|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Geng Yang think Lin should carry out his relationship with Manna?
(a) Keep her as his mistress.
(b) End the relationship soon.
(c) Pretend like he's married to her.
(d) Keep her until he grows tired of her.
2. What holiday is the staff banquet celebrating at the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) National Day.
(b) Mao's birthday.
(c) New Year.
3. At the restaurant, what is Geng Yang's advice for Lin to encourage his wife to consent to a divorce?
(a) He bribes the judge.
(b) He threatens Shuyu.
(c) He refuses to sleep with her.
(d) He pays Shuyu.
4. Why does Manna find Geng Yang "interesting?"
(a) He has a strange body.
(b) He is very kind.
(c) He is very masculine.
(d) He speaks with an accent.
5. How long have Lin and Shuyu been separated for at the beginning of "Waiting"?
(a) Two years.
(b) Four months.
(c) Eighteen years.
(d) Seven years.
6. What is the reason Manna gives Lin for wanting to sleep with him?
(a) To get attention from other nurses.
(b) To secure their relationship.
(c) To get him expelled from the army.
(d) To give him a son.
7. At the end of Part 2: Chapter 8, what does Lin regret talking to Manna about?
(a) Paying Bensheng.
(b) Finding her a transfer.
(c) Postponing the divorce.
(d) Arranging another boyfriend for her.
8. What is Ran Su's only condition on allowing Manna and Lin to take Geng Yang out to dinner?
(a) Lin must pay for the meal.
(b) Ran Su can attend as well.
(c) They must go out during the day.
(d) The three must stay together.
9. What controversial items does Manna see in Lin's room?
(a) Pictures of his family.
(b) A stack of journals.
(c) His laundry.
(d) Foreign books.
10. How much yen does Llin have in the bank?
(a) 1,000 yen.
(b) 45 yen.
(c) 600 yen.
(d) 2,000 yen.
11. When Ran Su is cautioning Lin about his relationship with Mann, what does he mean by "abnormal" relationship?
12. During Lin's second attempt to divorce his wife, what does Manna buy in anticipation that she will be married soon?
(a) A wedding dress.
(c) A baby crib.
(d) New bedding.
13. Who is Lin's new roommate when he gets tuberculosis?
(a) Mai Dong.
(b) Geng Yang.
(c) Ran Su.
(d) Liang Meng.
14. After Manna wins a prize for table tennis, what does she tell Lin is her wish?
(a) To see a picture of Shuyu.
(b) To quit the army.
(c) For Lin to propose to her.
(d) For Lin to kiss her.
15. What rare food does Bensheng bring to Lin's house?
Short Answer Questions
1. Although Manna is lying, what is Commissar Wei's response to her claim of reading Russian novels?
2. Aside from Latin, what languages must nurses learn to be promoted to assistant doctor?
3. If Manna's parents had lived, she thinks they could have been ________.
4. Early in her fixation, what deters Manna's pursuance of Lin?
5. What are Lin's conditions on Manna's prospective new fiancé?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)