|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship of the main characters in Scene 3?
(a) Waiter and customer.
(b) Father and son.
(c) Brother and sister.
(d) Employer and employee.
2. How does Fatt respond to Agate's speech?
(a) He is interested and listens attentively.
(b) He is nonchalant and distracted..
(c) He smokes his cigar and ignores him.
(d) He is angry and orders him to sit down.
3. What lesson does Benjamin learn about theory versus life experience?
(a) His opinion about the two is unchanged.
(b) Life experience makes theories believable.
(c) Experience and theories are not related.
(d) Theory is nothing more than conjecture.
4. What factors limit Dr. Barnes' employment options?
(a) Age and ethnicity.
(b) Work ethic and alcoholism.
(c) Indebtedness and medical competence.
(d) His age and invalid daughter.
5. What is the speaker's attitude toward Fatt?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Miller initially feel about the new job assignment?
2. What makes Miller especially vulnerable to exploitation?
3. Which of Joe and Edna's bills needs to be paid right away?
4. Who is the first person to speak in Scene 5?
5. Who helps Joe overcome his fear of fighting for a living wage and make up his mind?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)