|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act I, Vladimir asks the boy if he has been where they are before. The boy replies that
(a) He needs their help.
(b) He has been there many times.
(c) This is his first time.
(d) He is lost and needs directions.
2. How is the tree different in Act II?
(a) It is full of leaves and fruit.
(b) It has lost most of its branches.
(c) It has a few leaves.
(d) It has been chopped down.
3. What does Pozzo say is in his bag near the end of the play?
4. When Estragon says he doesn't know why he was beaten at the beginning of Act II, Vladimir tells him
(a) He must have been doing something wrong.
(b) It isn't just what you do but the way you do it that matters.
(c) He must have been trespassing.
(d) Godot will make sure it doesn't happen again.
5. What does Vladimir ask the boy to tell Mr. Godot on the second day?
(a) That Vladimir and Estragon will wait as long as he wants them to.
(b) That Vladimir and Estragon are tired of waiting.
(c) That he saw Vladimir.
(d) That Vladimir and Estragon will wait in a different place tomorrow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Estragon say he was dreaming of when Vladimir woke him up in Act II?
2. As the boy is about to leave at the end of Act I, he asks Vladimir what he should tell Mr. Godot. Vladimir tells him to tell Mr. Godot that
3. Throughout the dialogue in Act II, Estragon and Vladimir are doing their best to keep talking so they don't
4. Just as Act I is ending,
5. When Pozzo and Lucky meet Estragon and Vladimir the next day, Pozzo tells them that he woke up one day finding everything had changed and that he sometimes wonders if he isn't
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)