|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the prognosis for Shuyu's back condition?
(a) Strong painkillers.
(b) Herbal tea.
(d) Physical therapy.
2. What does Manna spend 70 yen on in preparation for the baby?
(a) Parenting books.
(b) Knitting wool.
(c) Fancy diapers.
(d) A crib.
3. What is Manna's reaction to knowing she will die soon?
4. What is Bensheng NOT upset about when he comes to Lin's house drunk in the middle of the night?
(a) Lin divorcing Shuyu.
(b) Lin taking Shuyu to the city.
(c) Lin leaving him with nothing.
(d) Lin taking Hua with him.
5. What do Manna's symptoms of her bad heart resemble?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is causing Lin the pain in his back and foot?
2. Why does Lin go into the city so frequently after Manna gets pregnant?
3. Bensheng wishes Hua would find a different boyfriend because soldiers are not ______ anymore.
4. Only a woman over the age of _______ would be expected to have bound feet.
5. How does Manna avoiding Shuyu and Lin during Shuyu's visit to the hospital make her look?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lin feel about being a father?
2. Does Lin love Manna?
3. In Chapter 9, how does Lin prove not to be as cold to his family as he originally felt?
4. After the secret of Manna's rape gets out, how does the way the hospital staff treats Manna and Lin change?
5. Is Shuyu simple-minded?
6. Why would Manna Kill herself if she were pregnant?
7. Why does Lin want Shuyu and Hua to have urban residential status?
8. Does Hua agree with Lin's desire to divorce Shuyu?
9. Why doesn't Lin stay in the delivery room while Manna is giving birth?
10. Is Lin going to leave Manna?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)