|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Estragon say he was dreaming of when Vladimir woke him up in Act II?
(a) That he was happy.
(b) That Godot had come and taken care of them.
(c) About having all the food he wanted.
(d) That the tree was gone.
2. When Pozzo and Lucky meet Estragon and Vladimir the next day, Pozzo tells them that he woke up one day finding everything had changed and that he sometimes wonders if he isn't
(a) Afraid to see.
(b) Losing his mind.
(c) Still asleep.
(d) Getting very old
3. How is the tree different in Act II?
(a) It has been chopped down.
(b) It has a few leaves.
(c) It has lost most of its branches.
(d) It is full of leaves and fruit.
4. At the end of Act I, Vladimir asks the boy where he sleeps, and the boy tells him that
(a) He and his brother sleep in the hay in the loft.
(b) He and his brother sleep on the floor in the servant's house.
(c) He sleeps alone in the hay in the loft.
(d) He sleeps in a bed in the house.
5. When the boy comes toward the end of the second act, Vladimir asks him if he has seen anybody. The boy tells him
(a) He has seen no one.
(b) That there were many people on the road.
(c) He wasn't paying attention.
(d) He saw two people traveling together.
Short Answer Questions
1. The last thing that Vladimir tells Estragon to do is
2. In Act II, Estragon remembers some of the things that happened the day before including:
3. When Vladimir tries to talk to Estragon about what happened the day before with the tree and Pozzo and Lucky, Estragon tells him
4. Estragon and Vladimir continue to discuss Pozzo's helplessness in Act II. Vladimir gets excited about the fact that, for once, they
5. In the dialogue at the beginning of Act II, Vladimir talks Estragon into saying he is happy. Once Estragon makes the statement that he is happy, he asks Vladimir about what they should do now. Vladimir tells him they should
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)