|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Lucky hears Pozzo talking to Estragon and Vladimir about the fair, he starts to
(a) Run away.
(d) Go to sleep.
2. In Act I, when Vladimer and Estragon first encounter Pozzo and Lucky, Vladimir moves towards Lucky, but Pozzo says Lucky is
(a) Dangerous, especially toward strangers.
(b) Very dirty and bad smelling.
(c) Not very nice.
(d) Happy to make new friends.
3. While Pozzo is talking to Estragon and Vladimir in Act I, Pozzo tells them he is going to get rid of Lucky. Estragon and Vladimir
(a) Pay no attention to either Pozzo or Lucky.
(b) Offer to buy Lucky.
(c) Are shocked that he would want to get rid of such a faithful servant.
(d) Leave the stage.
4. Pozzo tells Estragon and Vladimir that the reason Lucky won't put the packages down is that Lucky wants to
(a) Trick Pozzo so that he can keep the packages.
(b) Sell the packages and make some money.
(c) Steal the packages and run away.
(d) Impress Pozzo so that Pozzo won't get rid of him.
5. Pozzo tells Estragon and Vladimir that you can't drive creatures like Lucky away and that it would be better to
(a) Trick him into leaving.
(b) Reward him.
(c) Teach him a lesson.
(d) Kill him.
6. Before Pozzo and Lucky leave Estragon and Vladimir at the end of Act I, Pozzo, Estragon, and Vladimir get Lucky to
(b) Sleep standing up.
(d) Turn cartwheels.
7. During the first part of Act I, Estragon keeps looking for something that he doesn't find in what?
(a) The sky.
(b) The tree.
(c) His hat.
(d) His shoes.
8. Instead of leading him with the rope, Pozzo drives Lucky forward with a
9. After Estragon's leg is hurt, what does Pozzo tell him?
(a) That he will pay Estragon money to make up for it.
(b) That he doesn't care, and Estragon should stop complaining.
(c) That he had warned Estragon that Lucky didn't like strangers.
(d) That he is glad that Estragon got hurt.
10. During the first act, when Estragon complains because Vladimir woke him up, Vladimir tells Estragon he woke him up because
(a) Estragon was snoring.
(b) He just felt like it.
(c) It was Estragon's turn to keep watch.
(d) He felt lonely.
11. At the very beginning of Act I, Vladimir enters the stage where he finds Estragon. Vladimir asks him where he spent the night. Estragon tells him he spent the night
(a) In the park.
(b) In a ditch.
(c) On a bench.
(d) At the Holiday Inn.
12. In Act I, when Estragon and Vladimir are telling Pozzo about the fact they are waiting for Godot, Pozzo tells them he would be
(a) Upset if he met Godot because he doesn't like to meet new people.
(b) Angry if he met Godot because he has kept Estragon and Vladimir waiting.
(c) Afraid to meet Godot because he doesn't like strangers.
(d) Happy to meet Godot because he likes meeting new people.
13. After all of the men say goodbye many times toward the end of Act 1, Pozzo and Lucky
(a) Fall asleep.
(d) Decide to stay and meet Godot.
14. In the first Act, Pozzo tells Estragon and Vladimir that Lucky is driving him mad. Estragon and Vladimir
(a) Turn on Lucky and chastise him.
(b) Tell Pozzo he is foolish.
(c) Tell Pozzo to leave Lucky with them.
(d) Leave the stage.
15. When Pozzo tells Estragon to give Lucky his hat so Lucky can entertain them, Estragon says
(a) Lucky already has his hat.
(b) He won't do it because Lucky kicked him.
(c) He would be happy to do it.
(d) He doesn't believe Lucky should wear a hat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Estragon and Vladimir talk about what they asked Godot for and recall asking him for
2. While relaxing and smoking his pipe, Pozzo makes the philosophical observation that the second pipe
3. According to Pozzo, Lucky calls the performance he gives at the end of Act I
4. What does Estragon do as soon as his leg feels good enough to walk again in Act 1?
5. In the first act, Estragon exclaims that Vladimir smells of
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)