|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Geng Yang look on television?
2. Why does Manna tell Ran Su she wants Lin to stay home more?
(a) She is dying.
(b) Lin is in poor health.
(c) Lin is a good cook.
(d) She is pregnant.
3. What is causing Lin the pain in his back and foot?
(a) His spine.
(b) His stomach.
(c) His kidney.
(d) His heart.
4. How does Lin feel about his inevitable divorce as the court date arrives?
(a) He wants to stay with Shuyu.
(b) He is ambivalent.
(c) That fate is starting him on a new life.
(d) That he wishes it had happened years earlier.
5. What does Manna scream at Lin while she is in labor?
(b) "I love you."
(c) "I'm dying."
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Shuyu want her hair cut short?
2. Why is Manna upset that Lin is teaching the orderlies?
3. Why does the judge reject the divorce of the couple whose hearing is held before Lin and Shuyu's?
4. What is the prognosis for Shuyu's back condition?
5. Manna's heart murmur often turns to a _______ rhythm.
Short Essay Questions
1. Is Shuyu simple-minded?
2. Why doesn't Lin stay in the delivery room while Manna is giving birth?
3. Why is Hua not difficult to convince to go to Muji City?
4. Why does Manna wish she had a daughter like Hua?
5. How does Lin feel about being a father?
6. Does Lin regret divorcing Shuyu?
7. What about seeing Geng Yang upsets Manna so much?
8. Is Lin secretive?
9. Is Manna the type of lover Lin predicted?
10. What are the double standards of blame in Chapter 10?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)