1. On what pond does Thoreau live on the shore?
(a) Catfish Pond.
(b) Wiltshire Pond.
(c) Concord Pond.
(d) Walden Pond.
2. Where is Walden Pond located?
(a) Concord, Massachusetts.
(b) Albany, New York.
(c) Portland, Oregon.
(d) Keswick, England.
3. How long does Thoreau live at Walden Pond?
(a) Six months.
(b) Two years and two months.
(c) One year.
(d) Three years and six months.
4. "The mass of men lead lives of quiet..."
5. What are the necessities of life?
(a) Food, shelter, clothing, and fuel.
(b) Food, shelter, clothing, and sunlight.
(c) Love, happiness, family, and religion.
(d) Food, shelter, land, and freedom.
6. What is Thoreau's shelter at Walden Pond?
(a) A cave.
(b) An abandoned shanty.
(c) A small house.
(d) A tent.
7. In total, how much does it cost for Thoreau to build his house?
8. "The swiftest traveler is he that goes..."
(a) By Train.
(b) By Horse.
(d) As the crow flies.
9. What vegetable does Thoreau plant on most of his 2 1/2 acres?
This section contains 3,241 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)