|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who came the farthest to visit Thoreau in the winter?
(a) A poet.
(b) A reporter.
(c) A hunter.
(d) A farmer.
2. What happened to Breed's hut?
(a) It was abandoned.
(b) It burned down.
(c) It was used as a wood shed.
(d) A family of birds nested there.
3. What happened to a settler's family in Sutton in 1717?
(a) They couldn't pay their taxes and were forced to move.
(b) Their house burned down.
(c) They were forced off their land by a flood.
(d) Their cottage was completely buried in snow.
4. How close is Thoreau's nearest neighbor?
(a) Half a mile.
(b) Three miles.
(c) Two miles.
(d) One mile.
5. What does Thoreau see in the clear water of the pond one November day?
(a) A muskrat family.
(b) A school of perch.
(c) A large turtle.
(d) A heron.
Short Answer Questions
1. Thoreau hates the name of what local pond ?
2. "I believe that men are generally still a little afraid of..."
3. Some of Thoreau's pleasantest hours are spent during this kind of weather:
4. Which bird does Thoreau doubt has ever profaned Walden Pond?
5. What happened to Walden Pond between his childhood and the time he moved there?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)