|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After a chief in the City Administration dies, what does Manna begin to do?
(a) Take better care of her health.
(b) Take care of the chief's wife.
(c) Pressure Lin to divorce his wife.
(d) Pursue a man who will marry her.
2. What does Lin's cousin ask for in his letter?
(a) To find him a wife.
(c) A place to stay.
(d) A recommendation for a job.
3. Where does Lin Kong's wife, Shuyu, live?
(a) Muji City.
(d) Goose Village.
4. What American poet does Commissar Wei recommend to Manna?
(a) Robert Frost.
(b) Sylvia Plath.
(c) Walt Whitman.
(d) Allen Ginsberg.
5. Why do Lin's comrades object to his long, parted in the middle hairstyle?
(a) Because he looks too vain.
(b) Because he looks too feminine.
(c) Because he looks too intellectual.
(d) Because he looks disheveled.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Manna compare herself to at the prospect of her engagement to Commissar Wei?
2. Who does Lin believe is the key player in making his divorce successful?
3. What is Commissar Wei's reason for wanting to discontinue his relationship with Manna?
4. Aside from Latin, what languages must nurses learn to be promoted to assistant doctor?
5. If Manna's parents had lived, she thinks they could have been ________.
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)