|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The main characters call each other
(a) Estragon and Vladimir.
(b) Boy and Lucky.
(c) Gogo and Didi.
(d) Pozzo and Lucky.
2. What is the fundamental relationship between Pozzo and Lucky?
(a) They just met.
(b) Pozzo serves Lucky and is dependent on him.
(c) They are good friends.
(d) Lucky serves Pozzo and is dependent on him.
3. According to the play's notes, the action begins
(a) In a park in the morning.
(b) On a country road in the evening.
(c) In a park in the evening.
(d) On a country road in the afternoon.
4. When Estragon and Vladimir first discuss the tree, they notice it is
(b) Badly splintered.
(c) Full of leaves.
(d) Full of fruit.
5. Vladimir and Estragon talk about the crucifixion of Jesus and the different views of the four Evangelists who record that event. What is the topic that is described differently between the four Evangelists?
(a) They disagree about the weather on the day of the crucifixion.
(b) They have conflicting views of the role of the thieves.
(c) They disagree about what Jesus was wearing on that day.
(d) The record different people who came to watch.
6. During their initial conversation in the first act, what does Estragon tell Vladimir is unbuttoned?
(a) The buttons on his shirt.
(b) The buttons on his shoes.
(c) The buttons on his fly.
(d) The buttons on his pocket.
7. What does Estragon remember about the Bible?
(a) The maps and pretty colors.
(b) Descriptions of the desert.
(c) The temples.
(d) Moses and the Ten Commandments.
8. A piece of costuming that Estragon, Vladimir, Pozzo, and Lucky wear throughout the play is a
(a) Long-sleeve shirt.
(b) Silver buckle.
(c) Pair of shorts.
(d) Hat (bowler).
9. Vladimir looks for a note about when Godot is to come in
(a) His hat.
(b) Estragon's pockets.
(c) His pockets.
(d) His shoes.
10. Instead of leading him with the rope, Pozzo drives Lucky forward with a
11. The first time Pozzo and Lucky meet Estragon and Vladimir in Act I, Pozzo tells Estragon and Vladimir that Lucky
(a) Wants to escape.
(b) Taught him beautiful things.
(c) Doesn't want to stay there.
(d) Told him many secrets.
12. During one of the conservations about the Bible, Vladimir tells Estragon he should have been a
13. While they are waiting for Godot, Estragon and Vladimir talk about
(a) Running away together.
(b) Making new friends.
(c) Hanging themselves on the tree.
(d) Moving far away from each other.
14. After tormenting Lucky awhile, Pozzo decides to eat. In his belongings he has
(a) Lobster and coffee.
(b) Ribs and beer.
(c) Cheese and milk.
(d) Chicken and wine.
15. During the first act, Vladimir leaves the stage to go to the bathroom. When Vladimir returns, Estragon tries to start a conversation. He acknowledges that Vladimir is angry and wants the anger to go away. They end up
Short Answer Questions
1. When Vladimir goes off stage to go to the bathroom, Estragon asks Pozzo to come and look at something. Together they look at
2. When Pozzo asks Estragon what his name is, what name does Estragon give?
3. Vladimir tells Estragon that if they hang themselves from the tree, they will have
4. According to Pozzo, Lucky calls the performance he gives at the end of Act I
5. In the first act, Estragon exclaims that Vladimir smells of
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)