|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of fish does Thoreau try to catch in the winter?
2. What gets struck by lighting during a heavy thunder-shower?
(a) The bean field.
(b) A pine tree.
(c) Walden Pond.
(d) Thoreau's shelter.
3. What happened to a settler's family in Sutton in 1717?
(a) They couldn't pay their taxes and were forced to move.
(b) They were forced off their land by a flood.
(c) Their cottage was completely buried in snow.
(d) Their house burned down.
4. According to legend, after whom was Walden Pond named?
(a) A town official.
(b) A hunter.
(c) An old Indian woman.
(d) The original owner of the property.
5. What happened to Walden Pond between his childhood and the time he moved there?
(a) The fish were depopulated.
(b) A family of muskrats moved in.
(c) The trees on the shores were cut down.
(d) The spring dried up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal's sound ushers in the night?
2. Who is never alone?
3. "Walden is a perfect forest mirror" in which season?
4. "Nature has no human inhabitant who..."
5. What does Thoreau do to pass the time on winter evenings?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)