Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Manna speaks to someone outside their apartment, what does Lin notice her voice is still full of?
2. What does Manna tell Lin her blood pressure is?
3. Why do the orderlies ask Lin to teach the class?
4. Why does Manna tell Ran Su she wants Lin to stay home more?
5. What do Manna's legs feel like as she walks away from spying on Lin's class?
Essay Topic 1
Early in the book, Lin has several daydreams and fantasies. Respond to the following questions:
- What do these dreams and fantasies say about Lin's innermost desires at the time?
- What are the parallels you can draw between his life in Part 3 and his fantasies in Part 1?
- What conclusions do you draw from Lin's reactions to getting what he wants and wanting what he can't have?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Ha Jin's use of youth, age, and death. How do they define characters in the eyes of others? What affect does it have on narrative, imagery, and relationships of "Waiting?"
Essay Topic 3
Manna is a very trusting and dutiful person. Write an essay discussing Manna's view of humanity through her relationships and endeavors.
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)