Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Manna speaks to someone outside their apartment, what does Lin notice her voice is still full of?
2. What does Manna tell Lin her blood pressure is?
3. Why do the orderlies ask Lin to teach the class?
4. Why does Manna tell Ran Su she wants Lin to stay home more?
5. What do Manna's legs feel like as she walks away from spying on Lin's class?
Essay Topic 1
Tradition, rules, and standards sometimes play the most pivotal role in the relationships in "Waiting." Write an essay about the characters' multifaceted relationships with these obstacles.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how Lin's children become some of the most relevant characters in his life. Respond to the following questions:
- What do each of his children provide for Lin?
- What do they represent about Lin's relationships with their mothers?
- What greater symbols do they offer to the book?
Essay Topic 3
The heart is a recurring symbol in "Waiting." Write an essay about the relevance of when and how it is used and what it represents about the characters and relationships.
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)