|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lin's favorite part of visiting home?
(a) Seeing his daughter.
(b) Working on the farm.
(c) Escaping the city.
(d) Seeing his wife.
2. What do Manna and Liang Meng talk about when they first meet at the hospital?
(b) The weather.
3. What is Manna considered dangerously close to because of her age?
(a) Becoming seriously ill.
(b) Being sent to a less demanding hospital.
(c) Becoming an old maid.
(d) Getting fired from her job.
4. Why does Manna squat over a bucket for so long?
(a) To prevent pregnancy.
(b) Her back is sore.
(c) She is cold.
(d) She is constipated.
5. Who is Lin's new roommate when he gets tuberculosis?
(a) Mai Dong.
(b) Liang Meng.
(c) Geng Yang.
(d) Ran Su.
6. Why does the audience cry during "The Flower Girl"?
(a) The main character dies.
(b) It brings back bad memories.
(c) The move is violent.
(d) The young girls in the movie are crying.
7. When Lin returns to the hospital after failing to ask his wife for a divorce he tells Manna he is too what to spend time with her?
8. What is Commissar Wei's reason for wanting to discontinue his relationship with Manna?
(a) She is too old.
(b) She smells bad.
(c) She has poor handwriting.
(d) He knows about her and Lin.
9. What controversial items does Manna see in Lin's room?
(a) A stack of journals.
(b) Pictures of his family.
(c) Foreign books.
(d) His laundry.
10. Who does Lin believe is the key player in making his divorce successful?
(d) Ran Su.
11. What does Manna do for Lin that most fiancées do for their men?
(a) Clean his room.
(b) His laundry.
(c) Sleep with him.
(d) Take care of him when he's sick.
12. Early in her fixation, what deters Manna's pursuance of Lin?
(a) His wife giving birth.
(b) Manna's respect for the sanctity of marriage.
(c) Other's discouragement.
(d) Manna's obedience to the rules.
13. What is Lin's concern about Manna becoming engaged to another man?
(a) She might be taken advantage of.
(b) He isn't ready to lose her.
(c) She will be cheated on.
(d) She will continue to carry on her affair with Lin.
14. What is Lin's observation of how Geng Yang speaks?
15. What is the identifying feature of the woman who Lin sleeps with in his dream?
(a) Her long fingers.
(b) Her thin face.
(c) A birthmark on her arm.
(d) Her voice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the villagers in Goose Village think of Shuyu?
2. Why can't Manna be transferred to another hospital?
3. Where does Lin Kong's wife, Shuyu, live?
4. Why is Manna hesitant to pursue sleeping with Lin?
5. Although Manna is lying, what is Commissar Wei's response to her claim of reading Russian novels?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)