|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "I go and come with a strange... in Nature."
2. Who came the farthest to visit Thoreau in the winter?
(a) A reporter.
(b) A farmer.
(c) A hunter.
(d) A poet.
3. What kind of bird does an old man tell Thoreau used to frequent the pond?
4. How close is Thoreau's nearest neighbor?
(a) Two miles.
(b) Half a mile.
(c) One mile.
(d) Three miles.
5. What winter bird does Thoreau amuse himself by watching?
(a) A cardinal.
(b) A chickadee.
(c) A blue jay.
(d) A barred owl.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thoreau claim is the cure for his ailments?
2. What does Thoreau see in the clear water of the pond one November day?
3. What does Thoreau frequently do on warm evenings?
4. Who is never alone?
5. What fruit never reaches Boston?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)