|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Manna's heart murmur often turns to a _______ rhythm.
2. What do the women at the hair salon say about Lin for wanting to divorce Shuyu?
(a) He is heartless.
(b) He is smart.
(c) He is selfish.
(d) He is impulsive.
3. When Manna speaks to someone outside their apartment, what does Lin notice her voice is still full of?
4. Why does the judge reject the divorce of the couple whose hearing is held before Lin and Shuyu's?
(a) Because the husband has already been divorced twice.
(b) Because the wife is pregnant.
(c) Because the wife has unfounded accusations.
(d) Because the husband paid the judge.
5. What phrase does Lin paint on the banner when a general visits the hospital?
(a) "Come Again Soon."
(b) "Warmly Welcomed."
(c) "Peace Be With You!"
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bensheng most jealous of at the end of "Waiting?"
2. Why does Manna tell Ran Su she wants Lin to stay home more?
3. What is Manna's excuse to the other nurses for looking so sickly the day after the rape?
4. How much is Manna working when she returns to work?
5. What is the rule about foot-binding that Shuyu explains to one of the nurses?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is Lin going to leave Manna?
2. What does Lin think is the effect of Manna's suffering?
3. Do people in the hospital view Shuyu as a joke?
4. Does Hua agree with Lin's desire to divorce Shuyu?
5. How does tradition aid Lin in Chapter 9?
6. How does Lin realize the reason he hasn't received a promotion in ten years?
7. What about seeing Geng Yang upsets Manna so much?
8. What about Ran Su's blessing makes Manna so upset?
9. Is Manna turning into a jealous wife?
10. Is Bensheng greedy? Why or why not?
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)