|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one reason Sid says that it is so trying to be a man?
(a) Men at work challenge his manhood.
(b) Women are too demanding.
(c) His family wants him to remain a kid.
(d) The bosses with money keep the working class down.
2. What does Edna mean when she says, "Everything was gonna be so ducky!"?
(a) She would serve duck for dinner.
(b) She and Joe might have some rough times.
(c) She and Joe would have a good life.
(d) The movie was expected to get an A+ review.
3. Why does Benjamin feel that he will not be affected by the ward closing?
(a) He was recently promoted to the senior position
(b) He was promised a permanent contract.
(c) He is too good to let go.
(d) He has had seniority for a while.
4. What is Clayton's reaction to the workers' rejection of him?
(a) He becomes defensive.
(b) He leaves the meeting.
(c) It confuses him.
(d) He accepts the rejection.
5. What does Joe tell Edna he had for lunch when he gets home from work?
(c) Burger and fries.
(d) Soda and crackers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship of the main characters in Scene 3?
2. What metaphor for time does Clayton use to discourage a strike?
3. What upsets Benjamin most about the hospital's politics?
4. What does Sid mean by "backwash" if he and Florence married?
5. What is Clayton's relationship to the Voice?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)