|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first time Pozzo and Lucky meet Estragon and Vladimir in Act I, Pozzo tells Estragon and Vladimir that Lucky
(a) Taught him beautiful things.
(b) Doesn't want to stay there.
(c) Wants to escape.
(d) Told him many secrets.
2. While Pozzo is talking to Estragon and Vladimir in Act I, Pozzo tells them he is going to get rid of Lucky. Estragon and Vladimir
(a) Offer to buy Lucky.
(b) Pay no attention to either Pozzo or Lucky.
(c) Leave the stage.
(d) Are shocked that he would want to get rid of such a faithful servant.
3. During the first act, when Estragon complains because Vladimir woke him up, Vladimir tells Estragon he woke him up because
(a) It was Estragon's turn to keep watch.
(b) He just felt like it.
(c) Estragon was snoring.
(d) He felt lonely.
4. When Pozzo observes that Lucky has stopped crying, but Estragon is now crying. Pozzo explains that
(a) Everybody in the world is crying.
(b) There is a constant quantity of tears and laughter in the world and that when one person stops laughing or crying, another can laugh or cry.
(c) People cry when they are unhappy.
(d) Crying is a normal and natural response to pain.
5. Who offers to give Lucky his hat so that he can perform at the end of Act I?
(a) The boy
(d) A stranger walking across the stage
6. When Estragon and Vladimir first discuss the tree, they notice it is
(a) Full of leaves.
(c) Badly splintered.
(d) Full of fruit.
7. During their discussion about when Godot is supposed to come, Vladimir and Estragon are certain about
(a) Where he is coming from.
(b) The time he is coming.
(c) The day he is coming.
8. During one of the conservations about the Bible, Vladimir tells Estragon he should have been a
9. During the conversation about Lucky and the packages, Pozzo yanks on the rope to get his attention and calls him a
(a) Good friend.
(b) Pig and a hog.
(c) Lazy bum.
10. At times throughout the play, both Estragon and Vladimir talk about leaving the place where they are waiting, but they do not. Why not?
(a) They are looking for money.
(b) They are watching all the people walking by.
(c) The are happy in this place.
(d) They are waiting for Godot.
11. Pozzo tells Estragon and Vladimir that he is taking Lucky to the fair to
(a) Sell him for a good price.
(b) Have a good time.
(c) Buy another servant.
(d) Buy new clothes and shoes.
12. The two main characters in the play are waiting for
(b) the Boy.
13. When Pozzo first introduces himself, he tells Estragon and Vladimir that they are
(a) Extremely foolish.
(c) Very brave.
(d) On his land.
14. In the first Act, Pozzo tells Estragon and Vladimir that Lucky is driving him mad. Estragon and Vladimir
(a) Turn on Lucky and chastise him.
(b) Leave the stage.
(c) Tell Pozzo he is foolish.
(d) Tell Pozzo to leave Lucky with them.
15. During the first act, Vladimir leaves the stage to go to the bathroom. When Vladimir returns, Estragon tries to start a conversation. He acknowledges that Vladimir is angry and wants the anger to go away. They end up
Short Answer Questions
1. Pozzo controls Lucky with
2. Before Pozzo and Lucky leave Estragon and Vladimir at the end of Act I, Pozzo, Estragon, and Vladimir get Lucky to
3. When Estragon complains that he will never walk again, Vladimir tells Estragon that, if necessary, he will
4. At the very beginning of Act I, Vladimir enters the stage where he finds Estragon. Vladimir asks him where he spent the night. Estragon tells him he spent the night
5. When Estragon pushes Vladimir to tell him the story about the Englishman in the brothel, Vladimir
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)