|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the subject of the class that Lin teaches orderly nurses?
2. What does Lin fantasize about as Manna grows more ill?
(a) What could have been.
(b) Running away.
3. How does Manna react to seeing Geng Yang on TV?
(a) She breaks the TV.
(b) She is happy for Geng Yang.
(c) She is unaffected.
(d) She is hysterical.
4. What does Lin compare the box at the bottom of Manna's closet to?
(b) Jewelry box.
(c) Religious artifact.
(d) Cinerary casket.
5. Why does Lin caution Manna about revealing anymore to Haiyan?
(a) She is forgetful.
(b) She is idiotic.
(c) She is unreliable.
(d) She is a secret agent.
6. When does Manna realize Lin might be bored with her?
(a) She overhears a rumor.
(b) He flirts with other women.
(c) He does not speak to her anymore.
(d) He does not care that they sleep in separate beds.
7. Only a woman over the age of _______ would be expected to have bound feet.
8. What does Manna tell Lin her blood pressure is?
9. How do the nurses at the hospital treat Manna and Lin after they have been together for a long time?
(a) As king and queen.
(b) As lepers.
(c) As husband and wife.
(d) As brother and sister.
10. What is Lin most interested in from Manna's locked box?
(a) Her jewelry.
(b) Her photos.
(c) Her letters from Mai Dong.
(d) Her books.
11. When Manna speaks to someone outside their apartment, what does Lin notice her voice is still full of?
12. Why does Manna feel sad in the weeks following her wedding?
(a) She doesn't see her friends as much.
(b) She wishes her parents could have been there.
(c) She wishes they had married years earlier.
(d) She regrets not marrying another man.
13. What has Lin done to help Manna through her illness?
(b) Spending more time with her.
(c) Buying her presents.
(d) Earning more money.
14. After the secret of her rape gets out, how does Mrs. Su greet Manna every time she sees her?
(a) She hugs her.
(b) She laughs at her.
(c) She runs away.
(d) She curses her.
15. When Lin notices how sick Manna looks, what does he compare her to?
(a) A leper.
(b) A pregnant woman.
(c) A monster.
(d) An old woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Shuyu's only request of Lin at the divorce hearing?
2. What makes Lin realize he is getting old?
3. What is Bensheng NOT upset about when he comes to Lin's house drunk in the middle of the night?
4. Manna's heart murmur often turns to a _______ rhythm.
5. Why doesn't Lin know how to medically treat a rape victim?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)