|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lin caution Manna about revealing anymore to Haiyan?
2. Who is the obstetrician who delivers Manna's twins?
3. What Makes Manna think Ran Su knows about her rape?
4. The voice in Lin's head makes him realize his love for Manna is only _____.
5. What does Geng Yang do in Manna's dream?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why would Manna Kill herself if she were pregnant?
2. Is Lin going to leave Manna?
3. How does Lin realize the reason he hasn't received a promotion in ten years?
4. Do people in the hospital view Shuyu as a joke?
5. How does tradition aid Lin in Chapter 9?
6. How do Manna's worst fears appear to be coming true in Chapter 11?
7. Does Lin regret divorcing Shuyu?
8. Is Manna the type of lover Lin predicted?
9. Why doesn't Lin stay in the delivery room while Manna is giving birth?
10. Is Lin secretive?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The discretion in "Waiting" is completely symmetrical: three parts with twelve chapters each. Write an essay discussing the relevance of how and when the book is divided, why this is, and what the organization reveals about the narrative, characters, and themes, and how it assists them.
Essay Topic 2
The heart is a recurring symbol in "Waiting." Write an essay about the relevance of when and how it is used and what it represents about the characters and relationships.
Essay Topic 3
Tradition, rules, and standards sometimes play the most pivotal role in the relationships in "Waiting." Write an essay about the characters' multifaceted relationships with these obstacles.
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)