|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the tree different in Act II?
(a) It has a few leaves.
(b) It is full of leaves and fruit.
(c) It has been chopped down.
(d) It has lost most of its branches.
2. As Pozzo and Lucky are leaving near the end of the play, Vladimir asks Pozzo what they do when they fall down and there is no one to help them. Pozzo tells him
(a) They beg for help until someone takes pity on them.
(b) They take the opportunity to take a nap.
(c) They pay someone to pick them up.
(d) They wait until they can get up.
3. Estragon gets excited because when Pozzo returns the next day, he thinks Pozzo
(a) Tells them they can wait for Godot at his home.
(b) Has brought Godot.
(c) Is actually Godot.
(d) Has brought them all dinner.
4. As Act I is ending, Vladimir tells Estragon that everything will be better tomorrow because
(a) They will be going on a trip.
(b) The boy told them that Godot will come tomorrow.
(c) They will be seeing Pozzo and Lucky.
(d) They will go to visit Mr. Godot.
5. In Act II, Estragon and Vladimir talk about the tree and the fact that it
(a) Had leaves yesterday, but now they are all gone.
(b) Was bare yesterday, but now has some leaves.
(c) Has been chopped down.
(d) Was bare yesterday, but now has some fruit.
Short Answer Questions
1. After talking about leaving in the second act, Estragon finally does leave but comes back immediately because
2. As the boy is about to leave at the end of Act I, he asks Vladimir what he should tell Mr. Godot. Vladimir tells him to tell Mr. Godot that
3. When Vladimir tries to talk to Estragon about what happened the day before with the tree and Pozzo and Lucky, Estragon tells him
4. When Estragon says he doesn't know why he was beaten at the beginning of Act II, Vladimir tells him
5. Vladimir asks Pozzo if he can ask Lucky to sing or recite before they leave near the end of the play. Pozzo tells him
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)