|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Bensheng most jealous of at the end of "Waiting?"
(a) Lin has three children.
(b) Manna's beauty.
(c) Shuyu's happiness.
(d) Hua is earning money.
2. How much is Manna working when she returns to work?
(d) Only on weekends.
3. What comment does one of the nurses make about Manna and Lin's poor singing at the wedding?
(a) It is like angels singing.
(b) They are very quiet.
(c) They sound like children.
(d) It gives her a toothache.
4. What holiday do Manna and Lin prepare for at the end of "Waiting?"
(a) Mao's Birthday.
(b) Spring Festival.
(d) Chinese New Year.
5. What is the rule about foot-binding that Shuyu explains to one of the nurses?
(a) You must be younger than ten to begin the binding.
(b) Only the husband can see them.
(c) You cannot take pain medication.
(d) You cannot paint your toenails.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Manna show Lin from her locked box?
2. Haiyan says she would never marry a doctor because she believes they are only well trained what?
3. What are Manna and Lin's twins diagnosed with?
4. What does Lin compare the box at the bottom of Manna's closet to?
5. What is Bensheng NOT upset about when he comes to Lin's house drunk in the middle of the night?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 9, how does Lin prove not to be as cold to his family as he originally felt?
2. Does Lin enjoy his wedding?
3. Does Lin regret divorcing Shuyu?
4. What about seeing Geng Yang upsets Manna so much?
5. Does Hua agree with Lin's desire to divorce Shuyu?
6. Is Lin going to leave Manna?
7. How do Manna's worst fears appear to be coming true in Chapter 11?
8. In Chapter 12, time accelerates through years. What has changed or stayed the same?
9. Is Manna turning into a jealous wife?
10. Is Manna the type of lover Lin predicted?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)