|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which revolutionary party is Manna interested in joining?
(a) The Maoist Union.
(b) The Red Union.
(c) The Red Party.
(d) The Revolution Workers.
2. What does Liang Meng give as his reason for staying in Muji City for the summer?
(a) To visit Lin.
(b) To experience exciting city life.
(c) To take wood carving classes.
(d) To get medical care.
3. What is Lin's concern about Manna becoming engaged to another man?
(a) He isn't ready to lose her.
(b) She will continue to carry on her affair with Lin.
(c) She might be taken advantage of.
(d) She will be cheated on.
4. What American poet does Commissar Wei recommend to Manna?
(a) Robert Frost.
(b) Walt Whitman.
(c) Sylvia Plath.
(d) Allen Ginsberg.
5. While recapping her meeting with the commissar, Manna tells Lin Commissar Wei is more like a what than a warrior?
Short Answer Questions
1. After the secret of her rape gets out, how does Mrs. Su greet Manna every time she sees her?
2. What does Ren ask Lin to bring home from the hospital to help his son's stomach?
3. Why does Manna want to learn to ride a bicycle?
4. What does Manna do for Lin that most fiancées do for their men?
5. Why does Manna find Geng Yang "interesting?"
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)