|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Pozzo asks Estragon what his name is, what name does Estragon give?
2. In Act 1, Pozzo asks Estragon and Vladimir how he can help them since they are having such a dull time. Estragon tells Pozzo
(a) That he is hungry.
(b) That 10 francs would be fine.
(c) To leave them alone.
(d) That he has no place to sleep.
3. During the first part of Act I, Estragon keeps looking for something that he doesn't find in what?
(a) His hat.
(b) The tree.
(c) His shoes.
(d) The sky.
4. After all of the men say goodbye many times toward the end of Act 1, Pozzo and Lucky
(a) Fall asleep.
(b) Decide to stay and meet Godot.
5. After eating and disposing of the chicken bones, Pozzo finally decides to relax and
(a) Smoke his pipe.
(b) Listen to some music.
(c) Take a quick nap.
(d) Have an after dinner mint.
6. When Estragon and Vladimir first see Pozzo and Lucky, they
(a) They are happy to have company and go to greet them.
(b) They are surprised, so they run away.
(c) Are frightened and huddle together.
(d) They don't pay any attention to them.
7. Estragan pities Lucky, so Pozzo gives him a
(a) Handkerchief to comfort Lucky telling Estragon to wipe away his tears.
(b) Stick so that he can hit Lucky and stop him from crying.
(c) Stool so that he can give it Lucky and let him sit down.
(d) Whip so that he won't be afraid anymore.
8. After Pozzo finishes eating, what does Pozzo ask Lucky?
(a) If he is ready to leave.
(b) If he wants the chicken bones.
(c) If he would like something to eat.
(d) If he would like to relax and get some sleep.
9. The main characters call each other
(a) Gogo and Didi.
(b) Boy and Lucky.
(c) Pozzo and Lucky.
(d) Estragon and Vladimir.
10. Pozzo tells Estragon and Vladimir that you can't drive creatures like Lucky away and that it would be better to
(a) Teach him a lesson.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Reward him.
(d) Trick him into leaving.
11. In the first Act, Pozzo tells Estragon and Vladimir that Lucky is driving him mad. Estragon and Vladimir
(a) Tell Pozzo to leave Lucky with them.
(b) Turn on Lucky and chastise him.
(c) Tell Pozzo he is foolish.
(d) Leave the stage.
12. Estragon is interested in understanding Lucky and wants to find out why he
(a) Is waiting for Godot.
(b) Doesn't want the chicken bones.
(c) Is working for Pozzo.
(d) Doesn't put his packages down.
13. What does Estragon do as soon as his leg feels good enough to walk again in Act 1?
(a) He entertains the others by dancing.
(b) He walks over to Lucky and spits on him.
(c) He walks over to Lucky and hugs him again.
(d) He hugs Vladimir
14. Upon first encountering Pozzo, Estragon wants to know if he is
(b) Also waiting for Godot.
(d) Here to bring news of Godot.
15. At the very beginning of Act I, Vladimir enters the stage where he finds Estragon. Vladimir asks him where he spent the night. Estragon tells him he spent the night
(a) In the park.
(b) In a ditch.
(c) On a bench.
(d) At the Holiday Inn.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Pozzo tells Estragon and Vladimir they are trespassing, they reply that
2. During the conversation about Lucky and the packages, Pozzo yanks on the rope to get his attention and calls him a
3. Pozzo tells Estragon and Vladimir that he is taking Lucky to the fair to
4. Before Pozzo and Lucky leave Estragon and Vladimir at the end of Act I, Pozzo, Estragon, and Vladimir get Lucky to
5. When Estragon pushes Vladimir to tell him the story about the Englishman in the brothel, Vladimir
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)