|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Snow Goose say Lin's sons look like?
(a) Chairman Mao.
(c) Geng Yang.
2. What does Manna scream at Lin while she is in labor?
(c) "I'm dying."
(d) "I love you."
3. What does Geng Yang do in Manna's dream?
(b) Kidnaps the twins.
(c) Kills Lin.
(d) Rapes her.
4. What is the subject of the class that Lin teaches orderly nurses?
5. What does Manna show Lin from her locked box?
(a) Her collection of chairman Mao pins.
(b) Her collection of seashells.
(c) Photos of her parents.
(d) Her old journals.
6. What does Manna tell Lin her blood pressure is?
7. Why is Bensheng upset after Lin sells the house?
(a) Because he under-sold it.
(b) Because he does not leave much for Bensheng.
(c) Because that house holds so many memories.
(d) Because Shuyu wants to keep it.
8. Who is the obstetrician who delivers Manna's twins?
(a) Ran Su.
(b) Mrs. Su.
9. What is Bensheng most jealous of at the end of "Waiting?"
(a) Lin has three children.
(b) Hua is earning money.
(c) Manna's beauty.
(d) Shuyu's happiness.
10. Why does the judge reject the divorce of the couple whose hearing is held before Lin and Shuyu's?
(a) Because the husband paid the judge.
(b) Because the wife has unfounded accusations.
(c) Because the husband has already been divorced twice.
(d) Because the wife is pregnant.
11. What do Manna's eyes look like the day after her rape?
(a) They are blue-lidded.
(b) They are red and swollen.
(c) They are bloodshot.
(d) They will not open.
12. How does Manna react to seeing Geng Yang on TV?
(a) She breaks the TV.
(b) She is happy for Geng Yang.
(c) She is hysterical.
(d) She is unaffected.
13. What surprises Lin about Manna's pregnancy?
(a) He thought she was injured by Geng Yang.
(b) They always used protection.
(c) She must have conceived before their marriage.
(d) She is 44.
14. Why does Manna throw a temper tantrum while Lin is cooking dinner?
(a) He burned the rice.
(b) He is talking too much.
(c) She does not like the taste.
(d) He made too much.
15. Why do the orderlies ask Lin to teach the class?
(a) Lin offered to teach it.
(b) They have exams.
(c) They think Lin is handsome.
(d) They do not like Manna and want her to be jealous.
Short Answer Questions
1. Manna's heart murmur often turns to a _______ rhythm.
2. What holiday do Manna and Lin prepare for at the end of "Waiting?"
3. What does Director Chen think is an inappropriate wedding activity?
4. What does Manna decide to do if she is pregnant?
5. What book does Lin give to Ran Su?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)