|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After tormenting Lucky awhile, Pozzo decides to eat. In his belongings he has
(a) Ribs and beer.
(b) Lobster and coffee.
(c) Cheese and milk.
(d) Chicken and wine.
2. What does Estragon remember about the Bible?
(a) The temples.
(b) Descriptions of the desert.
(c) Moses and the Ten Commandments.
(d) The maps and pretty colors.
3. In the first act, after Estragon falls asleep, Vladimir
(a) Lies down next to him.
(b) Wanders off.
(c) Reads the papers in his pockets.
(d) Wakes him up abruptly.
4. Pozzo tells Estragon and Vladimir that the reason Lucky won't put the packages down is that Lucky wants to
(a) Sell the packages and make some money.
(b) Trick Pozzo so that he can keep the packages.
(c) Impress Pozzo so that Pozzo won't get rid of him.
(d) Steal the packages and run away.
5. Pozzo tells Estragon and Vladimir that you can't drive creatures like Lucky away and that it would be better to
(a) Teach him a lesson.
(b) Trick him into leaving.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Reward him.
6. Who offers to give Lucky his hat so that he can perform at the end of Act I?
(a) The boy
(d) A stranger walking across the stage
7. What does Estragon tell Vladimir happened to him during the night?
(a) He was beaten.
(b) He slept soundly and well.
(c) He watched the stars all night.
(d) He found some money and clothes.
8. Act I starts with a meandering conversation between the two main characters who talk about a variety of subjects. They do NOT talk about
(a) Going to America.
(b) Places they have been, like the Eiffel Tower.
(c) Their pain.
(d) The Bible.
9. Vladimir looks for a note about when Godot is to come in
(a) His pockets.
(b) His shoes.
(c) Estragon's pockets.
(d) His hat.
10. In Act I, Pozzo tells Estragon and Vladimir that if he were waiting for Godot, he would
(a) Sleep until Godot came.
(b) Wait until it was very late at night before he would leave.
(c) Leave immediately since it was obvious Godot was not coming.
(d) Pay someone to stay there and come and get him when Godot arrived.
11. When Act I opens, Estragon is
(a) Trying to pull his boot off.
(c) Staring off into space.
(d) Making castles in the dirt.
12. When Pozzo tells Estragon and Vladimir they are trespassing, they reply that
(a) They would be happy leave immediately.
(b) They are lost and have no idea where they are.
(c) That is just too bad because it is a free country.
(d) They just thought they were on a public road and meant no harm.
13. When Estragon and Vladimir first see Pozzo and Lucky, they
(a) They are surprised, so they run away.
(b) Are frightened and huddle together.
(c) They don't pay any attention to them.
(d) They are happy to have company and go to greet them.
14. Upon first encountering Pozzo, Estragon wants to know if he is
(b) Also waiting for Godot.
(c) Here to bring news of Godot.
15. During their discussion about when Godot is supposed to come, Vladimir and Estragon are certain about
(b) Where he is coming from.
(c) The day he is coming.
(d) The time he is coming.
Short Answer Questions
1. After some time observing Lucky and the relationship he has with Pozzo, at the end of Act I, it is clear that Lucky is
2. In Act I, the relationship between Pozzo and Lucky is demonstrated by the fact that each time Pozzo asks Lucky to bring him something, Lucky
3. Pozzo treats Lucky like a
4. Estragon tells Vladimir that if they try to hang themselves
5. After Pozzo finishes eating, what does Pozzo ask Lucky?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)