|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thoreau see in the clear water of the pond one November day?
(a) A large turtle.
(b) A school of perch.
(c) A heron.
(d) A muskrat family.
2. "I have never found the companion that was so companionable as..."
(b) A book.
3. What happened to Walden Pond between his childhood and the time he moved there?
(a) The spring dried up.
(b) The fish were depopulated.
(c) The trees on the shores were cut down.
(d) A family of muskrats moved in.
4. What frequently notifies Thoreau of a passing traveler along the highway?
(a) Flashing lights.
(b) Footprints and broken tree branches.
(c) The sound of laughter.
(d) The smell of a pipe.
5. What gets struck by lighting during a heavy thunder-shower?
(a) Walden Pond.
(b) A pine tree.
(c) Thoreau's shelter.
(d) The bean field.
Short Answer Questions
1. Thoreau hates the name of what local pond ?
2. What does Thoreau claim is the cure for his ailments?
3. Who came the farthest to visit Thoreau in the winter?
4. "I believe that men are generally still a little afraid of..."
5. How close is Thoreau's nearest neighbor?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)