|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Estragon tells Vladimir he threw his boots away the day before. Vladimir shows him his boots. Estragon
(a) Gives the boots to Vladimir.
(b) Throws the boots away again because they hurt him.
(c) Tells him they are not his boots because his were black and these are brown.
(d) Thanks him and puts his boots back on.
2. Estragon and Vladimir have an argument in Act II, but decide to converse politely because they can't keep silent because don't want to...
(a) Think and hear.
(b) Listen to the wind.
(c) Keep falling asleep.
(d) Stay bored.
3. The second time the boy messenger comes, when Vladimir asks the boy about his brother, the boy says his brother is
(a) No longer working for Mr. Godot.
(b) Away on a long trip.
4. As Act I is ending, the boy tells Estragon and Vladimir that Mr. Godot will not come to see them today,
(a) And he will not be able to come to see them for some weeks.
(b) Because he has no intention of ever coming.
(c) Because he has already seen them.
(d) But he will surely come tomorrow.
5. When Estragon tells Vladimir why he is going to go without shoes, Vladimir asks him if he is going to
(a) Read the Bible.
(b) Compare himself to Christ.
(c) Buy a new pair of shoes.
(d) Ever wear shoes again.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act II, Estragon and Vladimir are agitated because someone is coming so they decide to
2. When the boy comes toward the end of the second act, Vladimir asks him if he has seen anybody. The boy tells him
3. In the dialogue at the beginning of Act II, Vladimir talks Estragon into saying he is happy. Once Estragon makes the statement that he is happy, he asks Vladimir about what they should do now. Vladimir tells him they should
4. When he arrives for the second time, who does the boy refer to Vladimir as?
5. Vladimir asks Estragon why he keeps coming back to spend time with Vladimir if he is not happy. Estragon tells him
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)