|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Manna's reaction to knowing she will die soon?
2. What does Manna tell Lin her blood pressure is?
3. What is Bensheng NOT upset about when he comes to Lin's house drunk in the middle of the night?
(a) Lin divorcing Shuyu.
(b) Lin leaving him with nothing.
(c) Lin taking Hua with him.
(d) Lin taking Shuyu to the city.
4. Haiyan says she would never marry a doctor because she believes they are only well trained what?
(b) Con artists.
5. Why does Lin caution Manna about revealing anymore to Haiyan?
(a) She is a secret agent.
(b) She is unreliable.
(c) She is forgetful.
(d) She is idiotic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lin most interested in from Manna's locked box?
2. What holiday do Manna and Lin prepare for at the end of "Waiting?"
3. What Makes Manna think Ran Su knows about her rape?
4. How many children are families usually permitted to have?
5. How does Haiyan explain the news of Manna's rape getting out?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is Bensheng greedy? Why or why not?
2. What about seeing Geng Yang upsets Manna so much?
3. What are the double standards of blame in Chapter 10?
4. Does Hua agree with Lin's desire to divorce Shuyu?
5. How does Lin feel about being a father?
6. How does Lin realize the reason he hasn't received a promotion in ten years?
7. How does tradition aid Lin in Chapter 9?
8. Why does Lin think they should tell Ran Su about Manna's rape as soon as possible?
9. How do Manna's worst fears appear to be coming true in Chapter 11?
10. After River and Lake are healthy again, does Manna and Lin's marriage become right and peaceful?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)