|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Ran Su is cautioning Lin about his relationship with Mann, what does he mean by "abnormal" relationship?
2. What is the identifying feature of the woman who Lin sleeps with in his dream?
(a) Her thin face.
(b) Her long fingers.
(c) Her voice.
(d) A birthmark on her arm.
3. What lie does Manna write in a letter to Liang Meng that scares him off?
(a) She has an STD.
(b) She is divorced.
(c) She has heart disease.
(d) She has a child.
4. Why is Manna hesitant to pursue sleeping with Lin?
(a) Because she doesn't want to get pregnant.
(b) Because she is a virgin.
(c) Because she may be expelled from the army.
(d) Because she doesn't want to manipulate Lin.
5. Why does Manna squat over a bucket for so long?
(a) She is constipated.
(b) To prevent pregnancy.
(c) She is cold.
(d) Her back is sore.
6. Why does Lin's brother need to borrow money?
(a) To surprise his wife with a gift.
(b) To send his children to private school.
(c) To pay off his debts.
(d) To bet on a game.
7. What is Geng Yang's response to "The Flower Girl"?
(a) He is unaffected.
(b) He is overwhelmed with emotion.
(c) He cries.
(d) He criticizes the acting.
8. Lin's roles as an officer and doctor make him what kind of a man?
9. Why does Geng Yang think Lin should sleep with Manna?
(a) To make Manna undesirable to other men.
(b) To have a child.
(c) For enjoyment.
(d) To motivate himself to divorce Shuyu.
10. At the holiday banquet, what does Lin warn Manna not to do so much?
11. After a chief in the City Administration dies, what does Manna begin to do?
(a) Take better care of her health.
(b) Take care of the chief's wife.
(c) Pressure Lin to divorce his wife.
(d) Pursue a man who will marry her.
12. What rumor is going around the hospital about Lin's wife?
(a) She wants to divorce him.
(b) She can't have children.
(c) She is having an affair with another doctor.
(d) She is eight years his senior.
13. Which revolutionary party is Manna interested in joining?
(a) The Revolution Workers.
(b) The Red Union.
(c) The Maoist Union.
(d) The Red Party.
14. What are Lin's conditions on Manna's prospective new fiancé?
(a) He still allows them to see each other.
(b) He takes her far away.
(c) He doesn't ever divorce her.
(d) She is promoted and goes to college.
15. After being deployed, what does Mai Dong write to Manna to tell her?
(a) He has a girlfriend.
(b) He wants to marry her when he returns.
(c) He is marrying his niece.
(d) He is marrying his cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the prognosis for Lin's tuberculosis?
2. Who is Lin's new roommate when he gets tuberculosis?
3. What do the villagers in Goose Village think of Shuyu?
4. When Lin returns to the hospital after failing to ask his wife for a divorce he tells Manna he is too what to spend time with her?
5. What is Commissar Wei's reason for wanting to discontinue his relationship with Manna?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)