|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the boss meeting with Miller?
(a) To have lunch because they are friends.
(b) To tell him about his new job.
(c) To fire him.
(d) To get dirt on other employees.
2. What is one reason Joe gives for strikes sometimes failing?
(a) Strikers usually accept that a strike isn't needed.
(b) Strikes fail because they are dishonorable.
(c) One person can't win against the union.
(d) Slackers don't work hard enough to win.
3. What two unions have failed at past strikes?
(a) Teamsters and canners.
(b) Dock and auto workers.
(c) Textile and steel.
(d) Textile and taxi drivers.
4. How does Joe feel about being the man of the house?
(a) He likes making the important decisions.
(b) That's just the way it is.
(c) He does not believe women can think for themselves.
(d) He wishes he could be a kid again.
5. What does Joe initially think about strikes?
(a) Strikes do not work.
(b) Strikes work.
(c) People lose their jobs.
(d) He's not sure.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Fatt's reaction to the Voice's accusation?
2. What does Joe tell Edna he had for lunch when he gets home from work?
3. Who is referred to as having "more guts than a slaughter house?"
4. What is Joe paying his dues to?
5. Who are the hack and his girl?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)