|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What phrase does Lin paint on the banner when a general visits the hospital?
(a) "Peace Be With You!"
(b) "Warmly Welcomed."
(c) "Come Again Soon."
2. When Lin notices how sick Manna looks, what does he compare her to?
(a) A monster.
(b) A leper.
(c) A pregnant woman.
(d) An old woman.
3. What does Manna NOT question after her dream about Geng Yang?
(a) Geng Yang.
(b) Mai Dong.
(c) Why Lin abandoned her.
(d) What could have been.
4. What are Manna and Lin's twins diagnosed with?
5. What is Manna sick with before their wedding?
(a) The flu.
(b) An unknown disease.
(c) A cold.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why won't Mrs. Su attend the wedding?
2. The voice in Lin's head makes him realize his love for Manna is only _____.
3. What surprises Lin about Manna's pregnancy?
4. What has Manna secretly been taking to help her feel better?
5. What does Geng Yang do in Manna's dream?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why would Manna Kill herself if she were pregnant?
2. Why does Lin think he and Manna shouldn't make love so much?
3. What about seeing Geng Yang upsets Manna so much?
4. Is Manna the type of lover Lin predicted?
5. Is Shuyu simple-minded?
6. Why doesn't Lin stay in the delivery room while Manna is giving birth?
7. Why does Lin want Shuyu and Hua to have urban residential status?
8. Does Lin regret divorcing Shuyu?
9. What are the double standards of blame in Chapter 10?
10. Why does Manna wish she had a daughter like Hua?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)