|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lin go into the city so frequently after Manna gets pregnant?
(a) Manna is always craving.
(b) He cannot stand being around Manna.
(c) She is sick and needs medicine.
(d) He misses his daughter.
2. What does Bensheng's donkey eat too much of that makes its stomach burst?
3. What does Manna spend 70 yen on in preparation for the baby?
(a) Fancy diapers.
(b) Knitting wool.
(c) A crib.
(d) Parenting books.
4. What holiday do Manna and Lin prepare for at the end of "Waiting?"
(a) Mao's Birthday.
(b) Spring Festival.
(d) Chinese New Year.
5. Who is the obstetrician who delivers Manna's twins?
(a) Ran Su.
(d) Mrs. Su.
6. Only a woman over the age of _______ would be expected to have bound feet.
7. How much does Lin sell his house for?
(a) 2,000 yen.
(b) 5,000 yen.
(c) 3,200 yen.
(d) 4,000 yen.
8. What are Manna and Lin's twins diagnosed with?
9. What is Shuyu's only request of Lin at the divorce hearing?
(a) Lin pay her 2,000 yen a year.
(b) Lin finds Hua a husband.
(c) She can keep the family cat.
(d) Hua be placed with a job.
10. Why is Manna upset that Lin is teaching the orderlies?
(a) Because they are young girls.
(b) Because she wants to teach the class.
(c) Because he is lying to her.
(d) Because he is a bad teacher.
11. Bensheng wishes Hua would find a different boyfriend because soldiers are not ______ anymore.
12. How many children are families usually permitted to have?
13. How does Manna react to seeing Geng Yang on TV?
(a) She breaks the TV.
(b) She is unaffected.
(c) She is happy for Geng Yang.
(d) She is hysterical.
14. What makes Lin realize he is getting old?
(a) He is not very virile.
(b) His eyes are failing.
(c) He is having strange dreams.
(d) He celebrates his 60th birthday.
15. How does Lin feel about his inevitable divorce as the court date arrives?
(a) That he wishes it had happened years earlier.
(b) He is ambivalent.
(c) He wants to stay with Shuyu.
(d) That fate is starting him on a new life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What made the pus drain after Shuyu's feet were bound?
2. What do the women at the hair salon say about Lin for wanting to divorce Shuyu?
3. Who does Snow Goose say Lin's sons look like?
4. When Lin notices how sick Manna looks, what does he compare her to?
5. How many days of maternity leave is Manna given?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)