|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pozzo treats Lucky like a
(b) Wise man.
2. In Act I, the relationship between Pozzo and Lucky is demonstrated by the fact that each time Pozzo asks Lucky to bring him something, Lucky
(a) Pulls at the rope trying to run away.
(b) Ignores Pozzo and continues to sleep.
(c) Begs Estragon and Vladimir to help him.
(d) Puts each parcel down, brings the item to Pozzo, and picks up each package again.
3. Instead of leading him with the rope, Pozzo drives Lucky forward with a
4. Estragon and Vladimir want to find out why Lucky won't put his packages down. Finally, Pozzo understands the question and tells them that Lucky
(a) Is afraid someone will steal the packages.
(b) Has the right to put his packages down but chooses not to.
(c) Is trying to steal the packages.
(d) Wants to give the packages to Estragon and Vladimir.
5. During their discussion about when Godot is supposed to come, Vladimir and Estragon are certain about
(a) Where he is coming from.
(b) The time he is coming.
(d) The day he is coming.
6. When Estragon and Vladimir first see Pozzo and Lucky, they
(a) They don't pay any attention to them.
(b) They are surprised, so they run away.
(c) Are frightened and huddle together.
(d) They are happy to have company and go to greet them.
7. During the first act, Vladimir leaves the stage to go to the bathroom. When Vladimir returns, Estragon tries to start a conversation. He acknowledges that Vladimir is angry and wants the anger to go away. They end up
8. While they are waiting for Godot, Estragon and Vladimir talk about
(a) Hanging themselves on the tree.
(b) Making new friends.
(c) Running away together.
(d) Moving far away from each other.
9. Pozzo controls Lucky with
(a) His fists.
(b) A sword he threatens him with.
(c) A long rope that goes around his neck and has created a large sore.
(d) A stick he beats him with.
10. In Act I, when Vladimer and Estragon first encounter Pozzo and Lucky, Vladimir moves towards Lucky, but Pozzo says Lucky is
(a) Very dirty and bad smelling.
(b) Dangerous, especially toward strangers.
(c) Not very nice.
(d) Happy to make new friends.
11. During one of the conservations about the Bible, Vladimir tells Estragon he should have been a
12. Vladimir and Estragon talk about the crucifixion of Jesus and the different views of the four Evangelists who record that event. What is the topic that is described differently between the four Evangelists?
(a) They disagree about what Jesus was wearing on that day.
(b) They disagree about the weather on the day of the crucifixion.
(c) They have conflicting views of the role of the thieves.
(d) The record different people who came to watch.
13. After Pozzo has finished eating, Estragon asks him
(a) If he can have the chicken bones.
(b) If he can have some wine.
(c) If Pozzo has some other kinds of food.
(d) If there is any more to eat.
14. Responding to Pozzo's request for help sitting down, Estragon tells Pozzo that if he does not sit down, Pozzo will
(a) Get bad cramps.
(b) Fall asleep standing up.
(c) Have to leave.
(d) Get pneumonia.
15. In Act I, when Pozzo first sees Estragon and Vladimir as he is entering the stage, he
(a) Invites Estragon and Vladimir to go with them.
(b) Pulls Lucky back on the stage.
(c) Lets Lucky go and sits down.
(d) Follows Lucky off stage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Vladimir tells Estragon that if they hang themselves from the tree, they will have
2. Pozzo asks Estragon how old he thinks Vladimir is. Estragon tells him
3. After Estragon repeatedly asks Pozzo to sit down, Pozzo finally does and then tells Estragon and Vladimir that he must
4. When Estragon starts to tell Vladimir about the dream he was having, Vladimir
5. During their initial conversation in the first act, what does Estragon tell Vladimir is unbuttoned?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)