|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After some time observing Lucky and the relationship he has with Pozzo, at the end of Act I, it is clear that Lucky is
(a) Very content to be working for Pozzo.
(b) Unwilling or unable to do anything to change his life.
(c) Begging for help from Estragon and Vladimir.
(d) Waiting for his chance to run away.
2. After Estragon repeatedly asks Pozzo to sit down, Pozzo finally does and then tells Estragon and Vladimir that he must
(a) Go to the bathroom.
(b) Leave immediately if he is to keep his schedule.
(c) Feed Lucky.
(d) Take a nap.
3. When Lucky comes on stage for the first time, he is
(a) Carrying many parcels and packages.
(b) Carrying a goat.
(c) Carrying Pozzo.
(d) Pulling a cart.
4. During a conversation in Act I, Estragon says he is hungry. Vladimir offers him
(a) Chocolate and cookies.
(b) A potato.
(c) A drink.
(d) Turnips and carrots.
5. During their initial conversation in the first act, what does Estragon tell Vladimir is unbuttoned?
(a) The buttons on his pocket.
(b) The buttons on his shirt.
(c) The buttons on his fly.
(d) The buttons on his shoes.
6. Vladimir and Estragon talk about the crucifixion of Jesus and the different views of the four Evangelists who record that event. What is the topic that is described differently between the four Evangelists?
(a) They have conflicting views of the role of the thieves.
(b) They disagree about what Jesus was wearing on that day.
(c) The record different people who came to watch.
(d) They disagree about the weather on the day of the crucifixion.
7. When Vladimir goes off stage to go to the bathroom, Estragon asks Pozzo to come and look at something. Together they look at
(a) Something, but the reader is never told what it is.
(b) A circus coming down the street.
(c) Some people playing games.
(d) A clock in the town square.
8. At the very beginning of Act I, Vladimir enters the stage where he finds Estragon. Vladimir asks him where he spent the night. Estragon tells him he spent the night
(a) In the park.
(b) In a ditch.
(c) On a bench.
(d) At the Holiday Inn.
9. During the conversation in Act I, after telling Estragon and Vladimir how terrible Lucky is, Pozzo
(a) Decides to turn him over to the police.
(b) Tries to kidnap Estragon.
(c) Falls asleep and starts to snore.
(d) Tells them everything he said was a lie.
10. Several times during the play, the tree on stage is the subject of conversation. In the first act, Vladimir identifies the tree as a(an)
11. Pozzo tells Estragon and Vladimir that he is taking Lucky to the fair to
(a) Sell him for a good price.
(b) Have a good time.
(c) Buy new clothes and shoes.
(d) Buy another servant.
12. In Act I, when Vladimer and Estragon first encounter Pozzo and Lucky, Vladimir moves towards Lucky, but Pozzo says Lucky is
(a) Very dirty and bad smelling.
(b) Not very nice.
(c) Dangerous, especially toward strangers.
(d) Happy to make new friends.
13. When Pozzo tells Estragon and Vladimir they are trespassing, they reply that
(a) They just thought they were on a public road and meant no harm.
(b) They would be happy leave immediately.
(c) That is just too bad because it is a free country.
(d) They are lost and have no idea where they are.
14. What is the most significant thing on the stage? It is talked about several times during the play.
(a) The tree.
(b) Some rocks.
(c) The dirt.
(d) Park benches.
15. A piece of costuming that Estragon, Vladimir, Pozzo, and Lucky wear throughout the play is a
(a) Silver buckle.
(b) Pair of shorts.
(c) Long-sleeve shirt.
(d) Hat (bowler).
Short Answer Questions
1. While they are waiting for Godot, Estragon and Vladimir talk about
2. What does Estragon remember about the Bible?
3. During one of the conservations about the Bible, Vladimir tells Estragon he should have been a
4. In Act I, when Pozzo first sees Estragon and Vladimir as he is entering the stage, he
5. When Estragon complains that he will never walk again, Vladimir tells Estragon that, if necessary, he will
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)