|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Vladimir asks Estragon why he keeps coming back to spend time with Vladimir if he is not happy. Estragon tells him
(a) He has nowhere else to go.
(b) Because they are brothers.
(c) He does not know why.
(d) That he found Godot.
2. At the end of Act I, Estragon says he is unhappy. Vladimir asks him since when. Estragon tells him he
(a) Just realized that he was unhappy.
(b) Likes being unhappy.
(c) Has always been unhappy.
(d) Has forgotten.
3. What reasoning does Pozzo give Vladimir for the change in Lucky in Act II?
(a) Nothing, he tell Vladimir to leave them alone and stop asking stupid questions.
(b) He says Lucky was beaten.
(c) He says it happened one day just like he became blind one day.
(d) He does not offer a reason.
4. In Act II, Vladimir gives Estragon a radish,
(a) But Estragon does not want it because it is blackand he only likes pink radishes.
(b) And Estragon thanks him and eats it quickly.
(c) But Estragon gives it back to him and tells him he is not hungry.
(d) But does not want it because he doesn't like radishes.
5. Upon his return, Pozzo wants to know if Estragon and Vladimir are
(c) Park rangers.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Estragon and Vladimir find the hat that Lucky left behind the day before, they
2. Vladimir asks Pozzo if he can ask Lucky to sing or recite before they leave near the end of the play. Pozzo tells him
3. Who does the boy ask for in Act 1?
4. Estragon and Vladimir agree that they work well as a team so, in Act II, they decide to work together to
5. In Act II, Estragon and Vladimir can find nothing that will work as a rope if they want to hang themselves, and they decide that tomorrow they will
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)