|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The last thing that Vladimir tells Estragon to do is
(a) Pull down his pants.
(b) Pull up his pants.
(c) Put his shoes on.
(d) Tie his shoes.
2. In Act I, Vladimir asks the boy if he has been where they are before. The boy replies that
(a) He is lost and needs directions.
(b) This is his first time.
(c) He needs their help.
(d) He has been there many times.
3. The boy claims to work or Mr. Godot by minding the
4. Estragon remembers some of the things that happened to him the day before, but he can't remember all of the pieces of the puzzle. Vladimir tries to remind him that
(a) Someone beat him and threw old chicken bones at him.
(b) Lucky kicked him and Pozzo gave him the chicken bones.
(c) He fell and found some bones buried under the tree.
(d) He was kicked by a mule and had leftover bones from his chicken.
5. In Act I, Estragon and Vladimir ask the boy why he is so late in coming. The boy tells them he has been waiting because he was
(a) Afraid of the whip, the roars, and the two big men.
(b) Afraid they would hit him.
(c) Finishing his dinner.
(d) Tired and needed to take a nap.
Short Answer Questions
1. Vladimir realizes Estragon has been beaten again and tells him he wouldn't have let "them" beat Estragon because he would
2. What reasoning does Pozzo give Vladimir for the change in Lucky in Act II?
3. Estragon and Vladimir continue to discuss Pozzo's helplessness in Act II. Vladimir gets excited about the fact that, for once, they
4. In Act II, Estragon and Vladimir talk about the tree and the fact that it
5. In the second act, after waiting so long for Godot, Vladimir tells Estragon he is proud of the fact that
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)