|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Haiyan explain the news of Manna's rape getting out?
(a) Someone read her journal.
(b) Her husband told his friends.
(c) Someone overheard Manna talking about it.
(d) She claims she had nothing to do with it.
2. How does Geng Yang look on television?
3. How does Manna avoiding Shuyu and Lin during Shuyu's visit to the hospital make her look?
4. What Makes Manna think Ran Su knows about her rape?
(a) He whispers whenever she walks into the room.
(b) He keeps asking her how she is doing.
(c) His forced smile.
(d) He is avoiding her.
5. What is causing Lin the pain in his back and foot?
(a) His stomach.
(b) His spine.
(c) His heart.
(d) His kidney.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Manna tell Lin her blood pressure is?
2. Why does Manna feel sad in the weeks following her wedding?
3. How many days of maternity leave is Manna given?
4. How much is Manna working when she returns to work?
5. What does Manna say to Lin when he comes back into the delivery room to see his sons?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is Bensheng greedy? Why or why not?
2. In Chapter 12, time accelerates through years. What has changed or stayed the same?
3. Do people in the hospital view Shuyu as a joke?
4. Why would Manna Kill herself if she were pregnant?
5. Does Lin enjoy his wedding?
6. Does Hua agree with Lin's desire to divorce Shuyu?
7. What about Ran Su's blessing makes Manna so upset?
8. In Chapter 9, how does Lin prove not to be as cold to his family as he originally felt?
9. After River and Lake are healthy again, does Manna and Lin's marriage become right and peaceful?
10. Does Lin love Manna?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)