|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why must Lin accompany Manna and Liang Meng's meeting at the hospital?
(a) To chaperone.
(b) To encourage conversation.
(c) To protect Manna.
(d) To sabotage their relationship.
2. What does Manna compare herself to at the prospect of her engagement to Commissar Wei?
(a) A flower in bloom.
(b) A thief.
(c) A princess.
(d) A prostitute.
3. Why does the audience cry during "The Flower Girl"?
(a) It brings back bad memories.
(b) The young girls in the movie are crying.
(c) The main character dies.
(d) The move is violent.
4. During Lin's second attempt to divorce his wife, what does Manna buy in anticipation that she will be married soon?
(a) A baby crib.
(b) New bedding.
(d) A wedding dress.
5. Which revolutionary party is Manna interested in joining?
(a) The Red Party.
(b) The Red Union.
(c) The Maoist Union.
(d) The Revolution Workers.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lin is questioned by the voice in his head about his refusal to sleep with Manna, he says that their relationship is not based on what?
2. What rare food does Bensheng bring to Lin's house?
3. Early in her fixation, what deters Manna's pursuance of Lin?
4. What does Liang Meng give as his reason for staying in Muji City for the summer?
5. What does Lin compare himself to although he is married?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)