|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Vladimir realizes Estragon has been beaten again and tells him he wouldn't have let "them" beat Estragon because he would
(a) Help Estragon run away so he wouldn't get beaten.
(b) Beat up all of the people who beat Estragon.
(c) Ask Godot to help Estragon.
(d) Stop Estragon from doing whatever he did to receive the beating.
2. At the end of Act I, Vladimir asks the boy where he sleeps, and the boy tells him that
(a) He sleeps in a bed in the house.
(b) He and his brother sleep on the floor in the servant's house.
(c) He sleeps alone in the hay in the loft.
(d) He and his brother sleep in the hay in the loft.
3. What does Pozzo say is in his bag near the end of the play?
4. The boy tells Vladimir that he has a brother who also works for Godot and minds the
5. In Act I, Estragon and Vladimir ask the boy why he is so late in coming. The boy tells them he has been waiting because he was
(a) Afraid they would hit him.
(b) Finishing his dinner.
(c) Tired and needed to take a nap.
(d) Afraid of the whip, the roars, and the two big men.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Act I is ending, Vladimir tells Estragon that everything will be better tomorrow because
2. Vladimir greets Estragon at the beginning of Act II and wants to embrace him. Estragon tells Vladimir not to
3. Vladimir asks the boy if he is unhappy and, just as Act I is ending, the boy tells him that he
4. Estragon and Vladimir talk about what time it is in the middle of the second act. Pozzo keeps begging them to tell him if it is
5. After he wakes up from his nightmare, Estragon gets irritated because Vladimir won't stop
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)