|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Haiyan explain the news of Manna's rape getting out?
(a) Someone read her journal.
(b) She claims she had nothing to do with it.
(c) Her husband told his friends.
(d) Someone overheard Manna talking about it.
2. What holiday do Manna and Lin prepare for at the end of "Waiting?"
(a) Spring Festival.
(b) Mao's Birthday.
(c) Chinese New Year.
3. Why does Shuyu want her hair cut short?
(a) She needs a dramatic change.
(b) She wants to look more mature.
(c) So it needs to be cut less often.
(d) Lin will like the haircut.
4. As Manna's pregnancy progresses, she becomes more and more ______.
5. Why is Manna upset that Lin is teaching the orderlies?
(a) Because she wants to teach the class.
(b) Because he is lying to her.
(c) Because he is a bad teacher.
(d) Because they are young girls.
6. What are Manna and Lin's twins diagnosed with?
7. What Makes Manna think Ran Su knows about her rape?
(a) He whispers whenever she walks into the room.
(b) His forced smile.
(c) He keeps asking her how she is doing.
(d) He is avoiding her.
8. What is Shuyu's only request of Lin at the divorce hearing?
(a) Hua be placed with a job.
(b) Lin pay her 2,000 yen a year.
(c) She can keep the family cat.
(d) Lin finds Hua a husband.
9. What is Bensheng NOT upset about when he comes to Lin's house drunk in the middle of the night?
(a) Lin taking Shuyu to the city.
(b) Lin leaving him with nothing.
(c) Lin divorcing Shuyu.
(d) Lin taking Hua with him.
10. What is the rule about foot-binding that Shuyu explains to one of the nurses?
(a) Only the husband can see them.
(b) You cannot paint your toenails.
(c) You cannot take pain medication.
(d) You must be younger than ten to begin the binding.
11. Why does Lin caution Manna about revealing anymore to Haiyan?
(a) She is idiotic.
(b) She is a secret agent.
(c) She is unreliable.
(d) She is forgetful.
12. How much does Lin sell his house for?
(a) 4,000 yen.
(b) 5,000 yen.
(c) 3,200 yen.
(d) 2,000 yen.
13. Who does Snow Goose say Lin's sons look like?
(c) Geng Yang.
(d) Chairman Mao.
14. Why is Bensheng upset after Lin sells the house?
(a) Because Shuyu wants to keep it.
(b) Because that house holds so many memories.
(c) Because he does not leave much for Bensheng.
(d) Because he under-sold it.
15. Who is the obstetrician who delivers Manna's twins?
(a) Ran Su.
(b) Mrs. Su.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Manna's legs feel like as she walks away from spying on Lin's class?
2. What does Manna show Lin from her locked box?
3. What is the subject of the class that Lin teaches orderly nurses?
4. Manna's heart murmur often turns to a _______ rhythm.
5. Why is Geng Yang on TV?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)