|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Manna is informed how serious her heart condition is, who is she concerned for?
(c) Her sons.
(d) Her friends.
2. Why do the orderlies ask Lin to teach the class?
(a) They think Lin is handsome.
(b) They have exams.
(c) They do not like Manna and want her to be jealous.
(d) Lin offered to teach it.
3. When Manna speaks to someone outside their apartment, what does Lin notice her voice is still full of?
4. Why does Lin caution Manna about revealing anymore to Haiyan?
(a) She is unreliable.
(b) She is a secret agent.
(c) She is forgetful.
(d) She is idiotic.
5. What does Manna show Lin from her locked box?
(a) Photos of her parents.
(b) Her old journals.
(c) Her collection of chairman Mao pins.
(d) Her collection of seashells.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Manna sick with before their wedding?
2. What is Shuyu's only request of Lin at the divorce hearing?
3. Why won't Mrs. Su attend the wedding?
4. What does Manna NOT question after her dream about Geng Yang?
5. What does Manna decide to do if she is pregnant?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is Bensheng greedy? Why or why not?
2. Why doesn't Lin stay in the delivery room while Manna is giving birth?
3. Why does Manna wish she had a daughter like Hua?
4. Does Lin regret divorcing Shuyu?
5. How do Manna's worst fears appear to be coming true in Chapter 11?
6. What about Ran Su's blessing makes Manna so upset?
7. Does Lin enjoy his wedding?
8. In Chapter 9, how does Lin prove not to be as cold to his family as he originally felt?
9. Why is Hua not difficult to convince to go to Muji City?
10. After River and Lake are healthy again, does Manna and Lin's marriage become right and peaceful?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)