|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Manna is informed how serious her heart condition is, who is she concerned for?
(a) Her friends.
(b) Her sons.
2. What comment does one of the nurses make about Manna and Lin's poor singing at the wedding?
(a) It gives her a toothache.
(b) They sound like children.
(c) It is like angels singing.
(d) They are very quiet.
3. What surprises Lin about Manna's pregnancy?
(a) She is 44.
(b) They always used protection.
(c) He thought she was injured by Geng Yang.
(d) She must have conceived before their marriage.
4. What does Lin compare the box at the bottom of Manna's closet to?
(b) Cinerary casket.
(c) Jewelry box.
(d) Religious artifact.
5. Who is the obstetrician who delivers Manna's twins?
(a) Mrs. Su.
(c) Ran Su.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Manna sick with before their wedding?
2. Why does Manna feel sad in the weeks following her wedding?
3. What do Manna's eyes look like the day after her rape?
4. What are Manna and Lin's twins diagnosed with?
5. Why does Manna blame Lin for her rape?
Short Essay Questions
1. After River and Lake are healthy again, does Manna and Lin's marriage become right and peaceful?
2. Is Lin secretive?
3. Why would Manna Kill herself if she were pregnant?
4. Is Manna the type of lover Lin predicted?
5. Is Bensheng greedy? Why or why not?
6. What are the double standards of blame in Chapter 10?
7. Does Lin regret divorcing Shuyu?
8. How does Lin feel about being a father?
9. In Chapter 12, time accelerates through years. What has changed or stayed the same?
10. Does Lin love Manna?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)