|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the first part of Act I, Vladimir keeps looking for something that he doesn't find in what?
(a) The tree.
(b) His shoes.
(c) The dirt.
(d) His hat.
2. When Estragon pushes Vladimir to tell him the story about the Englishman in the brothel, Vladimir
(a) Tells him a different story.
(b) Tells Estragon the whole story.
(c) Falls asleep.
(d) Refuses to tell the story and leaves the stage.
3. When Estragon starts to tell Vladimir about the dream he was having, Vladimir
(a) Shouts for him to stop!
(b) Falls asleep.
(c) Listens intently.
(d) Keeps interrupting the story.
4. When Estragon and Vladimir first see Pozzo and Lucky, they
(a) They don't pay any attention to them.
(b) Are frightened and huddle together.
(c) They are happy to have company and go to greet them.
(d) They are surprised, so they run away.
5. When Pozzo wants to sit down toward the end of Act I but needs help. He asks Estragon to
(a) Help him sit down.
(b) Invite him, repeatedly, to sit down.
(c) Hold the stool steady.
(d) Bring him a chair.
6. Instead of leading him with the rope, Pozzo drives Lucky forward with a
7. At times throughout the play, both Estragon and Vladimir talk about leaving the place where they are waiting, but they do not. Why not?
(a) They are looking for money.
(b) The are happy in this place.
(c) They are waiting for Godot.
(d) They are watching all the people walking by.
8. While they are waiting for Godot, Estragon and Vladimir talk about
(a) Making new friends.
(b) Moving far away from each other.
(c) Running away together.
(d) Hanging themselves on the tree.
9. In the first Act, Pozzo tells Estragon and Vladimir that Lucky is driving him mad. Estragon and Vladimir
(a) Turn on Lucky and chastise him.
(b) Leave the stage.
(c) Tell Pozzo he is foolish.
(d) Tell Pozzo to leave Lucky with them.
10. In Act I, when Vladimer and Estragon first encounter Pozzo and Lucky, Vladimir moves towards Lucky, but Pozzo says Lucky is
(a) Not very nice.
(b) Happy to make new friends.
(c) Dangerous, especially toward strangers.
(d) Very dirty and bad smelling.
11. When Vladimir talks about leaving, Pozzo asks him what will happen to his appointment with Godot because he believes Godot
(a) Is going to trick Vladimir and steal everything he has.
(b) Has already been there and won't come back.
(c) Has no intention of coming.
(d) Holds Vladimir's future in his hands.
12. What does Estragon do as soon as his leg feels good enough to walk again in Act 1?
(a) He hugs Vladimir
(b) He walks over to Lucky and hugs him again.
(c) He entertains the others by dancing.
(d) He walks over to Lucky and spits on him.
13. At the very beginning of Act I, Vladimir enters the stage where he finds Estragon. Vladimir asks him where he spent the night. Estragon tells him he spent the night
(a) On a bench.
(b) At the Holiday Inn.
(c) In the park.
(d) In a ditch.
14. Estragon tells Vladimir that if they try to hang themselves
(a) Everything will work exactly as they plan because it is a wonderful idea.
(b) They will fail and live to regret it because they both will be hurt.
(c) He will die because he is light but that Didi will break the branch and will be left alive and alone.
(d) It will be a great success.
15. The first time Pozzo and Lucky meet Estragon and Vladimir in Act I, Pozzo tells Estragon and Vladimir that Lucky
(a) Taught him beautiful things.
(b) Wants to escape.
(c) Told him many secrets.
(d) Doesn't want to stay there.
Short Answer Questions
1. The two main characters in the play are waiting for
2. When Pozzo tells Estragon and Vladimir they are trespassing, they reply that
3. After Estragon repeatedly asks Pozzo to sit down, Pozzo finally does and then tells Estragon and Vladimir that he must
4. Pozzo asks Estragon how old he thinks Vladimir is. Estragon tells him
5. After Pozzo finishes eating, what does Pozzo ask Lucky?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)