|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After all of the men say goodbye many times toward the end of Act 1, Pozzo and Lucky
(b) Decide to stay and meet Godot.
(d) Fall asleep.
2. After tormenting Lucky awhile, Pozzo decides to eat. In his belongings he has
(a) Chicken and wine.
(b) Ribs and beer.
(c) Lobster and coffee.
(d) Cheese and milk.
3. Several times during the play, the tree on stage is the subject of conversation. In the first act, Vladimir identifies the tree as a(an)
4. In Act I, when Pozzo first sees Estragon and Vladimir as he is entering the stage, he
(a) Pulls Lucky back on the stage.
(b) Invites Estragon and Vladimir to go with them.
(c) Follows Lucky off stage.
(d) Lets Lucky go and sits down.
5. When Estragon pushes Vladimir to tell him the story about the Englishman in the brothel, Vladimir
(a) Falls asleep.
(b) Tells Estragon the whole story.
(c) Tells him a different story.
(d) Refuses to tell the story and leaves the stage.
6. In Act I, when Vladimer and Estragon first encounter Pozzo and Lucky, Vladimir moves towards Lucky, but Pozzo says Lucky is
(a) Dangerous, especially toward strangers.
(b) Not very nice.
(c) Happy to make new friends.
(d) Very dirty and bad smelling.
7. In Act I, when Estragon and Vladimir are telling Pozzo about the fact they are waiting for Godot, Pozzo tells them he would be
(a) Upset if he met Godot because he doesn't like to meet new people.
(b) Happy to meet Godot because he likes meeting new people.
(c) Afraid to meet Godot because he doesn't like strangers.
(d) Angry if he met Godot because he has kept Estragon and Vladimir waiting.
8. Pozzo asks Estragon how old he thinks Vladimir is. Estragon tells him
(a) 50 years.
(b) 11 years.
(c) 21 years.
(d) 30 years.
9. Pozzo treats Lucky like a
(c) Wise man.
10. Who offers to give Lucky his hat so that he can perform at the end of Act I?
(c) A stranger walking across the stage
(d) The boy
11. During the course of the play, Estragon asks Vladimir if he is sure they are waiting in the right spot. In Act I, in response to Estragon's concern, Vladimir reminds him they were told to wait by the
(d) Water fountain.
12. While they are waiting for Godot, Estragon and Vladimir talk about
(a) Hanging themselves on the tree.
(b) Making new friends.
(c) Running away together.
(d) Moving far away from each other.
13. Pozzo tells Estragon and Vladimir that you can't drive creatures like Lucky away and that it would be better to
(a) Teach him a lesson.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Reward him.
(d) Trick him into leaving.
14. During a conversation in Act I, Estragon says he is hungry. Vladimir offers him
(a) Turnips and carrots.
(b) A potato.
(c) Chocolate and cookies.
(d) A drink.
15. According to Pozzo, Lucky calls the performance he gives at the end of Act I
(a) The Hornpipe.
(b) The Scapegoat's Agony.
(c) The Hard Stool.
(d) The Net.
Short Answer Questions
1. The two main characters in "Waiting for Godot" are
2. Responding to Pozzo's request for help sitting down, Estragon tells Pozzo that if he does not sit down, Pozzo will
3. In the first act, after Estragon falls asleep, Vladimir
4. When Pozzo asks Estragon what his name is, what name does Estragon give?
5. Lucky is clearly working extremely hard carrying packages and serving Pozzo. He is so exhausted that he finally
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)