|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Manna secretly been taking to help her feel better?
(c) Herbal boluses.
(d) Pain killers.
2. What does Manna say to Lin when he comes back into the delivery room to see his sons?
(a) I'm sorry.
(b) They're not yours.
(c) Get out.
(d) They're sick.
3. What is Manna's reaction to knowing she will die soon?
4. Why does Lin go into the city so frequently after Manna gets pregnant?
(a) He cannot stand being around Manna.
(b) He misses his daughter.
(c) She is sick and needs medicine.
(d) Manna is always craving.
5. When Lin notices how sick Manna looks, what does he compare her to?
(a) An old woman.
(b) A monster.
(c) A leper.
(d) A pregnant woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the obstetrician who delivers Manna's twins?
2. Manna's heart murmur often turns to a _______ rhythm.
3. How much is Manna working when she returns to work?
4. When Manna tells Lin the truth about her rape, he is very angry at first and then becomes what?
5. How does Haiyan explain the news of Manna's rape getting out?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Hua agree with Lin's desire to divorce Shuyu?
2. Why would Manna Kill herself if she were pregnant?
3. Do people in the hospital view Shuyu as a joke?
4. Why does Lin think he and Manna shouldn't make love so much?
5. What does Lin think is the effect of Manna's suffering?
6. Does Lin love Manna?
7. How does Lin realize the reason he hasn't received a promotion in ten years?
8. Is Manna turning into a jealous wife?
9. Is Bensheng greedy? Why or why not?
10. Is Manna the type of lover Lin predicted?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)