Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Manna speaks to someone outside their apartment, what does Lin notice her voice is still full of?
2. What does Manna tell Lin her blood pressure is?
3. Why do the orderlies ask Lin to teach the class?
4. Why does Manna tell Ran Su she wants Lin to stay home more?
5. What do Manna's legs feel like as she walks away from spying on Lin's class?
Essay Topic 1
Through the book, Lin ponders "love" and questions his understanding of it. Respond to the following questions:
- What does Lin think "love" is?
- What does "love" mean to Lin?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the relevance of women versus men in "Waiting." Argue the statement Ha Jin is making about gender, using the following ideas:
- Emotional tendencies of men or women in relationships.
- Self awareness, idealism, control, impressionability, vulnerability.
- Selfishness and selflessness.
Essay Topic 3
The title of "Waiting" is one of the most pivotal aspects of the book. Write an essay discussing the effect waiting has on the characters and their relationships.
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)