|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act II, Vladimir tells Estragon that he woke him up
(a) Because he was lonely.
(b) Because dinner was ready.
(c) Because he thought Estragon was rude to go to sleep.
(d) To tell him that Godot had arrived.
2. When Vladimir tries to talk to Estragon about what happened the day before with the tree and Pozzo and Lucky, Estragon tells him
(a) Pozzo and Lucky have left.
(b) Lucky finally ran away.
(c) He has forgotten everything.
(d) The tree now has leaves.
3. How is the tree different in Act II?
(a) It has a few leaves.
(b) It has lost most of its branches.
(c) It is full of leaves and fruit.
(d) It has been chopped down.
4. When Pozzo and Lucky meet Estragon and Vladimir the next day, Pozzo tells them that he woke up one day finding everything had changed and that he sometimes wonders if he isn't
(a) Afraid to see.
(b) Losing his mind.
(c) Getting very old
(d) Still asleep.
5. The boy claims to work or Mr. Godot by minding the
Short Answer Questions
1. Estragon hurts himself while kicking Lucky in the second act, and he
2. As Act I is ending, the boy tells Estragon and Vladimir that Mr. Godot will not come to see them today,
3. As they are preparing to leave at the end of Act I, Estragon looks at the tree and tells Vladimir that
4. In Act I, Vladimir asks the boy if he has been where they are before. The boy replies that
5. In the dialogue at the beginning of Act II, Vladimir talks Estragon into saying he is happy. Once Estragon makes the statement that he is happy, he asks Vladimir about what they should do now. Vladimir tells him they should
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)