|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Thoreau feel sympathy?
(a) Prowling animals.
(b) Singing birds.
(c) Withering flowers.
(d) Tree leaves.
2. What animal's sound ushers in the night?
(a) The bullfrog's trump.
(b) The hawk's scream.
(c) The coyote's yelp.
(d) The whip-poor-will's cry.
3. "I believe that men are generally still a little afraid of..."
(a) The dark.
(b) The devil.
(d) Their imaginations.
4. What does Thoreau see in the clear water of the pond one November day?
(a) A heron.
(b) A school of perch.
(c) A muskrat family.
(d) A large turtle.
5. What does Thoreau frequently do on warm evenings?
(a) Goes for a walk.
(b) Star gazes.
(c) Fishes on the pond.
(d) Plays the flute in his boat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of fish is most abundant in Walden Pond?
2. What does Thoreau claim is the cure for his ailments?
3. According to legend, after whom was Walden Pond named?
4. "I go and come with a strange... in Nature."
5. What happened to Breed's hut?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)