|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Estragon pushes Vladimir to tell him the story about the Englishman in the brothel, Vladimir
(a) Falls asleep.
(b) Tells him a different story.
(c) Tells Estragon the whole story.
(d) Refuses to tell the story and leaves the stage.
2. During one of the conservations about the Bible, Vladimir tells Estragon he should have been a
3. What is the last thing Lucky does at end of Act I?
(a) He laughes at Estragon.
(b) He gives a long speech full of gibberish.
(c) He falls asleep and takes a nap.
(d) He picks up his packages and waits silently.
4. Pozzo treats Lucky like a
(c) Wise man.
5. When Estragon complains that he will never walk again, Vladimir tells Estragon that, if necessary, he will
(a) Carry him.
(b) Hit him.
(c) Hit Lucky.
(d) Wait for his leg to heal.
6. In Act I, when Estragon and Vladimir are telling Pozzo about the fact they are waiting for Godot, Pozzo tells them he would be
(a) Upset if he met Godot because he doesn't like to meet new people.
(b) Angry if he met Godot because he has kept Estragon and Vladimir waiting.
(c) Happy to meet Godot because he likes meeting new people.
(d) Afraid to meet Godot because he doesn't like strangers.
7. During their initial conversation in the first act, what does Estragon tell Vladimir is unbuttoned?
(a) The buttons on his pocket.
(b) The buttons on his fly.
(c) The buttons on his shoes.
(d) The buttons on his shirt.
8. During the first act, when Estragon complains because Vladimir woke him up, Vladimir tells Estragon he woke him up because
(a) He felt lonely.
(b) Estragon was snoring.
(c) It was Estragon's turn to keep watch.
(d) He just felt like it.
9. What does Estragon remember about the Bible?
(a) Descriptions of the desert.
(b) The maps and pretty colors.
(c) Moses and the Ten Commandments.
(d) The temples.
10. At times throughout the play, both Estragon and Vladimir talk about leaving the place where they are waiting, but they do not. Why not?
(a) The are happy in this place.
(b) They are looking for money.
(c) They are watching all the people walking by.
(d) They are waiting for Godot.
11. In Act 1, Pozzo asks Estragon and Vladimir how he can help them since they are having such a dull time. Estragon tells Pozzo
(a) That 10 francs would be fine.
(b) To leave them alone.
(c) That he is hungry.
(d) That he has no place to sleep.
12. In Act I, the relationship between Pozzo and Lucky is demonstrated by the fact that each time Pozzo asks Lucky to bring him something, Lucky
(a) Ignores Pozzo and continues to sleep.
(b) Puts each parcel down, brings the item to Pozzo, and picks up each package again.
(c) Begs Estragon and Vladimir to help him.
(d) Pulls at the rope trying to run away.
13. What is the most significant thing on the stage? It is talked about several times during the play.
(a) Some rocks.
(b) The tree.
(c) Park benches.
(d) The dirt.
14. When Estragon starts to tell Vladimir about the dream he was having, Vladimir
(a) Listens intently.
(b) Keeps interrupting the story.
(c) Shouts for him to stop!
(d) Falls asleep.
15. When Estragon and Vladimir first see Pozzo and Lucky, they
(a) Are frightened and huddle together.
(b) They don't pay any attention to them.
(c) They are happy to have company and go to greet them.
(d) They are surprised, so they run away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Estragon tell Vladimir happened to him during the night?
2. The main characters call each other
3. When Lucky hears Pozzo talking to Estragon and Vladimir about the fair, he starts to
4. Estragon and Vladimir want to find out why Lucky won't put his packages down. Finally, Pozzo understands the question and tells them that Lucky
5. According to Pozzo, Lucky calls the performance he gives at the end of Act I
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)