Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Manna speaks to someone outside their apartment, what does Lin notice her voice is still full of?
2. What does Manna tell Lin her blood pressure is?
3. Why do the orderlies ask Lin to teach the class?
4. Why does Manna tell Ran Su she wants Lin to stay home more?
5. What do Manna's legs feel like as she walks away from spying on Lin's class?
Ha Jin frequently uses animal imagery in reference to his characters. Write an essay discussing Ha Jin's tendencies of anthropomorphizing his characters and what significance his choices of animals hold for his characters.
Manna is a very trusting and dutiful person. Write an essay discussing Manna's view of humanity through her relationships and endeavors.
The discretion in "Waiting" is completely symmetrical: three parts with twelve chapters each. Write an essay discussing the relevance of how and when the book is divided, why this is, and what the organization reveals about the narrative, characters, and themes, and how it assists them.
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)