|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who came the farthest to visit Thoreau in the winter?
(a) A farmer.
(b) A hunter.
(c) A reporter.
(d) A poet.
2. What animal's sound ushers in the night?
(a) The coyote's yelp.
(b) The whip-poor-will's cry.
(c) The bullfrog's trump.
(d) The hawk's scream.
3. Where was it rumored that Col. Quoil had been a soldier?
(a) New Orleans.
(b) Upper Canada.
(d) Hong Kong.
4. According to legend, after whom was Walden Pond named?
(a) A town official.
(b) The original owner of the property.
(c) A hunter.
(d) An old Indian woman.
5. "Walden is a perfect forest mirror" in which season?
Short Answer Questions
1. "I go and come with a strange... in Nature."
2. "I have never found the companion that was so companionable as..."
3. What frequently notifies Thoreau of a passing traveler along the highway?
4. For what does Thoreau feel sympathy?
5. What does Thoreau do to pass the time on winter evenings?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)