|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before Pozzo and Lucky leave Estragon and Vladimir at the end of Act I, Pozzo, Estragon, and Vladimir get Lucky to
(a) Turn cartwheels.
(d) Sleep standing up.
2. During the first act, when Estragon complains because Vladimir woke him up, Vladimir tells Estragon he woke him up because
(a) It was Estragon's turn to keep watch.
(b) He just felt like it.
(c) He felt lonely.
(d) Estragon was snoring.
3. During one of the conservations about the Bible, Vladimir tells Estragon he should have been a
4. After Lucky reacts to Estragon's attempt to make him feel better, Estragon then reacts by
(a) Giving Lucky a hug.
(b) Kicking him really hard.
(d) Dramatically claiming he is crippled.
5. After eating and disposing of the chicken bones, Pozzo finally decides to relax and
(a) Have an after dinner mint.
(b) Listen to some music.
(c) Take a quick nap.
(d) Smoke his pipe.
6. During the conversation about Lucky and the packages, Pozzo yanks on the rope to get his attention and calls him a
(a) Pig and a hog.
(b) Lazy bum.
(c) Good friend.
7. During a conversation in Act I, Estragon says he is hungry. Vladimir offers him
(a) A drink.
(b) Chocolate and cookies.
(c) Turnips and carrots.
(d) A potato.
8. During their discussion about when Godot is supposed to come, Vladimir and Estragon are certain about
(a) The day he is coming.
(b) Where he is coming from.
(c) The time he is coming.
9. Vladimir tells Estragon that if they hang themselves from the tree, they will have
(a) A migraine.
(b) An erection.
(c) A new way of looking at life.
(d) A stomach ache.
10. Pozzo treats Lucky like a
(d) Wise man.
11. The first time Pozzo and Lucky meet Estragon and Vladimir in Act I, Pozzo tells Estragon and Vladimir that Lucky
(a) Wants to escape.
(b) Doesn't want to stay there.
(c) Taught him beautiful things.
(d) Told him many secrets.
12. In Act I, Pozzo tells Estragon and Vladimir that if he were waiting for Godot, he would
(a) Leave immediately since it was obvious Godot was not coming.
(b) Wait until it was very late at night before he would leave.
(c) Pay someone to stay there and come and get him when Godot arrived.
(d) Sleep until Godot came.
13. Who offers to give Lucky his hat so that he can perform at the end of Act I?
(c) A stranger walking across the stage
(d) The boy
14. In the first act, after Estragon falls asleep, Vladimir
(a) Lies down next to him.
(b) Wakes him up abruptly.
(c) Wanders off.
(d) Reads the papers in his pockets.
15. Estragon and Vladimir talk about what they asked Godot for and recall asking him for
(b) A place to live.
(c) Nothing specific.
(d) Good health.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Vladimir talks about leaving, Pozzo asks him what will happen to his appointment with Godot because he believes Godot
2. While they are waiting for Godot, Estragon and Vladimir talk about
3. After all of the men say goodbye many times toward the end of Act 1, Pozzo and Lucky
4. Several times during the beginning of the first act, Vladimir keeps taking off and putting back on his
5. The two main characters in the play are waiting for
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)