|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Manna's pregnancy progresses, she becomes more and more ______.
2. Why does Manna throw a temper tantrum while Lin is cooking dinner?
(a) He made too much.
(b) She does not like the taste.
(c) He is talking too much.
(d) He burned the rice.
3. What also happens as the twins' dysentery is cured?
(a) They start to talk.
(b) They sleep better.
(c) They eat more.
(d) They fight and cry more.
4. When Lin sees Manna at the mess hall for the first time in days, he sees a flicker of _______ in her face.
5. Why does Manna blame Lin for her rape?
(a) He did nothing to prevent it.
(b) He arranged the meeting.
(c) He told Geng Yang she was a virgin.
(d) He told Geng Yang how fun it is.
6. Why won't Mrs. Su attend the wedding?
(a) Because Ran Su told her not to.
(b) Because she is too sick.
(c) Because she disagrees with divorce.
(d) Because she hates weddings.
7. When Lin notices how sick Manna looks, what does he compare her to?
(a) A pregnant woman.
(b) A leper.
(c) A monster.
(d) An old woman.
8. Why does Manna tell Ran Su she wants Lin to stay home more?
(a) Lin is in poor health.
(b) She is dying.
(c) Lin is a good cook.
(d) She is pregnant.
9. What book does Lin give to Ran Su?
(a) "Anna Karenina."
(b) "Love In The Time Of Cholera."
(c) "Romeo and Juliet."
(d) "Around The World In Eighty Days."
10. Why is Bensheng upset after Lin sells the house?
(a) Because that house holds so many memories.
(b) Because he does not leave much for Bensheng.
(c) Because he under-sold it.
(d) Because Shuyu wants to keep it.
11. Why doesn't Ran Su tell his wife anything?
(a) She thinks he is always lying.
(b) She gossips a lot.
(c) She is a little crazy and unreliable.
(d) He doesn't like her.
12. What does Lin compare the box at the bottom of Manna's closet to?
(a) Jewelry box.
(b) Cinerary casket.
(d) Religious artifact.
13. What do Manna's eyes look like the day after her rape?
(a) They are red and swollen.
(b) They will not open.
(c) They are bloodshot.
(d) They are blue-lidded.
14. What has Manna secretly been taking to help her feel better?
(c) Herbal boluses.
(d) Pain killers.
15. When Manna tells Lin the truth about her rape, he is very angry at first and then becomes what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Manna decide to do if she is pregnant?
2. What is Bensheng NOT upset about when he comes to Lin's house drunk in the middle of the night?
3. Why do the orderlies ask Lin to teach the class?
4. How does Manna react to seeing Geng Yang on TV?
5. What is Manna's excuse to the other nurses for looking so sickly the day after the rape?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)