|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Manna compare herself to at the prospect of her engagement to Commissar Wei?
(a) A prostitute.
(b) A thief.
(c) A princess.
(d) A flower in bloom.
2. What reason does Lin give Shuyu for wanting a divorce?
(a) He doesn't want to travel to Goose Village anymore.
(b) She can't bear any more children.
(c) He wants to make a home in the city.
(d) He is bored with her.
3. When Lin and Manna break up, what does Lin do to occupy his time?
(a) Pursue other women.
(b) Write letters to his wife.
(c) Recatologue medical records.
4. What is Lin's concern about Manna becoming engaged to another man?
(a) He isn't ready to lose her.
(b) She might be taken advantage of.
(c) She will continue to carry on her affair with Lin.
(d) She will be cheated on.
5. What does Commissar Wei call to tell Ran Su the day after his meeting with Manna?
(a) She smells bad and should shower more.
(b) He enjoys her and wants to keep in contact.
(c) She is ugly and he doesn't want to see her again.
(d) She is incompetent and should be fired.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the group congregate outside the courthouse after Lin and Shuyu's divorce hearing?
2. Aside from Latin, what languages must nurses learn to be promoted to assistant doctor?
3. Which revolutionary party is Manna interested in joining?
4. At the restaurant, what is Geng Yang's advice for Lin to encourage his wife to consent to a divorce?
5. What is the difference between Lin's side of the room and his roommates' side?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lin think he and Manna shouldn't make love so much?
2. Is Manna turning into a jealous wife?
3. Why is Manna more embarrassed than heartbroken at Commissar Wei's rejection?
4. Why does Lin discourage Manna from joining any of the revolutionary parties in the hospital?
5. How does Lin share Manna's feelings about Geng Yang?
6. What about Ran Su's blessing makes Manna so upset?
7. After River and Lake are healthy again, does Manna and Lin's marriage become right and peaceful?
8. Why does Lin want Shuyu and Hua to have urban residential status?
9. Why won't Manna report her rape?
10. Why does Lin think an attempt to pay Shuyu or Bensheng for a divorce would fail?
This section contains 918 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)