|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Estragon and Vladimir first discuss the tree, they notice it is
(a) Full of fruit.
(b) Badly splintered.
(c) Full of leaves.
2. According to the play's notes, the action begins
(a) In a park in the evening.
(b) On a country road in the afternoon.
(c) In a park in the morning.
(d) On a country road in the evening.
3. When Estragon pushes Vladimir to tell him the story about the Englishman in the brothel, Vladimir
(a) Refuses to tell the story and leaves the stage.
(b) Falls asleep.
(c) Tells him a different story.
(d) Tells Estragon the whole story.
4. What does Estragon remember about the Bible?
(a) The maps and pretty colors.
(b) The temples.
(c) Moses and the Ten Commandments.
(d) Descriptions of the desert.
5. The first time Pozzo and Lucky meet Estragon and Vladimir in Act I, Pozzo tells Estragon and Vladimir that Lucky
(a) Wants to escape.
(b) Told him many secrets.
(c) Doesn't want to stay there.
(d) Taught him beautiful things.
6. In the first Act, Pozzo tells Estragon and Vladimir that Lucky is driving him mad. Estragon and Vladimir
(a) Tell Pozzo he is foolish.
(b) Tell Pozzo to leave Lucky with them.
(c) Leave the stage.
(d) Turn on Lucky and chastise him.
7. Responding to Pozzo's request for help sitting down, Estragon tells Pozzo that if he does not sit down, Pozzo will
(a) Fall asleep standing up.
(b) Have to leave.
(c) Get bad cramps.
(d) Get pneumonia.
8. During the first part of Act I, Estragon keeps looking for something that he doesn't find in what?
(a) His shoes.
(b) His hat.
(c) The sky.
(d) The tree.
9. When Lucky comes on stage for the first time, he is
(a) Carrying Pozzo.
(b) Carrying a goat.
(c) Carrying many parcels and packages.
(d) Pulling a cart.
10. During the first act, when Estragon complains because Vladimir woke him up, Vladimir tells Estragon he woke him up because
(a) He felt lonely.
(b) He just felt like it.
(c) It was Estragon's turn to keep watch.
(d) Estragon was snoring.
11. Pozzo tells Estragon and Vladimir that the reason Lucky won't put the packages down is that Lucky wants to
(a) Steal the packages and run away.
(b) Trick Pozzo so that he can keep the packages.
(c) Impress Pozzo so that Pozzo won't get rid of him.
(d) Sell the packages and make some money.
12. While they are waiting for Godot, Estragon and Vladimir talk about
(a) Hanging themselves on the tree.
(b) Making new friends.
(c) Running away together.
(d) Moving far away from each other.
13. When Pozzo first introduces himself, he tells Estragon and Vladimir that they are
(a) On his land.
(b) Extremely foolish.
(d) Very brave.
14. Upon first encountering Pozzo, Estragon wants to know if he is
(b) Here to bring news of Godot.
(c) Also waiting for Godot.
15. Pozzo controls Lucky with
(a) A stick he beats him with.
(b) A sword he threatens him with.
(c) A long rope that goes around his neck and has created a large sore.
(d) His fists.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Pozzo, Lucky calls the performance he gives at the end of Act I
2. Estragon and Vladimir want to find out why Lucky won't put his packages down. Finally, Pozzo understands the question and tells them that Lucky
3. During the first part of Act I, Vladimir keeps looking for something that he doesn't find in what?
4. What does Estragon do as soon as his leg feels good enough to walk again in Act 1?
5. When Pozzo tells Estragon to give Lucky his hat so Lucky can entertain them, Estragon says
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)