Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Act 1, Pages 1-10 Abstract
* Estragon, one of the two main characters, is on stage at the beginning of the play.
* Estragon has problems with his feet.
* Vladimir enters the stage, greets Estragon, and establishes their relationship.
* Vladimir has bladder problems and pain.
* Estragon tells Vladimir that he spent the night in a ditch and that he...
This section contains 1,306 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)