Act 1, Pages 1-10
• Estragon, one of the two main characters, is on stage at the beginning of the play.
• Estragon has problems with his feet.
• Vladimir enters the stage, greets Estragon, and establishes their relationship.
• Vladimir has bladder problems and pain.
• Estragon tells Vladimir that he spent the night in a ditch and that he was beaten.
• Vladimir asks Estragon if he has read the Bible and if he remembers the Gospels.
• Estragon tells him he remembers the pretty pictures.
• They talks about the crucifixion of Jesus, the part that the thieves play, and the story as told by the four Evangelists.
• They talk about hell, damnation, and the part that Jesus plays in salvation.
• Vladimir looks into his hat trying to find something (he does this more than once).
• Estragon looks into his boot trying to find something (he does this more than once).
• They talk about...
This section contains 1,203 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)