|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Lin done to help Manna through her illness?
(a) Buying her presents.
(b) Earning more money.
(d) Spending more time with her.
2. What is Manna sick with before their wedding?
(a) The flu.
(b) An unknown disease.
(d) A cold.
3. What comment does one of the nurses make about Manna and Lin's poor singing at the wedding?
(a) They sound like children.
(b) It gives her a toothache.
(c) It is like angels singing.
(d) They are very quiet.
4. Why is Lin nervous about the health of his baby when Manna goes into labor?
(a) The obstetrician is a novice.
(b) They are premature.
(c) The hospital is unsanitary.
(d) Manna has a weak heart.
5. Who is the obstetrician who delivers Manna's twins?
(b) Mrs. Su.
(c) Ran Su.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Manna throw a temper tantrum while Lin is cooking dinner?
2. What is Manna's excuse to the other nurses for looking so sickly the day after the rape?
3. What Makes Manna think Ran Su knows about her rape?
4. When does Manna realize Lin might be bored with her?
5. As Manna's pregnancy progresses, she becomes more and more ______.
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 12, time accelerates through years. What has changed or stayed the same?
2. Is Bensheng greedy? Why or why not?
3. What about Ran Su's blessing makes Manna so upset?
4. Is Manna the type of lover Lin predicted?
5. Why does Manna wish she had a daughter like Hua?
6. How does tradition aid Lin in Chapter 9?
7. How does Lin realize the reason he hasn't received a promotion in ten years?
8. Why is Hua not difficult to convince to go to Muji City?
9. In Chapter 9, how does Lin prove not to be as cold to his family as he originally felt?
10. Why doesn't Lin stay in the delivery room while Manna is giving birth?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)