|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is different about Pozzo and Lucky when they return the next day?
(a) Pozzo is blind and Lucky has the whip to beat him.
(b) Pozzo is blind and Lucky is mute.
(c) Lucky is the landowner and Pozzo is his beaten servant.
(d) Pozzo can't walk and Lucky has to carry him.
2. Estragon tells Vladimir he threw his boots away the day before. Vladimir shows him his boots. Estragon
(a) Throws the boots away again because they hurt him.
(b) Gives the boots to Vladimir.
(c) Thanks him and puts his boots back on.
(d) Tells him they are not his boots because his were black and these are brown.
3. What does Pozzo say is in his bag near the end of the play?
4. When Estragon comments that his boots are too big in Act II, Vladimir tells him that perhaps, someday, he will
(a) Find his old boots.
(b) Get new boots that fit.
(c) Decide to wear different kinds of shoes.
(d) Have a pair of socks.
5. In Act II, Estragon and Vladimir talk about the tree and the fact that it
(a) Was bare yesterday, but now has some leaves.
(b) Has been chopped down.
(c) Had leaves yesterday, but now they are all gone.
(d) Was bare yesterday, but now has some fruit.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act II, Estragon and Vladimir can find nothing that will work as a rope if they want to hang themselves, and they decide that tomorrow they will
2. Vladimir and Pozzo tell Estragon to go check on Lucky in Act II. When he tells them he doesn't want to do it, they tell Estragon
3. Vladimir tries to clarify that he and Estragon met Pozzo and Lucky yesterday. Pozzo tells him he doesn't remember meeting them yesterday and that tomorrow
4. Toward the end of the second act, Estragon wakes up and wants to leave the place. Vladimir tells him they can't because they
5. The second time the boy messenger comes, when Vladimir asks the boy about his brother, the boy says his brother is
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)