|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gets struck by lighting during a heavy thunder-shower?
(a) Thoreau's shelter.
(b) The bean field.
(c) Walden Pond.
(d) A pine tree.
2. Which bird does Thoreau doubt has ever profaned Walden Pond?
(a) A sparrow.
(b) A seagull.
(c) A pigeon.
(d) A finch.
3. Who is never alone?
(a) The devil.
(b) An angel.
(c) A writer.
(d) A hermit.
4. "I have never found the companion that was so companionable as..."
(c) A book.
5. "Walden is a perfect forest mirror" in which season?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of fish does Thoreau try to catch in the winter?
2. What winter bird does Thoreau amuse himself by watching?
3. How close is Thoreau's nearest neighbor?
4. What kind of bird does an old man tell Thoreau used to frequent the pond?
5. What does Thoreau see in the clear water of the pond one November day?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)