|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ran Su's only condition on allowing Manna and Lin to take Geng Yang out to dinner?
(a) The three must stay together.
(b) Ran Su can attend as well.
(c) Lin must pay for the meal.
(d) They must go out during the day.
2. What is Geng Yang's response to "The Flower Girl"?
(a) He is overwhelmed with emotion.
(b) He criticizes the acting.
(c) He cries.
(d) He is unaffected.
3. At the end of Part 2: Chapter 8, what does Lin regret talking to Manna about?
(a) Finding her a transfer.
(b) Paying Bensheng.
(c) Arranging another boyfriend for her.
(d) Postponing the divorce.
4. At the restaurant, what is Geng Yang's advice for Lin to encourage his wife to consent to a divorce?
(a) He bribes the judge.
(b) He pays Shuyu.
(c) He threatens Shuyu.
(d) He refuses to sleep with her.
5. What is Manna considered dangerously close to because of her age?
(a) Being sent to a less demanding hospital.
(b) Getting fired from her job.
(c) Becoming an old maid.
(d) Becoming seriously ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lin and Manna break up, what does Lin do to occupy his time?
2. For how long is Lin permitted to return home once a year?
3. When the hospital goes to see the film, how does Manna act regarding feelings for Lin?
4. Why does Lin's brother need to borrow money?
5. As Lin's attempts to divorce Shuyu continue to fail, how does Manna come to treat the other nurses?
Short Essay Questions
1. What dilemmas do Shuyu's feet make for Lin?
2. Why does Shuyu's brother object to Lin's wish for a divorce?
3. Why is Lin concerned that Bensheng invites Ren to his house?
4. Why does Manna help Lin put dust covers on his books?
5. How is Manna extremely selfish in the beginning of Chapter 7?
6. Why is Manna hesitant to become engaged to Mai Dong before her graduation? What is their deciding factor in holding off their engagement?
7. Why is Lin ashamed that he asks Manna to share the cost of the bribe?
8. What does Lin's daydream about the nurses say about him?
9. How does Manna begin to advance on Lin?
10. How is Lin painted to be at fault through Chapter 9?
This section contains 1,007 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)