|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Estragan pities Lucky, so Pozzo gives him a
(a) Handkerchief to comfort Lucky telling Estragon to wipe away his tears.
(b) Stool so that he can give it Lucky and let him sit down.
(c) Whip so that he won't be afraid anymore.
(d) Stick so that he can hit Lucky and stop him from crying.
2. In Act I, when Vladimer and Estragon first encounter Pozzo and Lucky, Vladimir moves towards Lucky, but Pozzo says Lucky is
(a) Happy to make new friends.
(b) Very dirty and bad smelling.
(c) Not very nice.
(d) Dangerous, especially toward strangers.
3. In the first act, Estragon exclaims that Vladimir smells of
4. After Lucky reacts to Estragon's attempt to make him feel better, Estragon then reacts by
(a) Dramatically claiming he is crippled.
(b) Kicking him really hard.
(c) Giving Lucky a hug.
5. Pozzo controls Lucky with
(a) A stick he beats him with.
(b) His fists.
(c) A long rope that goes around his neck and has created a large sore.
(d) A sword he threatens him with.
6. During their initial conversation in the first act, what does Estragon tell Vladimir is unbuttoned?
(a) The buttons on his fly.
(b) The buttons on his shirt.
(c) The buttons on his pocket.
(d) The buttons on his shoes.
7. In Act I, when Pozzo first sees Estragon and Vladimir as he is entering the stage, he
(a) Lets Lucky go and sits down.
(b) Invites Estragon and Vladimir to go with them.
(c) Follows Lucky off stage.
(d) Pulls Lucky back on the stage.
8. In Act I, when Estragon and Vladimir are telling Pozzo about the fact they are waiting for Godot, Pozzo tells them he would be
(a) Upset if he met Godot because he doesn't like to meet new people.
(b) Afraid to meet Godot because he doesn't like strangers.
(c) Happy to meet Godot because he likes meeting new people.
(d) Angry if he met Godot because he has kept Estragon and Vladimir waiting.
9. During one of the conservations about the Bible, Vladimir tells Estragon he should have been a
10. According to the play's notes, the action begins
(a) In a park in the morning.
(b) In a park in the evening.
(c) On a country road in the evening.
(d) On a country road in the afternoon.
11. When Estragon starts to tell Vladimir about the dream he was having, Vladimir
(a) Keeps interrupting the story.
(b) Listens intently.
(c) Falls asleep.
(d) Shouts for him to stop!
12. In the first Act, Pozzo tells Estragon and Vladimir that Lucky is driving him mad. Estragon and Vladimir
(a) Tell Pozzo to leave Lucky with them.
(b) Turn on Lucky and chastise him.
(c) Leave the stage.
(d) Tell Pozzo he is foolish.
13. After Estragon's leg is hurt, what does Pozzo tell him?
(a) That he will pay Estragon money to make up for it.
(b) That he doesn't care, and Estragon should stop complaining.
(c) That he is glad that Estragon got hurt.
(d) That he had warned Estragon that Lucky didn't like strangers.
14. At the very beginning of Act I, Vladimir enters the stage where he finds Estragon. Vladimir asks him where he spent the night. Estragon tells him he spent the night
(a) In the park.
(b) On a bench.
(c) At the Holiday Inn.
(d) In a ditch.
15. During the conversation about Lucky and the packages, Pozzo yanks on the rope to get his attention and calls him a
(a) Pig and a hog.
(c) Good friend.
(d) Lazy bum.
Short Answer Questions
1. Estragon and Vladimir want to find out why Lucky won't put his packages down. Finally, Pozzo understands the question and tells them that Lucky
2. After all of the men say goodbye many times toward the end of Act 1, Pozzo and Lucky
3. What is the last thing Lucky does at end of Act I?
4. Before Pozzo and Lucky leave Estragon and Vladimir at the end of Act I, Pozzo, Estragon, and Vladimir get Lucky to
5. After tormenting Lucky awhile, Pozzo decides to eat. In his belongings he has
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)