|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Lin know how to medically treat a rape victim?
(a) It is not his area of practice.
(b) He believes there is nothing to treat.
(c) It was never taught in school.
(d) It is criminal.
2. What also happens as the twins' dysentery is cured?
(a) They fight and cry more.
(b) They sleep better.
(c) They eat more.
(d) They start to talk.
3. What does Manna NOT question after her dream about Geng Yang?
(a) Geng Yang.
(b) Why Lin abandoned her.
(c) Mai Dong.
(d) What could have been.
4. What does Manna scream at Lin while she is in labor?
(c) "I'm dying."
(d) "I love you."
5. How does Haiyan explain the news of Manna's rape getting out?
(a) Her husband told his friends.
(b) Someone overheard Manna talking about it.
(c) She claims she had nothing to do with it.
(d) Someone read her journal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Hua sad to be leaving Goose Village?
2. What do Manna's symptoms of her bad heart resemble?
3. By the end of Chapter 10, how long will it be until Lin returns from his conference in Shengyang?
4. Why is Geng Yang on TV?
5. Only a woman over the age of _______ would be expected to have bound feet.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lin feel about being a father?
2. Is Lin going to leave Manna?
3. In Chapter 9, how does Lin prove not to be as cold to his family as he originally felt?
4. Why does Lin think they should tell Ran Su about Manna's rape as soon as possible?
5. Why does Lin want Shuyu and Hua to have urban residential status?
6. Why would Manna Kill herself if she were pregnant?
7. Why doesn't Lin stay in the delivery room while Manna is giving birth?
8. Is Manna turning into a jealous wife?
9. Why does Lin think he and Manna shouldn't make love so much?
10. What about seeing Geng Yang upsets Manna so much?
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)