|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Manna react to seeing Geng Yang on TV?
(a) She breaks the TV.
(b) She is happy for Geng Yang.
(c) She is unaffected.
(d) She is hysterical.
2. Why is Hua sad to be leaving Goose Village?
(a) She has friends there.
(b) The weather is nicer.
(c) She has to quit her job.
(d) He boyfriend lives there.
3. Bensheng wishes Hua would find a different boyfriend because soldiers are not ______ anymore.
4. What is Bensheng most jealous of at the end of "Waiting?"
(a) Hua is earning money.
(b) Shuyu's happiness.
(c) Manna's beauty.
(d) Lin has three children.
5. By the end of Chapter 10, how long will it be until Lin returns from his conference in Shengyang?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Six months.
(c) Two months.
(d) Twelve days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Lin done to help Manna through her illness?
2. Why does Lin go to visit Hua and Shuyu at the match plant?
3. What surprises Lin about Manna's pregnancy?
4. Why does Lin caution Manna about revealing anymore to Haiyan?
5. What does Haiyan think Lin's reaction to Manna's rape will be?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 12, time accelerates through years. What has changed or stayed the same?
2. Why does Manna wish she had a daughter like Hua?
3. What does Lin think is the effect of Manna's suffering?
4. Is Manna turning into a jealous wife?
5. Is Shuyu simple-minded?
6. Is Lin going to leave Manna?
7. In Chapter 9, how does Lin prove not to be as cold to his family as he originally felt?
8. Why does Lin think he and Manna shouldn't make love so much?
9. After the secret of Manna's rape gets out, how does the way the hospital staff treats Manna and Lin change?
10. Does Lin regret divorcing Shuyu?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)