|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Manna hesitant to pursue sleeping with Lin?
(a) Because she is a virgin.
(b) Because she doesn't want to manipulate Lin.
(c) Because she may be expelled from the army.
(d) Because she doesn't want to get pregnant.
2. What is the reason Manna gives Lin for wanting to sleep with him?
(a) To secure their relationship.
(b) To get him expelled from the army.
(c) To get attention from other nurses.
(d) To give him a son.
3. Why does manna ask to be left behind to die during the hospital camp-and-field training?
(a) Because her heart is still broken by Mai Dong.
(b) Because she is ashamed of having feelings for Lin.
(c) Because she is so tired.
(d) Because she feels responsible for a patient's death.
4. What do Manna and Liang Meng talk about when they first meet at the hospital?
(d) The weather.
5. Why does Geng Yang think Lin should sleep with Manna?
(a) To make Manna undesirable to other men.
(b) To have a child.
(c) To motivate himself to divorce Shuyu.
(d) For enjoyment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lin's concern about Manna becoming engaged to another man?
2. What American poet does Commissar Wei recommend to Manna?
3. Commissar Wei stops in Muji City on his way to which border?
4. On his first day in Muji City, what is Liang Meng's reason for needing to return home so soon?
5. After a chief in the City Administration dies, what does Manna begin to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lin's daydream about the nurses say about him?
2. Why does Lin think he and Manna shouldn't make love so much?
3. Is Manna the type of lover Lin predicted?
4. Why is Lin concerned that Bensheng invites Ren to his house?
5. After River and Lake are healthy again, does Manna and Lin's marriage become right and peaceful?
6. After the secret of Manna's rape gets out, how does the way the hospital staff treats Manna and Lin change?
7. Why has Lin doubted himself of being a "normal" man? How does he gauge "normal?"
8. Although a relationship between Manna and Liang Meng is Lin's idea, what is his attitude? Why?
9. In Chapter 9, how does Lin prove not to be as cold to his family as he originally felt?
10. How does Lin feel about being a father?
This section contains 985 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)