|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rare food does Bensheng bring to Lin's house?
2. After Lin's father dies, how do his feelings about his wife and marriage change?
(a) He realizes life is short and he wants to stay with his wife.
(b) He realizes life is short and he should live how he wants.
(c) He no longer needs to be married to Shuyu.
(d) He should remain married out of respect for his parents.
3. As Lin's attempts to divorce Shuyu continue to fail, how does Manna come to treat the other nurses?
(c) With hostility.
(d) Extra helpful.
4. What is the purpose of the newspaper article about Lin and Shuyu's divorce hearing?
(a) To add to the statistics of divorce in China.
(b) To support Lin's decision.
(c) To criticize the judge.
(d) To discourage Lin from continuing.
5. When Lin returns to the hospital after failing to ask his wife for a divorce he tells Manna he is too what to spend time with her?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Manna Wu's parents die?
2. Why can't anyone play cards as the people in Lin's dream do?
3. What is the reason Manna gives Lin for wanting to sleep with him?
4. On his first day in Muji City, what is Liang Meng's reason for needing to return home so soon?
5. What American poet does Commissar Wei recommend to Manna?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why won't Manna report her rape?
2. What is the relationship Manna Wu invents between Lin Kong and Pinging Ma? Why does Manna think Pingping is more appealing to Lin than she is?
3. Why doesn't Geng Yang cry during "The Flower Girl?" What conclusion does Manna draw about him?
4. Why is Manna's meeting with Commissar Wei very pleasant?
5. Why does Manna help Lin put dust covers on his books?
6. What is the crowd at the courthouse defending when they are scolding Lin?
7. What about Lin's response to Manna's prospective engagement make him rethink his attachment?
8. How is Manna extremely selfish in the beginning of Chapter 7?
9. Why does Lin discourage Manna from joining any of the revolutionary parties in the hospital?
10. Why is Lin concerned that Bensheng invites Ren to his house?
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)