|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Haiyan think Lin's reaction to Manna's rape will be?
(a) He will be understanding.
(b) He will pretend it never happened.
(c) He will try to kill Geng Yang.
(d) He will try to kill Manna.
2. When Manna is informed how serious her heart condition is, who is she concerned for?
(a) Her sons.
(c) Her friends.
3. What is Manna's excuse to the other nurses for looking so sickly the day after the rape?
(a) She is on her period.
(b) She ate some bad fish.
(c) She too has tuberculosis.
(d) She couldn't sleep.
4. How much does Lin sell his house for?
(a) 3,200 yen.
(b) 4,000 yen.
(c) 5,000 yen.
(d) 2,000 yen.
5. What does Manna scream at Lin while she is in labor?
(a) "I'm dying."
(d) "I love you."
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Manna tell Ran Su she wants Lin to stay home more?
2. Why does Shuyu want her hair cut short?
3. Why is Geng Yang on TV?
4. What is Manna sick with before their wedding?
5. What has Lin done to help Manna through her illness?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Manna's worst fears appear to be coming true in Chapter 11?
2. Is Lin going to leave Manna?
3. How does Lin feel about being a father?
4. After the secret of Manna's rape gets out, how does the way the hospital staff treats Manna and Lin change?
5. What are the double standards of blame in Chapter 10?
6. Why is Hua not difficult to convince to go to Muji City?
7. Why does Manna wish she had a daughter like Hua?
8. How does tradition aid Lin in Chapter 9?
9. What about Ran Su's blessing makes Manna so upset?
10. Is Bensheng greedy? Why or why not?
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)