|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "I go and come with a strange... in Nature."
2. What winter bird does Thoreau amuse himself by watching?
(a) A cardinal.
(b) A barred owl.
(c) A blue jay.
(d) A chickadee.
3. Thoreau hates the name of what local pond ?
(a) Flint's Pond.
(b) Mill Pond.
(c) Fish Pond.
(d) White Pond.
4. Some of Thoreau's pleasantest hours are spent during this kind of weather:
(b) Sun showers.
5. Which animal is one of "Nature's Watchmen"?
Short Answer Questions
1. "I believe that men are generally still a little afraid of..."
2. "I have never found the companion that was so companionable as..."
3. Where was it rumored that Col. Quoil had been a soldier?
4. What animal's sound ushers in the night?
5. For what does Thoreau feel sympathy?
This section contains 161 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)