|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thoreau see in the clear water of the pond one November day?
(a) A school of perch.
(b) A heron.
(c) A muskrat family.
(d) A large turtle.
2. What animal's sound ushers in the night?
(a) The bullfrog's trump.
(b) The hawk's scream.
(c) The whip-poor-will's cry.
(d) The coyote's yelp.
3. Which bird does Thoreau doubt has ever profaned Walden Pond?
(a) A seagull.
(b) A pigeon.
(c) A finch.
(d) A sparrow.
4. "Nature has no human inhabitant who..."
(a) Loves her.
(b) Appreciates her.
(c) Treats her well.
(d) Respects her.
5. What does Thoreau frequently do on warm evenings?
(a) Star gazes.
(b) Goes for a walk.
(c) Plays the flute in his boat.
(d) Fishes on the pond.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thoreau claim is the cure for his ailments?
2. What winter bird does Thoreau amuse himself by watching?
3. What happened to Breed's hut?
4. "I believe that men are generally still a little afraid of..."
5. What fruit never reaches Boston?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)