|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Commissar Wei's reason for wanting to discontinue his relationship with Manna?
(a) She has poor handwriting.
(b) She smells bad.
(c) She is too old.
(d) He knows about her and Lin.
2. While recapping her meeting with the commissar, Manna tells Lin Commissar Wei is more like a what than a warrior?
3. Why does Manna find Geng Yang "interesting?"
(a) He is very kind.
(b) He is very masculine.
(c) He has a strange body.
(d) He speaks with an accent.
4. What does Commissar Wei ask the hospital to recommend for him?
(a) A good movie.
(b) An apartment to rent in Muji City.
(c) A nurse or doctor to marry.
(d) A good medicine for back pain.
5. When the hospital goes to see the film, how does Manna act regarding feelings for Lin?
(a) Lin feels curious of her feelings.
(b) She keeps them a secret.
(c) She tells him outright.
(d) She is very indiscreet.
6. Why do Lin's comrades object to his long, parted in the middle hairstyle?
(a) Because he looks too vain.
(b) Because he looks too feminine.
(c) Because he looks disheveled.
(d) Because he looks too intellectual.
7. Why does the audience cry during "The Flower Girl"?
(a) It brings back bad memories.
(b) The move is violent.
(c) The main character dies.
(d) The young girls in the movie are crying.
8. Why does Shuyu ask to spend the night with Lin one night when he is home?
(a) She wants to give him a son.
(b) She doesn't want to share her room with their houseguests.
(c) She misses him when he is away.
(d) She is afraid of the dark.
9. When Ran Su is cautioning Lin about his relationship with Mann, what does he mean by "abnormal" relationship?
10. What is Lin's observation of how Geng Yang speaks?
11. What rumor is going around the hospital about Lin's wife?
(a) She wants to divorce him.
(b) She is eight years his senior.
(c) She is having an affair with another doctor.
(d) She can't have children.
12. For how long is Lin permitted to return home once a year?
(a) One month.
(b) Twelve days.
(c) One week.
(d) Two months.
13. What reason does Lin give Shuyu for wanting a divorce?
(a) He doesn't want to travel to Goose Village anymore.
(b) He is bored with her.
(c) She can't bear any more children.
(d) He wants to make a home in the city.
14. What are Lin's conditions on Manna's prospective new fiancé?
(a) He doesn't ever divorce her.
(b) He takes her far away.
(c) She is promoted and goes to college.
(d) He still allows them to see each other.
15. Why can't Manna be transferred to another hospital?
(a) She isn't talented enough.
(b) Lin convinces them not to.
(c) Manna refuses to go.
(d) Too many nurses are in the service.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Liang Meng and Manna meet alone in the city, whose poetry does he quote?
2. Who does Manna hit while riding her bike home one night?
3. What rare food does Bensheng bring to Lin's house?
4. Lin's roles as an officer and doctor make him what kind of a man?
5. What does Lin observe about Ran Su's feet?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)