|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the boy tell Vladimir about Mr. Godot on the second day?
(a) That he no longer works for Mr. Godot and has no message.
(b) That Mr. Godot will see them later that evening.
(c) That Mr. Godot will not ever come.
(d) That Mr. Godot can not come tonight but will come tomorrow without fail.
2. After Estragon and Vladimir help Pozzo get up in the second act, Vladimir asks Pozzo if he recognizes them. Pozzo tells them
(a) He does not recognize them.
(b) He is really Godot.
(c) He is blind.
(d) He was just playing with them.
3. The last thing that Vladimir tells Estragon to do is
(a) Put his shoes on.
(b) Pull up his pants.
(c) Tie his shoes.
(d) Pull down his pants.
4. When Pozzo asks Estragon and Vladimir if they are at a place called the Board, Vladimir describes the surroundings, and Pozzo tells him
(a) The Board is a room where people meet to make decisions.
(b) This can not be the Board
(c) The Board is a place where games are played.
(d) It is the place at the center of town.
5. In Act II, Vladimir asks the boy what Mr. Godot does. The boy tells him that Mr. Godot
(a) Owns race horses.
(b) Does philanthropic work.
(c) Is a physician.
(d) Does nothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the dialogue at the beginning of Act II, Vladimir talks Estragon into saying he is happy. Once Estragon makes the statement that he is happy, he asks Vladimir about what they should do now. Vladimir tells him they should
2. Vladimir asks the boy if he is unhappy and, just as Act I is ending, the boy tells him that he
3. When he arrives for the second time, who does the boy refer to Vladimir as?
4. When Pozzo and Lucky meet Estragon and Vladimir the next day, Pozzo tells them that he woke up one day finding everything had changed and that he sometimes wonders if he isn't
5. In Act I, Estragon and Vladimir ask the boy why he is so late in coming. The boy tells them he has been waiting because he was
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)