|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does manna ask to be left behind to die during the hospital camp-and-field training?
(a) Because she is ashamed of having feelings for Lin.
(b) Because she feels responsible for a patient's death.
(c) Because she is so tired.
(d) Because her heart is still broken by Mai Dong.
2. What do Manna's eyes look like the day after her rape?
(a) They will not open.
(b) They are red and swollen.
(c) They are bloodshot.
(d) They are blue-lidded.
3. What is Geng Yang's real reason for inviting Manna to his room?
(a) To give her a gift.
(b) To profess his love to her.
(c) To sleep with her.
(d) To kill her.
4. After a chief in the City Administration dies, what does Manna begin to do?
(a) Pursue a man who will marry her.
(b) Take better care of her health.
(c) Take care of the chief's wife.
(d) Pressure Lin to divorce his wife.
5. What rumor is going around the hospital about Lin's wife?
(a) She is eight years his senior.
(b) She can't have children.
(c) She is having an affair with another doctor.
(d) She wants to divorce him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bensheng's donkey eat too much of that makes its stomach burst?
2. As Lin's attempts to divorce Shuyu continue to fail, how does Manna come to treat the other nurses?
3. Although Manna is lying, what is Commissar Wei's response to her claim of reading Russian novels?
4. Who is Lin's new roommate when he gets tuberculosis?
5. Why won't Manna let her roommates hear her cry?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)