|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the purpose of the newspaper article about Lin and Shuyu's divorce hearing?
(a) To support Lin's decision.
(b) To discourage Lin from continuing.
(c) To add to the statistics of divorce in China.
(d) To criticize the judge.
2. What is the reason Manna gives Lin for wanting to sleep with him?
(a) To secure their relationship.
(b) To give him a son.
(c) To get attention from other nurses.
(d) To get him expelled from the army.
3. What is Geng Yang's response to "The Flower Girl"?
(a) He is overwhelmed with emotion.
(b) He cries.
(c) He criticizes the acting.
(d) He is unaffected.
4. What do the villagers in Goose Village think of Shuyu?
(a) She is a bad mother.
(b) She is perfect.
(c) She is unfaithful.
(d) She is rude.
5. Why does Shuyu ask to spend the night with Lin one night when he is home?
(a) She misses him when he is away.
(b) She wants to give him a son.
(c) She doesn't want to share her room with their houseguests.
(d) She is afraid of the dark.
Short Answer Questions
1. If Manna's parents had lived, she thinks they could have been ________.
2. For how long is Lin permitted to return home once a year?
3. Where does Lin Kong's wife, Shuyu, live?
4. Since Lin thinks that his divorce is unlikely, what does he propose Manna should do?
5. What is Lin's observation of how Geng Yang speaks?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)