|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Manna throw a temper tantrum while Lin is cooking dinner?
(a) He is talking too much.
(b) He burned the rice.
(c) He made too much.
(d) She does not like the taste.
2. How much is Manna working when she returns to work?
(b) Only on weekends.
3. What does Manna say to Lin when he comes back into the delivery room to see his sons?
(a) I'm sorry.
(b) They're not yours.
(c) Get out.
(d) They're sick.
4. How much does Lin sell his house for?
(a) 5,000 yen.
(b) 4,000 yen.
(c) 3,200 yen.
(d) 2,000 yen.
5. Whose advice is it that ends up saving the twins?
(c) Ran Su.
6. Why do Lin and Manna sleep peacefully at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) They do not make love.
(b) They got a new mattress.
(c) They take a sleeping pill.
(d) The hospital grounds are silent.
7. What made the pus drain after Shuyu's feet were bound?
(a) Soaking them in warm water.
(b) Massaging her feet.
(c) Eating fish.
(d) Herbal medicines.
8. Why do the orderlies ask Lin to teach the class?
(a) They think Lin is handsome.
(b) Lin offered to teach it.
(c) They do not like Manna and want her to be jealous.
(d) They have exams.
9. What surprises Lin about Manna's pregnancy?
(a) She is 44.
(b) She must have conceived before their marriage.
(c) They always used protection.
(d) He thought she was injured by Geng Yang.
10. What is the subject of the class that Lin teaches orderly nurses?
11. Haiyan says she would never marry a doctor because she believes they are only well trained what?
(a) Con artists.
12. Why does the judge reject the divorce of the couple whose hearing is held before Lin and Shuyu's?
(a) Because the wife has unfounded accusations.
(b) Because the husband has already been divorced twice.
(c) Because the husband paid the judge.
(d) Because the wife is pregnant.
13. What do Manna's symptoms of her bad heart resemble?
14. Why does Manna tell Ran Su she wants Lin to stay home more?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She is dying.
(c) Lin is a good cook.
(d) Lin is in poor health.
15. What does Manna NOT question after her dream about Geng Yang?
(a) Mai Dong.
(b) Why Lin abandoned her.
(c) What could have been.
(d) Geng Yang.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Manna secretly been taking to help her feel better?
2. Only a woman over the age of _______ would be expected to have bound feet.
3. How does Lin feel about his inevitable divorce as the court date arrives?
4. Why does Manna feel sad in the weeks following her wedding?
5. When Manna tells Lin the truth about her rape, he is very angry at first and then becomes what?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)