|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of bird does an old man tell Thoreau used to frequent the pond?
2. What frequently notifies Thoreau of a passing traveler along the highway?
(a) Flashing lights.
(b) The smell of a pipe.
(c) The sound of laughter.
(d) Footprints and broken tree branches.
3. For what does Thoreau feel sympathy?
(a) Singing birds.
(b) Prowling animals.
(c) Tree leaves.
(d) Withering flowers.
4. What fruit never reaches Boston?
5. What does Thoreau frequently do on warm evenings?
(a) Goes for a walk.
(b) Fishes on the pond.
(c) Plays the flute in his boat.
(d) Star gazes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is never alone?
2. How close is Thoreau's nearest neighbor?
3. "I believe that men are generally still a little afraid of..."
4. What happened to a settler's family in Sutton in 1717?
5. What happened to Breed's hut?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)