Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Manna speaks to someone outside their apartment, what does Lin notice her voice is still full of?
2. What does Manna tell Lin her blood pressure is?
3. Why do the orderlies ask Lin to teach the class?
4. Why does Manna tell Ran Su she wants Lin to stay home more?
5. What do Manna's legs feel like as she walks away from spying on Lin's class?
Essay Topic 1
Lin has a duplicitous personality. Analyze his character using the three following characteristics of Lin:
- Lin's need to please.
- Lin's superiority complex.
- Lin's inferiority complex.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about honesty and dishonesty answering the following questions:
- How do characters lie to each other?
- How do characters lie to themselves?
- What effect does honesty have on their lives?
- Which holds characters and relationships together best: lies or honesty?
Essay Topic 3
The heart is a recurring symbol in "Waiting." Write an essay about the relevance of when and how it is used and what it represents about the characters and relationships.
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)