|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What lie does Manna write in a letter to Liang Meng that scares him off?
(a) She is divorced.
(b) She has a child.
(c) She has heart disease.
(d) She has an STD.
2. Why does Shuyu ask to spend the night with Lin one night when he is home?
(a) She wants to give him a son.
(b) She is afraid of the dark.
(c) She misses him when he is away.
(d) She doesn't want to share her room with their houseguests.
3. What does Commissar Wei ask the hospital to recommend for him?
(a) A nurse or doctor to marry.
(b) An apartment to rent in Muji City.
(c) A good medicine for back pain.
(d) A good movie.
4. When Liang Meng and Manna meet alone in the city, whose poetry does he quote?
(a) Xiao Gang.
(c) Chen Zi'ang.
(d) Li Po.
5. What rumor is going around the hospital about Lin's wife?
(a) She can't have children.
(b) She is having an affair with another doctor.
(c) She is eight years his senior.
(d) She wants to divorce him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose of the newspaper article about Lin and Shuyu's divorce hearing?
2. What do Manna and Liang Meng talk about when they first meet at the hospital?
3. What rare food does Bensheng bring to Lin's house?
4. When Manna thanks Lin for his help, what is his response?
5. What happens to Lin's weight when he falls ill with tuberculosis?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why won't Manna report her rape?
2. Is Manna turning into a jealous wife?
3. How does Lin change the direction of his and Manna's relationship as his divorce seems less and less likely?
4. What does Lin's daydream about the nurses say about him?
5. Does Lin love Manna?
6. What about Lin's response to Manna's prospective engagement make him rethink his attachment?
7. Does Lin enjoy his wedding?
8. How does Lin share Manna's feelings about Geng Yang?
9. Is Lin going to leave Manna?
10. When Lin shows Manna the photo of his wife and daughter, what upset does it bring to their relationship? What solace does it bring to Manna?
This section contains 885 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)