|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Manna throw a temper tantrum while Lin is cooking dinner?
(a) She does not like the taste.
(b) He burned the rice.
(c) He is talking too much.
(d) He made too much.
2. What is the subject of the class that Lin teaches orderly nurses?
3. Why does the judge reject the divorce of the couple whose hearing is held before Lin and Shuyu's?
(a) Because the husband has already been divorced twice.
(b) Because the wife is pregnant.
(c) Because the wife has unfounded accusations.
(d) Because the husband paid the judge.
4. Why does Manna tell Ran Su she wants Lin to stay home more?
(a) Lin is a good cook.
(b) She is dying.
(c) Lin is in poor health.
(d) She is pregnant.
5. How much alimony does the judge tell Lin to pay Shuyu?
(b) 30 yen a month.
(c) 90 yen a month.
(d) 2,000 yen a year.
6. Why is Geng Yang on TV?
(a) Because he invented a new detergent.
(b) Because he has become very rich.
(c) Because he is an actor on a show.
(d) Because he has been convicted of a crime.
7. How much does Lin sell his house for?
(a) 3,200 yen.
(b) 2,000 yen.
(c) 5,000 yen.
(d) 4,000 yen.
8. Why does Manna have to leave the wedding?
(a) She spills something on her dress.
(b) She starts to cry.
(c) A nurse acts mean to her.
(d) She feels sick.
9. Why doesn't Lin know how to medically treat a rape victim?
(a) He believes there is nothing to treat.
(b) It is not his area of practice.
(c) It was never taught in school.
(d) It is criminal.
10. Why won't Mrs. Su attend the wedding?
(a) Because she disagrees with divorce.
(b) Because Ran Su told her not to.
(c) Because she is too sick.
(d) Because she hates weddings.
11. The voice in Lin's head makes him realize his love for Manna is only _____.
(a) A symbol.
(c) A fantasy.
(d) A crush.
12. By the end of Chapter 10, how long will it be until Lin returns from his conference in Shengyang?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Six months.
(c) Two months.
(d) Twelve days.
13. Bensheng wishes Hua would find a different boyfriend because soldiers are not ______ anymore.
14. What does Manna spend 70 yen on in preparation for the baby?
(a) Knitting wool.
(b) A crib.
(c) Parenting books.
(d) Fancy diapers.
15. Where does Hua find a job in Muji City?
(a) The hair salon.
(b) The match plant.
(c) The hospital.
(d) A department store.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lin sees Manna at the mess hall for the first time in days, he sees a flicker of _______ in her face.
2. What does Manna show Lin from her locked box?
3. Why does Lin go to visit Hua and Shuyu at the match plant?
4. What has Manna secretly been taking to help her feel better?
5. What do the women at the hair salon say about Lin for wanting to divorce Shuyu?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)