|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lucky is clearly working extremely hard carrying packages and serving Pozzo. He is so exhausted that he finally
(a) Falls asleep under the tree.
(b) Begs for coffee so that he can stop feeling sleepy.
(c) Falls asleep standing up.
(d) Lays down and falls asleep.
2. During the conversation about Lucky and the packages, Pozzo yanks on the rope to get his attention and calls him a
(a) Pig and a hog.
(c) Good friend.
(d) Lazy bum.
3. In Act I, when Estragon and Vladimir are telling Pozzo about the fact they are waiting for Godot, Pozzo tells them he would be
(a) Afraid to meet Godot because he doesn't like strangers.
(b) Happy to meet Godot because he likes meeting new people.
(c) Upset if he met Godot because he doesn't like to meet new people.
(d) Angry if he met Godot because he has kept Estragon and Vladimir waiting.
4. After eating and disposing of the chicken bones, Pozzo finally decides to relax and
(a) Have an after dinner mint.
(b) Take a quick nap.
(c) Listen to some music.
(d) Smoke his pipe.
5. What does Estragon do as soon as his leg feels good enough to walk again in Act 1?
(a) He walks over to Lucky and spits on him.
(b) He hugs Vladimir
(c) He entertains the others by dancing.
(d) He walks over to Lucky and hugs him again.
6. Responding to Pozzo's request for help sitting down, Estragon tells Pozzo that if he does not sit down, Pozzo will
(a) Fall asleep standing up.
(b) Have to leave.
(c) Get bad cramps.
(d) Get pneumonia.
7. During the course of the play, Estragon asks Vladimir if he is sure they are waiting in the right spot. In Act I, in response to Estragon's concern, Vladimir reminds him they were told to wait by the
(a) Water fountain.
8. After some time observing Lucky and the relationship he has with Pozzo, at the end of Act I, it is clear that Lucky is
(a) Very content to be working for Pozzo.
(b) Unwilling or unable to do anything to change his life.
(c) Begging for help from Estragon and Vladimir.
(d) Waiting for his chance to run away.
9. Estragon and Vladimir want to find out why Lucky won't put his packages down. Finally, Pozzo understands the question and tells them that Lucky
(a) Is trying to steal the packages.
(b) Wants to give the packages to Estragon and Vladimir.
(c) Is afraid someone will steal the packages.
(d) Has the right to put his packages down but chooses not to.
10. What does Estragon remember about the Bible?
(a) The temples.
(b) Moses and the Ten Commandments.
(c) Descriptions of the desert.
(d) The maps and pretty colors.
11. In Act I, the relationship between Pozzo and Lucky is demonstrated by the fact that each time Pozzo asks Lucky to bring him something, Lucky
(a) Ignores Pozzo and continues to sleep.
(b) Begs Estragon and Vladimir to help him.
(c) Puts each parcel down, brings the item to Pozzo, and picks up each package again.
(d) Pulls at the rope trying to run away.
12. According to Pozzo, Lucky calls the performance he gives at the end of Act I
(a) The Scapegoat's Agony.
(b) The Hornpipe.
(c) The Net.
(d) The Hard Stool.
13. Vladimir and Estragon talk about the crucifixion of Jesus and the different views of the four Evangelists who record that event. What is the topic that is described differently between the four Evangelists?
(a) They disagree about the weather on the day of the crucifixion.
(b) They disagree about what Jesus was wearing on that day.
(c) The record different people who came to watch.
(d) They have conflicting views of the role of the thieves.
14. Several times during the beginning of the first act, Vladimir keeps taking off and putting back on his
15. The main characters call each other
(a) Gogo and Didi.
(b) Boy and Lucky.
(c) Estragon and Vladimir.
(d) Pozzo and Lucky.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the very beginning of Act I, Vladimir enters the stage where he finds Estragon. Vladimir asks him where he spent the night. Estragon tells him he spent the night
2. During their initial conversation in the first act, what does Estragon tell Vladimir is unbuttoned?
3. When Estragon complains that he will never walk again, Vladimir tells Estragon that, if necessary, he will
4. During the course of the play, Estragon and Vladimir encounter two people who are traveling together, Pozzo and Lucky. It is clear that
5. When Lucky comes on stage for the first time, he is
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)