|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who came the farthest to visit Thoreau in the winter?
(a) A reporter.
(b) A hunter.
(c) A poet.
(d) A farmer.
2. What happened to Walden Pond between his childhood and the time he moved there?
(a) The fish were depopulated.
(b) The spring dried up.
(c) The trees on the shores were cut down.
(d) A family of muskrats moved in.
3. Where was it rumored that Col. Quoil had been a soldier?
(a) Upper Canada.
(c) Hong Kong.
(d) New Orleans.
4. What winter bird does Thoreau amuse himself by watching?
(a) A chickadee.
(b) A blue jay.
(c) A barred owl.
(d) A cardinal.
5. "I have never found the companion that was so companionable as..."
(b) A book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which bird does Thoreau doubt has ever profaned Walden Pond?
2. Which animal is one of "Nature's Watchmen"?
3. What frequently notifies Thoreau of a passing traveler along the highway?
4. What does Thoreau see in the clear water of the pond one November day?
5. What kind of fish is most abundant in Walden Pond?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)