|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vladimir ask the boy to tell Mr. Godot on the second day?
(a) That he saw Vladimir.
(b) That Vladimir and Estragon are tired of waiting.
(c) That Vladimir and Estragon will wait in a different place tomorrow.
(d) That Vladimir and Estragon will wait as long as he wants them to.
2. Estragon and Vladimir agree that they work well as a team so, in Act II, they decide to work together to
(a) Find food because they are hungry.
(b) Put the boots they found on Estragon.
(c) Cut the tree down for firewood.
(d) Clean up the area.
3. When they finally decide no one is coming after they think they hear something in Act II, Vladimir tells Estragon he must
(a) Find Godot immediately.
(b) Go find something to eat for them.
(c) Leave for good.
(d) Have had a vision.
4. For the second time in the play, Estragon and Vladimir talk about hanging themselves on the tree, but they can't because they
(a) Should go to sleep instead.
(b) Need to wait for Godot.
(c) Had cut down the tree.
(d) Don't have any rope.
5. Estragon gets excited because when Pozzo returns the next day, he thinks Pozzo
(a) Is actually Godot.
(b) Tells them they can wait for Godot at his home.
(c) Has brought Godot.
(d) Has brought them all dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act II, Estragon and Vladimir can find nothing that will work as a rope if they want to hang themselves, and they decide that tomorrow they will
2. Vladimir asks the boy in Act II if he is the same boy who came yesterday. The boy tells him
3. When Vladimir tries to talk to Estragon about what happened the day before with the tree and Pozzo and Lucky, Estragon tells him
4. Who does the boy ask for in Act 1?
5. As Act I is ending, Vladimir tells Estragon that everything will be better tomorrow because
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)