|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the judge require Lin bring to him before the divorce hearing can continue?
(a) Proof that Shuyu is having an affair.
(b) A glass of water.
(c) A letter or recommendation.
(d) Information about Manna.
2. What is Lin's favorite part of visiting home?
(a) Working on the farm.
(b) Seeing his daughter.
(c) Seeing his wife.
(d) Escaping the city.
3. When the hospital goes to see the film, how does Manna act regarding feelings for Lin?
(a) Lin feels curious of her feelings.
(b) She tells him outright.
(c) She keeps them a secret.
(d) She is very indiscreet.
4. On his first day in Muji City, what is Liang Meng's reason for needing to return home so soon?
(a) He doesn't like the weather.
(b) He has run out of money.
(c) His daughter is ill.
(d) Lin told him to leave.
5. After being deployed, what does Mai Dong write to Manna to tell her?
(a) He is marrying his cousin.
(b) He is marrying his niece.
(c) He wants to marry her when he returns.
(d) He has a girlfriend.
6. What does Commissar Wei ask the hospital to recommend for him?
(a) An apartment to rent in Muji City.
(b) A nurse or doctor to marry.
(c) A good medicine for back pain.
(d) A good movie.
7. Why does Geng Yang ask Manna to come to his room?
(a) To say goodbye.
(b) So he can give her Lin's books.
(c) To give her a present.
(d) So she can help him pack.
8. During Lin's second attempt to divorce his wife, what does Manna buy in anticipation that she will be married soon?
(a) New bedding.
(b) A baby crib.
(d) A wedding dress.
9. When Lin is questioned by the voice in his head about his refusal to sleep with Manna, he says that their relationship is not based on what?
(a) The rules of society.
(c) The flesh.
(d) What others want.
10. Since Lin thinks that his divorce is unlikely, what does he propose Manna should do?
(a) Wait for him.
(b) Find another boyfriend.
(c) Transfer to another hospital.
(d) Kill his wife.
11. At the holiday banquet, what does Lin warn Manna not to do so much?
12. Who does Manna hit while riding her bike home one night?
(b) Ran Su.
(c) Ran Su's wife.
13. What holiday is the staff banquet celebrating at the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) New Year.
(b) National Day.
(d) Mao's birthday.
14. Why does the audience cry during "The Flower Girl"?
(a) The main character dies.
(b) It brings back bad memories.
(c) The move is violent.
(d) The young girls in the movie are crying.
15. While recapping her meeting with the commissar, Manna tells Lin Commissar Wei is more like a what than a warrior?
Short Answer Questions
1. On the hospital camp-and-field training, what does Lin do to help Manna and the other nurses when they stop for the night?
2. What does Manna compare herself to at the prospect of her engagement to Commissar Wei?
3. What is the purpose of the newspaper article about Lin and Shuyu's divorce hearing?
4. What do the villagers in Goose Village think of Shuyu?
5. How does Geng Yang think Lin should carry out his relationship with Manna?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)