|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Commissar Wei stops in Muji City on his way to which border?
2. What lie does Manna write in a letter to Liang Meng that scares him off?
(a) She has a child.
(b) She has an STD.
(c) She has heart disease.
(d) She is divorced.
3. What unnerves Manna about Geng Yang when she sees him at the bus stop?
(a) His clothing.
(b) His quietness.
(c) His grin.
(d) His flirtatious attitude.
4. Aside from Latin, what languages must nurses learn to be promoted to assistant doctor?
(a) Japanese and Korean.
(b) Tibetan and Japanese.
(c) Russian and German.
(d) English and Japanese.
5. What does Commissar Wei ask the hospital to recommend for him?
(a) A good medicine for back pain.
(b) A nurse or doctor to marry.
(c) An apartment to rent in Muji City.
(d) A good movie.
6. Why must Lin accompany Manna and Liang Meng's meeting at the hospital?
(a) To protect Manna.
(b) To sabotage their relationship.
(c) To chaperone.
(d) To encourage conversation.
7. Why is Manna hesitant to pursue sleeping with Lin?
(a) Because she doesn't want to get pregnant.
(b) Because she doesn't want to manipulate Lin.
(c) Because she is a virgin.
(d) Because she may be expelled from the army.
8. While recapping her meeting with the commissar, Manna tells Lin Commissar Wei is more like a what than a warrior?
9. What happens to Lin's weight when he falls ill with tuberculosis?
(a) He loses 20 pounds.
(c) He gains 20 pounds.
(d) It fluctuates unpredictably.
10. What is the difference between Lin's side of the room and his roommates' side?
(a) His roommates are very messy.
(b) His roommates have no books.
(c) His roommates have photos of celebrities on their walls.
(d) His roommates have news clippings on their walls.
11. Why can't anyone play cards as the people in Lin's dream do?
(a) The hospital confiscates cards because they are a distraction.
(b) They are all too busy with work.
(c) Cards are banned.
(d) Because no one ever learned how to play.
12. What is the purpose of the newspaper article about Lin and Shuyu's divorce hearing?
(a) To add to the statistics of divorce in China.
(b) To support Lin's decision.
(c) To discourage Lin from continuing.
(d) To criticize the judge.
13. When the hospital goes to see the film, how does Manna act regarding feelings for Lin?
(a) Lin feels curious of her feelings.
(b) She is very indiscreet.
(c) She keeps them a secret.
(d) She tells him outright.
14. After being deployed, what does Mai Dong write to Manna to tell her?
(a) He wants to marry her when he returns.
(b) He is marrying his niece.
(c) He is marrying his cousin.
(d) He has a girlfriend.
15. Since Lin thinks that his divorce is unlikely, what does he propose Manna should do?
(a) Wait for him.
(b) Find another boyfriend.
(c) Transfer to another hospital.
(d) Kill his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What controversial items does Manna see in Lin's room?
2. What do Manna and Liang Meng talk about when they first meet at the hospital?
3. At the end of Part 2: Chapter 8, what does Lin regret talking to Manna about?
4. What rare food does Bensheng bring to Lin's house?
5. Why does Geng Yang think Lin should sleep with Manna?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)