|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of the play, when Vladimir and Estragon decide to leave, where do they go?
(a) They do not move.
(b) They search for the closest town.
(c) They go west.
(d) They go east.
2. When Vladimir tries to talk to Estragon about what happened the day before with the tree and Pozzo and Lucky, Estragon tells him
(a) The tree now has leaves.
(b) Pozzo and Lucky have left.
(c) Lucky finally ran away.
(d) He has forgotten everything.
3. When Vladimir tells Estragon he is happy in Act II, how does Estragon react?
(a) He is sad.
(b) He says he is happy too.
(c) He is hurt.
(d) He is shocked.
4. Finally, toward the end of the play, Vladimir tells Estragon they will hang themselves tomorrow unless
(a) Godot comes.
(b) They find enough money to live better.
(c) Lucky and Pozzo come back.
(d) The boy comes back.
5. As Pozzo and Lucky are leaving near the end of the play, Vladimir asks Pozzo what they do when they fall down and there is no one to help them. Pozzo tells him
(a) They beg for help until someone takes pity on them.
(b) They take the opportunity to take a nap.
(c) They wait until they can get up.
(d) They pay someone to pick them up.
Short Answer Questions
1. Estragon falls asleep again in Act II, and, again, Vladimir wakes him up. Estragon asks Vladimir
2. When Pozzo asks Estragon and Vladimir if they are at a place called the Board, Vladimir describes the surroundings, and Pozzo tells him
3. Estragon tells Vladimir he threw his boots away the day before. Vladimir shows him his boots. Estragon
4. When Estragon tells Vladimir why he is going to go without shoes, Vladimir asks him if he is going to
5. In the second act, after waiting so long for Godot, Vladimir tells Estragon he is proud of the fact that
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)