|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Manna spend 70 yen on in preparation for the baby?
2. Why do Lin and Manna sleep peacefully at the end of Chapter 5?
3. What has Lin done to help Manna through her illness?
4. What is Manna sick with before their wedding?
5. What does Manna tell Lin her blood pressure is?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is Lin secretive?
2. What about Ran Su's blessing makes Manna so upset?
3. Does Lin love Manna?
4. Does Lin enjoy his wedding?
5. How does Lin realize the reason he hasn't received a promotion in ten years?
6. Why would Manna Kill herself if she were pregnant?
7. Why is Hua not difficult to convince to go to Muji City?
8. Is Manna turning into a jealous wife?
9. Why does Lin think he and Manna shouldn't make love so much?
10. After River and Lake are healthy again, does Manna and Lin's marriage become right and peaceful?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Lin has a duplicitous personality. Analyze his character using the three following characteristics of Lin:
- Lin's need to please.
- Lin's superiority complex.
- Lin's inferiority complex.
Essay Topic 2
Tradition, rules, and standards sometimes play the most pivotal role in the relationships in "Waiting." Write an essay about the characters' multifaceted relationships with these obstacles.
Essay Topic 3
The discretion in "Waiting" is completely symmetrical: three parts with twelve chapters each. Write an essay discussing the relevance of how and when the book is divided, why this is, and what the organization reveals about the narrative, characters, and themes, and how it assists them.
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)