|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Manna hit while riding her bike home one night?
(b) Ran Su's wife.
(c) Ran Su.
2. What reason does Lin give Shuyu for wanting a divorce?
(a) He is bored with her.
(b) She can't bear any more children.
(c) He wants to make a home in the city.
(d) He doesn't want to travel to Goose Village anymore.
3. Although Manna is lying, what is Commissar Wei's response to her claim of reading Russian novels?
(a) He criticizes her taste.
(b) He praises her taste.
(c) He changes the subject.
(d) He is silent.
4. As Lin's attempts to divorce Shuyu continue to fail, how does Manna come to treat the other nurses?
(b) With hostility.
(d) Extra helpful.
5. Why does Shuyu ask to spend the night with Lin one night when he is home?
(a) She is afraid of the dark.
(b) She doesn't want to share her room with their houseguests.
(c) She wants to give him a son.
(d) She misses him when he is away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Manna and Liang Meng talk about when they first meet at the hospital?
2. While Lin ghostwrites Manna's report on "Leaves of Grass," what aspect of the poems does he focus on?
3. What does the judge require Lin bring to him before the divorce hearing can continue?
4. If Manna's parents had lived, she thinks they could have been ________.
5. On the hospital camp-and-field training, what does Lin do to help Manna and the other nurses when they stop for the night?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)