|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the second act, after waiting so long for Godot, Vladimir tells Estragon he is proud of the fact that
(a) They are better people than Pozzo because they do not beat people.
(b) Smart enough to take advantage of Pozzo.
(c) Even though they may not be saints, they kept their appointment.
(d) They are strong enough to beat up Lucky.
2. In Act II, Estragon remembers some of the things that happened the day before including:
(a) Losing his boots.
(b) Going into the town and buying some food.
(c) Being kicked by someone and being given a bone.
(d) Sleeping under the tree.
3. As the boy is about to leave at the end of Act I, he asks Vladimir what he should tell Mr. Godot. Vladimir tells him to tell Mr. Godot that
(a) They will wait at home.
(b) They really need to see him.
(c) They will not wait for him anymore.
(d) He saw them.
4. Considering the possibility that they might have trouble hanging themselves, Estragon says that Vladimir could hang onto his legs. Vladimir asks him
(a) If he is really certain he wants to do this.
(b) Who would hang onto his (Vladimir's) legs.
(c) If he is sure that would work.
(d) If he thinks the tree can hold them both.
5. Estragon and Vladimir discuss where they have spent time in the past and mention which two specific places?
(a) Dodge country and Cackon country.
(b) Macon country and Cackon country.
(c) Fairview country and Telfair country.
(d) Dodge country and Macon country.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act II, Estragon and Vladimir talk about the tree and the fact that it
2. Estragon and Vladimir talk about what time it is in the middle of the second act. Pozzo keeps begging them to tell him if it is
3. When Estragon approaches Lucky in the second act and starts to kick him, he
4. At the end of the play, when Vladimir and Estragon decide to leave, where do they go?
5. What does Vladimir ask the boy to tell Mr. Godot on the second day?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)