|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Manna avoiding Shuyu and Lin during Shuyu's visit to the hospital make her look?
2. What surprises Lin about Manna's pregnancy?
(a) They always used protection.
(b) She is 44.
(c) He thought she was injured by Geng Yang.
(d) She must have conceived before their marriage.
3. Why does Lin go to visit Hua and Shuyu at the match plant?
(a) To introduce Shuyu to the twins.
(b) To bring them food.
(c) To get free matches.
(d) To say goodbye.
4. What is causing Lin the pain in his back and foot?
(a) His kidney.
(b) His heart.
(c) His stomach.
(d) His spine.
5. What made the pus drain after Shuyu's feet were bound?
(a) Herbal medicines.
(b) Massaging her feet.
(c) Soaking them in warm water.
(d) Eating fish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Manna and Lin's twins diagnosed with?
2. Why does Manna tell Ran Su she wants Lin to stay home more?
3. What does Director Chen think is an inappropriate wedding activity?
4. Why does Lin go into the city so frequently after Manna gets pregnant?
5. Who is the obstetrician who delivers Manna's twins?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Hua agree with Lin's desire to divorce Shuyu?
2. Why would Manna Kill herself if she were pregnant?
3. Why does Lin want Shuyu and Hua to have urban residential status?
4. How does Lin feel about being a father?
5. Why does Lin think he and Manna shouldn't make love so much?
6. Does Lin regret divorcing Shuyu?
7. Does Lin enjoy his wedding?
8. Does Lin love Manna?
9. How do Manna's worst fears appear to be coming true in Chapter 11?
10. How does Lin realize the reason he hasn't received a promotion in ten years?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)