|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Commissar Wei ask the hospital to recommend for him?
(a) A nurse or doctor to marry.
(b) A good movie.
(c) A good medicine for back pain.
(d) An apartment to rent in Muji City.
2. What is the reason Manna gives Lin for wanting to sleep with him?
(a) To secure their relationship.
(b) To get attention from other nurses.
(c) To give him a son.
(d) To get him expelled from the army.
3. At the end of Part 2: Chapter 8, what does Lin regret talking to Manna about?
(a) Paying Bensheng.
(b) Arranging another boyfriend for her.
(c) Postponing the divorce.
(d) Finding her a transfer.
4. What do the villagers in Goose Village think of Shuyu?
(a) She is rude.
(b) She is unfaithful.
(c) She is perfect.
(d) She is a bad mother.
5. When Lin returns to the hospital after failing to ask his wife for a divorce he tells Manna he is too what to spend time with her?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why must Lin accompany Manna and Liang Meng's meeting at the hospital?
2. Why does the group congregate outside the courthouse after Lin and Shuyu's divorce hearing?
3. What American poet does Commissar Wei recommend to Manna?
4. After being deployed, what does Mai Dong write to Manna to tell her?
5. What is Ran Su's only condition on allowing Manna and Lin to take Geng Yang out to dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Lin ashamed that he asks Manna to share the cost of the bribe?
2. What is the crowd at the courthouse defending when they are scolding Lin?
3. Why has Lin doubted himself of being a "normal" man? How does he gauge "normal?"
4. How does Manna begin to advance on Lin?
5. Why does Lin discourage Manna from joining any of the revolutionary parties in the hospital?
6. Why doesn't Geng Yang cry during "The Flower Girl?" What conclusion does Manna draw about him?
7. Why is Manna's meeting with Commissar Wei very pleasant?
8. What about Lin's response to Manna's prospective engagement make him rethink his attachment?
9. What draws and repels Manna and Liang Meng to and from each other?
10. What is the relationship Manna Wu invents between Lin Kong and Pinging Ma? Why does Manna think Pingping is more appealing to Lin than she is?
This section contains 1,005 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)