A muskrat family.
(c) A heron.
(d) A school of perch.
Short Answer Questions
1. "I go and come with a strange... in Nature."
2. Who is never alone?
3. Which animal is one of "Nature's Watchmen"?
4. What fruit never reaches Boston?
5. What does Thoreau frequently do on warm evenings?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)