|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Estragon approaches Lucky in the second act and starts to kick him, he
(a) Breaks Lucky's arm.
(b) Hurts his foot.
(c) Suddenly feels bad for Lucky.
(d) Finishes by beating him up.
2. Estragon remembers some of the things that happened to him the day before, but he can't remember all of the pieces of the puzzle. Vladimir tries to remind him that
(a) He was kicked by a mule and had leftover bones from his chicken.
(b) He fell and found some bones buried under the tree.
(c) Someone beat him and threw old chicken bones at him.
(d) Lucky kicked him and Pozzo gave him the chicken bones.
3. Considering the possibility that they might have trouble hanging themselves, Estragon says that Vladimir could hang onto his legs. Vladimir asks him
(a) If he is really certain he wants to do this.
(b) Who would hang onto his (Vladimir's) legs.
(c) If he thinks the tree can hold them both.
(d) If he is sure that would work.
4. After talking about leaving in the second act, Estragon finally does leave but comes back immediately because
(a) He found Godot.
(b) "They" are coming.
(c) He is hungry.
(d) He is lonely for Vladimir.
5. Vladimir asks the boy if he is unhappy and, just as Act I is ending, the boy tells him that he
(a) Is very unhappy.
(b) Is very happy.
(c) Doesn't know if he is unhappy or not.
(d) Doesn't care if he is unhappy or happy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Just as Act I is ending,
2. In Act II, Vladimir tells Estragon that he woke him up
3. Toward the end of the first act, Estragon wonders if he and Vladimir
4. In Act II, Estragon and Vladimir talk about the tree and the fact that it
5. What is Estragon's reply when Vladimir tells him he cannot go barefoot in Act 1?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)