|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Vladimir talks about leaving, Pozzo asks him what will happen to his appointment with Godot because he believes Godot
(a) Holds Vladimir's future in his hands.
(b) Is going to trick Vladimir and steal everything he has.
(c) Has no intention of coming.
(d) Has already been there and won't come back.
2. Estragon tells Vladimir that if they try to hang themselves
(a) Everything will work exactly as they plan because it is a wonderful idea.
(b) They will fail and live to regret it because they both will be hurt.
(c) It will be a great success.
(d) He will die because he is light but that Didi will break the branch and will be left alive and alone.
3. What is the last thing Lucky does at end of Act I?
(a) He falls asleep and takes a nap.
(b) He gives a long speech full of gibberish.
(c) He laughes at Estragon.
(d) He picks up his packages and waits silently.
4. Estragan pities Lucky, so Pozzo gives him a
(a) Handkerchief to comfort Lucky telling Estragon to wipe away his tears.
(b) Stool so that he can give it Lucky and let him sit down.
(c) Stick so that he can hit Lucky and stop him from crying.
(d) Whip so that he won't be afraid anymore.
5. In Act I, Pozzo tells Estragon and Vladimir that if he were waiting for Godot, he would
(a) Sleep until Godot came.
(b) Wait until it was very late at night before he would leave.
(c) Leave immediately since it was obvious Godot was not coming.
(d) Pay someone to stay there and come and get him when Godot arrived.
6. What does Estragon remember about the Bible?
(a) The maps and pretty colors.
(b) The temples.
(c) Descriptions of the desert.
(d) Moses and the Ten Commandments.
7. Pozzo controls Lucky with
(a) A stick he beats him with.
(b) A sword he threatens him with.
(c) A long rope that goes around his neck and has created a large sore.
(d) His fists.
8. When Pozzo asks Estragon what his name is, what name does Estragon give?
9. In Act I, when Vladimer and Estragon first encounter Pozzo and Lucky, Vladimir moves towards Lucky, but Pozzo says Lucky is
(a) Not very nice.
(b) Very dirty and bad smelling.
(c) Dangerous, especially toward strangers.
(d) Happy to make new friends.
10. In Act I, when Pozzo first sees Estragon and Vladimir as he is entering the stage, he
(a) Pulls Lucky back on the stage.
(b) Follows Lucky off stage.
(c) Invites Estragon and Vladimir to go with them.
(d) Lets Lucky go and sits down.
11. When Lucky hears Pozzo talking to Estragon and Vladimir about the fair, he starts to
(c) Run away.
(d) Go to sleep.
12. During the first part of Act I, Vladimir keeps looking for something that he doesn't find in what?
(a) The tree.
(b) The dirt.
(c) His shoes.
(d) His hat.
13. When Act I opens, Estragon is
(a) Trying to pull his boot off.
(c) Staring off into space.
(d) Making castles in the dirt.
14. Vladimir and Estragon talk about the crucifixion of Jesus and the different views of the four Evangelists who record that event. What is the topic that is described differently between the four Evangelists?
(a) They disagree about the weather on the day of the crucifixion.
(b) They disagree about what Jesus was wearing on that day.
(c) The record different people who came to watch.
(d) They have conflicting views of the role of the thieves.
15. In the first act, after Estragon falls asleep, Vladimir
(a) Reads the papers in his pockets.
(b) Lies down next to him.
(c) Wakes him up abruptly.
(d) Wanders off.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pozzo tells Estragon and Vladimir that the reason Lucky won't put the packages down is that Lucky wants to
2. During the beginning of the first act, while Vladimir is pacing back and forth, Estragon
3. During a conversation in Act I, Estragon says he is hungry. Vladimir offers him
4. While they are waiting for Godot, Estragon and Vladimir talk about
5. In Act 1, Pozzo asks Estragon and Vladimir how he can help them since they are having such a dull time. Estragon tells Pozzo
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)