|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For the second time in the play, Estragon and Vladimir talk about hanging themselves on the tree, but they can't because they
(a) Had cut down the tree.
(b) Need to wait for Godot.
(c) Don't have any rope.
(d) Should go to sleep instead.
2. The boy claims to work or Mr. Godot by minding the
3. After he wakes up from his nightmare, Estragon gets irritated because Vladimir won't stop
(a) Moving and walking.
(d) Laughing at him.
4. In Act II, Vladimir tells Estragon that he woke him up
(a) Because he thought Estragon was rude to go to sleep.
(b) Because dinner was ready.
(c) Because he was lonely.
(d) To tell him that Godot had arrived.
5. As Act I is ending, the boy tells Estragon and Vladimir that Mr. Godot will not come to see them today,
(a) Because he has no intention of ever coming.
(b) Because he has already seen them.
(c) But he will surely come tomorrow.
(d) And he will not be able to come to see them for some weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Estragon tells Vladimir why he is going to go without shoes, Vladimir asks him if he is going to
2. Just as Act I is ending,
3. Vladimir asks the boy in Act II if he is the same boy who came yesterday. The boy tells him
4. In Act II, Estragon and Vladimir discuss how to handle Pozzo, but they are concerned because
5. Vladimir is glad that Lucky and Pozzo return in Act II because now they will have help
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)