|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Throughout the dialogue in Act II, Estragon and Vladimir are doing their best to keep talking so they don't
(a) Have to remember how hungry they are.
(b) Think about how dull it is to keep waiting for Godot.
(c) Keep falling asleep.
(d) Have to hear all the dead voices.
2. As the boy is about to leave at the end of Act I, he asks Vladimir what he should tell Mr. Godot. Vladimir tells him to tell Mr. Godot that
(a) They will wait at home.
(b) They will not wait for him anymore.
(c) He saw them.
(d) They really need to see him.
3. Vladimir asks Estragon why he keeps coming back to spend time with Vladimir if he is not happy. Estragon tells him
(a) Because they are brothers.
(b) He does not know why.
(c) That he found Godot.
(d) He has nowhere else to go.
4. Vladimir is glad that Lucky and Pozzo return in Act II because now they will have help
(a) Someone to watch out while they sleep.
(b) Waiting for Godot.
(c) Finding something to eat.
(d) Chopping down the tree for firewood.
5. After Estragon and Vladimir help Pozzo get up in the second act, Vladimir asks Pozzo if he recognizes them. Pozzo tells them
(a) He is really Godot.
(b) He is blind.
(c) He does not recognize them.
(d) He was just playing with them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the boy tell Vladimir about Mr. Godot on the second day?
2. Vladimir tells Estragon, at the end of the second act, that if Godot comes,
3. What reasoning does Pozzo give Vladimir for the change in Lucky in Act II?
4. What does Pozzo say is in his bag near the end of the play?
5. How is the tree different in Act II?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)