|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thoreau claim is the cure for his ailments?
(a) Morning air.
2. What winter bird does Thoreau amuse himself by watching?
(a) A blue jay.
(b) A cardinal.
(c) A barred owl.
(d) A chickadee.
3. "I believe that men are generally still a little afraid of..."
(a) Their imaginations.
(c) The dark.
(d) The devil.
4. What kind of fish does Thoreau try to catch in the winter?
5. Which animal is one of "Nature's Watchmen"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who came the farthest to visit Thoreau in the winter?
2. For what does Thoreau feel sympathy?
3. What happened to a settler's family in Sutton in 1717?
4. What kind of bird does an old man tell Thoreau used to frequent the pond?
5. What happened to Walden Pond between his childhood and the time he moved there?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)