Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Manna speaks to someone outside their apartment, what does Lin notice her voice is still full of?
2. What does Manna tell Lin her blood pressure is?
3. Why do the orderlies ask Lin to teach the class?
4. Why does Manna tell Ran Su she wants Lin to stay home more?
5. What do Manna's legs feel like as she walks away from spying on Lin's class?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the parallels between the characters and the political context of China. What do the characters represent about the evolving political organization of China? What role do Chinese politics play in the lives of the characters?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how Lin's children become some of the most relevant characters in his life. Respond to the following questions:
- What do each of his children provide for Lin?
- What do they represent about Lin's relationships with their mothers?
- What greater symbols do they offer to the book?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Ha Jin's use of youth, age, and death. How do they define characters in the eyes of others? What affect does it have on narrative, imagery, and relationships of "Waiting?"
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)