|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reasoning does Pozzo give Vladimir for the change in Lucky in Act II?
(a) He says it happened one day just like he became blind one day.
(b) Nothing, he tell Vladimir to leave them alone and stop asking stupid questions.
(c) He says Lucky was beaten.
(d) He does not offer a reason.
2. When the boy comes toward the end of the second act, Vladimir asks him if he has seen anybody. The boy tells him
(a) That there were many people on the road.
(b) He wasn't paying attention.
(c) He has seen no one.
(d) He saw two people traveling together.
3. At the end of Act I, Estragon says he is unhappy. Vladimir asks him since when. Estragon tells him he
(a) Just realized that he was unhappy.
(b) Likes being unhappy.
(c) Has forgotten.
(d) Has always been unhappy.
4. Toward the end of the second act, Estragon wakes up and wants to leave the place. Vladimir tells him they can't because they
(a) Are waiting for Godot.
(b) Are too tired and hungry to go anywhere.
(c) Need to wait for Pozzo and Lucky.
(d) Have no place to go.
5. In Act II, Estragon and Vladimir talk aimlessly for awhile and have a hard time keeping up the conversation. Vladimir begs Estragon to speak. Finally, Estragon asks what they should do now, and Vladimir tells him they should
(a) Go find Godot.
(b) Wait for Godot.
(c) Get something to eat.
(d) Take a nap.
Short Answer Questions
1. Estragon falls asleep again in Act II, and, again, Vladimir wakes him up. Estragon asks Vladimir
2. Estragon realizes it is too late for Godot to come by the end of the second day. Vladimir agrees because it is
3. As the boy is about to leave at the end of Act I, he asks Vladimir what he should tell Mr. Godot. Vladimir tells him to tell Mr. Godot that
4. In the dialogue at the beginning of Act II, Vladimir talks Estragon into saying he is happy. Once Estragon makes the statement that he is happy, he asks Vladimir about what they should do now. Vladimir tells him they should
5. Considering the possibility that they might have trouble hanging themselves, Estragon says that Vladimir could hang onto his legs. Vladimir asks him
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)