|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Manna throw a temper tantrum while Lin is cooking dinner?
(a) He is talking too much.
(b) He made too much.
(c) She does not like the taste.
(d) He burned the rice.
2. What is the prognosis for Shuyu's back condition?
(b) Herbal tea.
(c) Strong painkillers.
(d) Physical therapy.
3. Why does Shuyu ask to spend the night with Lin one night when he is home?
(a) She is afraid of the dark.
(b) She misses him when he is away.
(c) She wants to give him a son.
(d) She doesn't want to share her room with their houseguests.
4. Why does Manna squat over a bucket for so long?
(a) To prevent pregnancy.
(b) Her back is sore.
(c) She is constipated.
(d) She is cold.
5. What has Lin done to help Manna through her illness?
(a) Earning more money.
(c) Buying her presents.
(d) Spending more time with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Although Manna is lying, what is Commissar Wei's response to her claim of reading Russian novels?
2. When Manna is informed how serious her heart condition is, who is she concerned for?
3. What is Lin's concern about Manna becoming engaged to another man?
4. What does Haiyan think Lin's reaction to Manna's rape will be?
5. What is the rule about foot-binding that Shuyu explains to one of the nurses?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)