|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "I believe that men are generally still a little afraid of..."
(b) The devil.
(c) The dark.
(d) Their imaginations.
2. What happened to Walden Pond between his childhood and the time he moved there?
(a) The fish were depopulated.
(b) The spring dried up.
(c) A family of muskrats moved in.
(d) The trees on the shores were cut down.
3. Where was it rumored that Col. Quoil had been a soldier?
(b) Upper Canada.
(c) New Orleans.
(d) Hong Kong.
4. What winter bird does Thoreau amuse himself by watching?
(a) A barred owl.
(b) A blue jay.
(c) A cardinal.
(d) A chickadee.
5. Some of Thoreau's pleasantest hours are spent during this kind of weather:
(d) Sun showers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of bird does an old man tell Thoreau used to frequent the pond?
2. Which bird does Thoreau doubt has ever profaned Walden Pond?
3. "Walden is a perfect forest mirror" in which season?
4. Who is never alone?
5. "I have never found the companion that was so companionable as..."
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)