|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is never alone?
(a) An angel.
(b) A hermit.
(c) The devil.
(d) A writer.
2. Which bird does Thoreau doubt has ever profaned Walden Pond?
(a) A sparrow.
(b) A finch.
(c) A pigeon.
(d) A seagull.
3. What kind of fish does Thoreau try to catch in the winter?
4. What happened to Breed's hut?
(a) It burned down.
(b) It was used as a wood shed.
(c) It was abandoned.
(d) A family of birds nested there.
5. What kind of bird does an old man tell Thoreau used to frequent the pond?
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal's sound ushers in the night?
2. Thoreau hates the name of what local pond ?
3. Where was it rumored that Col. Quoil had been a soldier?
4. What frequently notifies Thoreau of a passing traveler along the highway?
5. Which animal is one of "Nature's Watchmen"?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)