|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act II, Estragon and Vladimir talk about the tree and the fact that it
(a) Has been chopped down.
(b) Had leaves yesterday, but now they are all gone.
(c) Was bare yesterday, but now has some fruit.
(d) Was bare yesterday, but now has some leaves.
2. Vladimir asks Estragon why he keeps coming back to spend time with Vladimir if he is not happy. Estragon tells him
(a) He has nowhere else to go.
(b) Because they are brothers.
(c) He does not know why.
(d) That he found Godot.
3. When Estragon comments that his boots are too big in Act II, Vladimir tells him that perhaps, someday, he will
(a) Decide to wear different kinds of shoes.
(b) Find his old boots.
(c) Get new boots that fit.
(d) Have a pair of socks.
4. After Estragon and Vladimir help Pozzo get up in the second act, Vladimir asks Pozzo if he recognizes them. Pozzo tells them
(a) He does not recognize them.
(b) He is really Godot.
(c) He was just playing with them.
(d) He is blind.
5. At the end of Act I, Estragon says he is unhappy. Vladimir asks him since when. Estragon tells him he
(a) Has always been unhappy.
(b) Just realized that he was unhappy.
(c) Likes being unhappy.
(d) Has forgotten.
Short Answer Questions
1. Vladimir asks the boy if Mr. Godot has a beard. The boy tells him that he does and that it is
2. Estragon and Vladimir agree that they work well as a team so, in Act II, they decide to work together to
3. When Estragon wakes up in Act II, disoriented by a nightmare, Vladimir
4. What does Vladimir ask the boy to tell Mr. Godot on the second day?
5. When Estragon says he doesn't know why he was beaten at the beginning of Act II, Vladimir tells him
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)