|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What winter bird does Thoreau amuse himself by watching?
(a) A chickadee.
(b) A barred owl.
(c) A blue jay.
(d) A cardinal.
2. What happened to a settler's family in Sutton in 1717?
(a) Their house burned down.
(b) They were forced off their land by a flood.
(c) Their cottage was completely buried in snow.
(d) They couldn't pay their taxes and were forced to move.
3. What does Thoreau see in the clear water of the pond one November day?
(a) A school of perch.
(b) A muskrat family.
(c) A heron.
(d) A large turtle.
4. What frequently notifies Thoreau of a passing traveler along the highway?
(a) The smell of a pipe.
(b) Footprints and broken tree branches.
(c) The sound of laughter.
(d) Flashing lights.
5. What does Thoreau claim is the cure for his ailments?
(a) Morning air.
Short Answer Questions
1. "I have never found the companion that was so companionable as..."
2. Some of Thoreau's pleasantest hours are spent during this kind of weather:
3. What kind of fish is most abundant in Walden Pond?
4. What animal's sound ushers in the night?
5. Who is never alone?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)