|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the subject of the class that Lin teaches orderly nurses?
2. What comment does one of the nurses make about Manna and Lin's poor singing at the wedding?
(a) They are very quiet.
(b) It gives her a toothache.
(c) It is like angels singing.
(d) They sound like children.
3. What is Manna sick with before their wedding?
(a) An unknown disease.
(b) The flu.
(c) A cold.
4. Bensheng wishes Hua would find a different boyfriend because soldiers are not ______ anymore.
5. Who is the obstetrician who delivers Manna's twins?
(b) Ran Su.
(d) Mrs. Su.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Manna's reaction to knowing she will die soon?
2. What makes Lin realize he is getting old?
3. When Manna tells Lin the truth about her rape, he is very angry at first and then becomes what?
4. What is Lin most interested in from Manna's locked box?
5. How many days of maternity leave is Manna given?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Hua not difficult to convince to go to Muji City?
2. What about Ran Su's blessing makes Manna so upset?
3. What about seeing Geng Yang upsets Manna so much?
4. Does Lin love Manna?
5. How does Lin feel about being a father?
6. In Chapter 12, time accelerates through years. What has changed or stayed the same?
7. Is Shuyu simple-minded?
8. What are the double standards of blame in Chapter 10?
9. Why does Lin think they should tell Ran Su about Manna's rape as soon as possible?
10. After River and Lake are healthy again, does Manna and Lin's marriage become right and peaceful?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)