|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Estragon and Vladimir first see Pozzo and Lucky, they
(a) Are frightened and huddle together.
(b) They are happy to have company and go to greet them.
(c) They don't pay any attention to them.
(d) They are surprised, so they run away.
2. Estragon and Vladimir talk about what they asked Godot for and recall asking him for
(a) A place to live.
(b) Good health.
(d) Nothing specific.
3. After Pozzo finishes eating, what does Pozzo ask Lucky?
(a) If he would like to relax and get some sleep.
(b) If he would like something to eat.
(c) If he is ready to leave.
(d) If he wants the chicken bones.
4. The two main characters in the play are waiting for
(c) the Boy.
5. Vladimir looks for a note about when Godot is to come in
(a) His pockets.
(b) His shoes.
(c) Estragon's pockets.
(d) His hat.
6. Before Pozzo and Lucky leave Estragon and Vladimir at the end of Act I, Pozzo, Estragon, and Vladimir get Lucky to
(a) Sleep standing up.
(d) Turn cartwheels.
7. What is the most significant thing on the stage? It is talked about several times during the play.
(a) Park benches.
(b) The tree.
(c) Some rocks.
(d) The dirt.
8. A piece of costuming that Estragon, Vladimir, Pozzo, and Lucky wear throughout the play is a
(a) Silver buckle.
(b) Pair of shorts.
(c) Long-sleeve shirt.
(d) Hat (bowler).
9. During a conversation in Act I, Estragon says he is hungry. Vladimir offers him
(a) Chocolate and cookies.
(b) A drink.
(c) A potato.
(d) Turnips and carrots.
10. Several times during the play, the tree on stage is the subject of conversation. In the first act, Vladimir identifies the tree as a(an)
11. What is the fundamental relationship between Pozzo and Lucky?
(a) They just met.
(b) Lucky serves Pozzo and is dependent on him.
(c) They are good friends.
(d) Pozzo serves Lucky and is dependent on him.
12. When Lucky hears Pozzo talking to Estragon and Vladimir about the fair, he starts to
(b) Run away.
(d) Go to sleep.
13. During the first act, Vladimir leaves the stage to go to the bathroom. When Vladimir returns, Estragon tries to start a conversation. He acknowledges that Vladimir is angry and wants the anger to go away. They end up
14. Upon first encountering Pozzo, Estragon wants to know if he is
(a) Here to bring news of Godot.
(d) Also waiting for Godot.
15. The first time Pozzo and Lucky meet Estragon and Vladimir in Act I, Pozzo tells Estragon and Vladimir that Lucky
(a) Told him many secrets.
(b) Doesn't want to stay there.
(c) Taught him beautiful things.
(d) Wants to escape.
Short Answer Questions
1. After all of the men say goodbye many times toward the end of Act 1, Pozzo and Lucky
2. Estragon tells Vladimir that if they try to hang themselves
3. What does Estragon remember about the Bible?
4. While they are waiting for Godot, Estragon and Vladimir talk about
5. During the first act, when Estragon complains because Vladimir woke him up, Vladimir tells Estragon he woke him up because
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)