|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Lin nervous about the health of his baby when Manna goes into labor?
(a) The hospital is unsanitary.
(b) The obstetrician is a novice.
(c) Manna has a weak heart.
(d) They are premature.
2. When Lin sees Manna at the mess hall for the first time in days, he sees a flicker of _______ in her face.
3. How many days of maternity leave is Manna given?
4. Where does Hua find a job in Muji City?
(a) The match plant.
(b) The hospital.
(c) The hair salon.
(d) A department store.
5. What is Lin most interested in from Manna's locked box?
(a) Her books.
(b) Her letters from Mai Dong.
(c) Her photos.
(d) Her jewelry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Manna tell Lin her blood pressure is?
2. What has Manna secretly been taking to help her feel better?
3. What does Director Chen think is an inappropriate wedding activity?
4. Why does Manna throw a temper tantrum while Lin is cooking dinner?
5. What book does Lin give to Ran Su?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lin feel about being a father?
2. How do Manna's worst fears appear to be coming true in Chapter 11?
3. Why is Hua not difficult to convince to go to Muji City?
4. What about seeing Geng Yang upsets Manna so much?
5. Does Hua agree with Lin's desire to divorce Shuyu?
6. In Chapter 12, time accelerates through years. What has changed or stayed the same?
7. Why does Lin want Shuyu and Hua to have urban residential status?
8. Why does Lin think he and Manna shouldn't make love so much?
9. Is Lin secretive?
10. In Chapter 9, how does Lin prove not to be as cold to his family as he originally felt?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)