|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Estragon and Vladimir help Pozzo get up in the second act, Vladimir asks Pozzo if he recognizes them. Pozzo tells them
(a) He was just playing with them.
(b) He is blind.
(c) He is really Godot.
(d) He does not recognize them.
2. Vladimir realizes Estragon has been beaten again and tells him he wouldn't have let "them" beat Estragon because he would
(a) Stop Estragon from doing whatever he did to receive the beating.
(b) Help Estragon run away so he wouldn't get beaten.
(c) Ask Godot to help Estragon.
(d) Beat up all of the people who beat Estragon.
3. In the second act, after waiting so long for Godot, Vladimir tells Estragon he is proud of the fact that
(a) They are strong enough to beat up Lucky.
(b) Smart enough to take advantage of Pozzo.
(c) Even though they may not be saints, they kept their appointment.
(d) They are better people than Pozzo because they do not beat people.
4. After Pozzo and Lucky leave in Act II, Vladimir wonders if Pozzo
(a) Was still going to sell Lucky.
(b) Was really blind.
(c) Had hurt Lucky.
(d) Was playing a trick on them.
5. Vladimir asks the boy if Mr. Godot has a beard. The boy tells him that he does and that it is
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon his return, Pozzo wants to know if Estragon and Vladimir are
2. Vladimir asks Estragon why he keeps coming back to spend time with Vladimir if he is not happy. Estragon tells him
3. What is the first thing Vladimir suggests Estragon do when he checks on Lucky in Act II?
4. In Act II, Estragon and Vladimir can find nothing that will work as a rope if they want to hang themselves, and they decide that tomorrow they will
5. Estragon tells Vladimir he threw his boots away the day before. Vladimir shows him his boots. Estragon
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)