|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act I, when Estragon and Vladimir are telling Pozzo about the fact they are waiting for Godot, Pozzo tells them he would be
(a) Afraid to meet Godot because he doesn't like strangers.
(b) Angry if he met Godot because he has kept Estragon and Vladimir waiting.
(c) Upset if he met Godot because he doesn't like to meet new people.
(d) Happy to meet Godot because he likes meeting new people.
2. When Pozzo first introduces himself, he tells Estragon and Vladimir that they are
(a) Very brave.
(b) On his land.
(c) Extremely foolish.
3. Pozzo treats Lucky like a
(a) Wise man.
4. When Lucky hears Pozzo talking to Estragon and Vladimir about the fair, he starts to
(b) Go to sleep.
(c) Run away.
5. Pozzo controls Lucky with
(a) A stick he beats him with.
(b) A long rope that goes around his neck and has created a large sore.
(c) His fists.
(d) A sword he threatens him with.
6. During the first act, when Estragon complains because Vladimir woke him up, Vladimir tells Estragon he woke him up because
(a) Estragon was snoring.
(b) He just felt like it.
(c) He felt lonely.
(d) It was Estragon's turn to keep watch.
7. Responding to Pozzo's request for help sitting down, Estragon tells Pozzo that if he does not sit down, Pozzo will
(a) Have to leave.
(b) Fall asleep standing up.
(c) Get bad cramps.
(d) Get pneumonia.
8. The main characters call each other
(a) Pozzo and Lucky.
(b) Gogo and Didi.
(c) Boy and Lucky.
(d) Estragon and Vladimir.
9. In Act I, when Pozzo first sees Estragon and Vladimir as he is entering the stage, he
(a) Lets Lucky go and sits down.
(b) Pulls Lucky back on the stage.
(c) Follows Lucky off stage.
(d) Invites Estragon and Vladimir to go with them.
10. During a conversation in Act I, Estragon says he is hungry. Vladimir offers him
(a) Chocolate and cookies.
(b) A potato.
(c) Turnips and carrots.
(d) A drink.
11. Estragan pities Lucky, so Pozzo gives him a
(a) Stick so that he can hit Lucky and stop him from crying.
(b) Whip so that he won't be afraid anymore.
(c) Stool so that he can give it Lucky and let him sit down.
(d) Handkerchief to comfort Lucky telling Estragon to wipe away his tears.
12. During one of the conservations about the Bible, Vladimir tells Estragon he should have been a
13. After Estragon repeatedly asks Pozzo to sit down, Pozzo finally does and then tells Estragon and Vladimir that he must
(a) Go to the bathroom.
(b) Feed Lucky.
(c) Leave immediately if he is to keep his schedule.
(d) Take a nap.
14. At the very beginning of Act I, Vladimir enters the stage where he finds Estragon. Vladimir asks him where he spent the night. Estragon tells him he spent the night
(a) At the Holiday Inn.
(b) In a ditch.
(c) On a bench.
(d) In the park.
15. What is the last thing Lucky does at end of Act I?
(a) He laughes at Estragon.
(b) He gives a long speech full of gibberish.
(c) He picks up his packages and waits silently.
(d) He falls asleep and takes a nap.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pozzo tells Estragon and Vladimir that the reason Lucky won't put the packages down is that Lucky wants to
2. Estragon tells Vladimir that if they try to hang themselves
3. While Pozzo is talking to Estragon and Vladimir in Act I, Pozzo tells them he is going to get rid of Lucky. Estragon and Vladimir
4. In Act I, when Vladimer and Estragon first encounter Pozzo and Lucky, Vladimir moves towards Lucky, but Pozzo says Lucky is
5. In Act I, Pozzo tells Estragon and Vladimir that if he were waiting for Godot, he would
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)