Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Manna squat over a bucket for so long?
(a) Her back is sore.
(b) She is constipated.
(c) To prevent pregnancy.
(d) She is cold.
2. On his first day in Muji City, what is Liang Meng's reason for needing to return home so soon?
(a) His daughter is ill.
(b) He has run out of money.
(c) He doesn't like the weather.
(d) Lin told him to leave.
3. What is Lin's concern about Manna becoming engaged to another man?
(a) She will continue to carry on her affair with Lin.
(b) He isn't ready to lose her.
(c) She will be cheated on.
(d) She might be taken advantage of.
4. What does Manna do for Lin that most fiancées do for their men?
(a) Take care of him when he's sick.
(b) His laundry.
(c) Clean his room.
(d) Sleep with him.
5. What are Lin's conditions on Manna's prospective new fiancé?
(a) He doesn't ever divorce her.
(b) He takes her far away.
(c) She is promoted and goes to college.
(d) He still allows them to see each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the prognosis for Lin's tuberculosis?
2. What is Lin's observation of how Geng Yang speaks?
3. Why must Lin accompany Manna and Liang Meng's meeting at the hospital?
4. What does the judge require Lin bring to him before the divorce hearing can continue?
5. When Lin returns to the hospital after failing to ask his wife for a divorce he tells Manna he is too what to spend time with her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Shuyu's brother object to Lin's wish for a divorce?
2. How is Manna extremely selfish in the beginning of Chapter 7?
3. What draws and repels Manna and Liang Meng to and from each other?
4. What is the crowd at the courthouse defending when they are scolding Lin?
5. Why is Lin's response to "Leaves of Grass" peculiar to his usual tendencies towards literature?
6. How does Lin share Manna's feelings about Geng Yang?
7. How do the two men in Manna's life in Chapter 4 leave her between a rock and a hard place?
8. Why does Manna wish she had a daughter like Hua?
9. Is Lin going to leave Manna?
10. After the secret of Manna's rape gets out, how does the way the hospital staff treats Manna and Lin change?
This section contains 950 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)