|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Walden Pond between his childhood and the time he moved there?
(a) A family of muskrats moved in.
(b) The spring dried up.
(c) The fish were depopulated.
(d) The trees on the shores were cut down.
2. What happened to a settler's family in Sutton in 1717?
(a) They couldn't pay their taxes and were forced to move.
(b) Their cottage was completely buried in snow.
(c) They were forced off their land by a flood.
(d) Their house burned down.
3. "Walden is a perfect forest mirror" in which season?
4. "I go and come with a strange... in Nature."
5. Who came the farthest to visit Thoreau in the winter?
(a) A reporter.
(b) A poet.
(c) A farmer.
(d) A hunter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of fish does Thoreau try to catch in the winter?
2. What does Thoreau frequently do on warm evenings?
3. What does Thoreau do to pass the time on winter evenings?
4. What winter bird does Thoreau amuse himself by watching?
5. According to legend, after whom was Walden Pond named?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)