|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the play's notes, the action begins
(a) In a park in the evening.
(b) On a country road in the afternoon.
(c) In a park in the morning.
(d) On a country road in the evening.
2. While relaxing and smoking his pipe, Pozzo makes the philosophical observation that the second pipe
(a) Is sweet but not as sweet as the first.
(b) Is better shared with someone.
(c) Is even better than the first.
(d) Is really bad for your health.
3. When Estragon pushes Vladimir to tell him the story about the Englishman in the brothel, Vladimir
(a) Tells Estragon the whole story.
(b) Falls asleep.
(c) Refuses to tell the story and leaves the stage.
(d) Tells him a different story.
4. During a conversation in Act I, Estragon says he is hungry. Vladimir offers him
(a) A potato.
(b) A drink.
(c) Turnips and carrots.
(d) Chocolate and cookies.
5. Vladimir looks for a note about when Godot is to come in
(a) His pockets.
(b) His hat.
(c) His shoes.
(d) Estragon's pockets.
6. When Estragon starts to tell Vladimir about the dream he was having, Vladimir
(a) Keeps interrupting the story.
(b) Shouts for him to stop!
(c) Listens intently.
(d) Falls asleep.
7. After Pozzo finishes eating, what does Pozzo ask Lucky?
(a) If he would like something to eat.
(b) If he wants the chicken bones.
(c) If he is ready to leave.
(d) If he would like to relax and get some sleep.
8. Estragon tells Vladimir that if they try to hang themselves
(a) Everything will work exactly as they plan because it is a wonderful idea.
(b) It will be a great success.
(c) They will fail and live to regret it because they both will be hurt.
(d) He will die because he is light but that Didi will break the branch and will be left alive and alone.
9. When Pozzo first introduces himself, he tells Estragon and Vladimir that they are
(a) Very brave.
(b) On his land.
(d) Extremely foolish.
10. What does Estragon tell Vladimir happened to him during the night?
(a) He slept soundly and well.
(b) He watched the stars all night.
(c) He found some money and clothes.
(d) He was beaten.
11. After Estragon's leg is hurt, what does Pozzo tell him?
(a) That he will pay Estragon money to make up for it.
(b) That he doesn't care, and Estragon should stop complaining.
(c) That he had warned Estragon that Lucky didn't like strangers.
(d) That he is glad that Estragon got hurt.
12. Pozzo treats Lucky like a
(d) Wise man.
13. What does Estragon do as soon as his leg feels good enough to walk again in Act 1?
(a) He entertains the others by dancing.
(b) He walks over to Lucky and spits on him.
(c) He hugs Vladimir
(d) He walks over to Lucky and hugs him again.
14. During the conversation in Act I, after telling Estragon and Vladimir how terrible Lucky is, Pozzo
(a) Tells them everything he said was a lie.
(b) Tries to kidnap Estragon.
(c) Decides to turn him over to the police.
(d) Falls asleep and starts to snore.
15. After Estragon repeatedly asks Pozzo to sit down, Pozzo finally does and then tells Estragon and Vladimir that he must
(a) Leave immediately if he is to keep his schedule.
(b) Take a nap.
(c) Go to the bathroom.
(d) Feed Lucky.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Estragon remember about the Bible?
2. During one of the conservations about the Bible, Vladimir tells Estragon he should have been a
3. In Act I, the relationship between Pozzo and Lucky is demonstrated by the fact that each time Pozzo asks Lucky to bring him something, Lucky
4. Vladimir and Estragon talk about the crucifixion of Jesus and the different views of the four Evangelists who record that event. What is the topic that is described differently between the four Evangelists?
5. During their initial conversation in the first act, what does Estragon tell Vladimir is unbuttoned?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)