|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the hospital goes to see the film, how does Manna act regarding feelings for Lin?
(a) She is very indiscreet.
(b) She keeps them a secret.
(c) She tells him outright.
(d) Lin feels curious of her feelings.
2. What American poet does Commissar Wei recommend to Manna?
(a) Robert Frost.
(b) Allen Ginsberg.
(c) Sylvia Plath.
(d) Walt Whitman.
3. How long have Lin and Shuyu been separated for at the beginning of "Waiting"?
(a) Seven years.
(b) Four months.
(c) Two years.
(d) Eighteen years.
4. When Manna thanks Lin for his help, what is his response?
(a) He had nothing better to do.
(b) She is incapable of taking care of herself.
(c) He would do anything for her.
(d) It is his job.
5. When Ran Su is cautioning Lin about his relationship with Mann, what does he mean by "abnormal" relationship?
Short Answer Questions
1. Commissar Wei stops in Muji City on his way to which border?
2. When Liang Meng and Manna meet alone in the city, whose poetry does he quote?
3. What does the judge require Lin bring to him before the divorce hearing can continue?
4. After Lin's father dies, how do his feelings about his wife and marriage change?
5. What is the identifying feature of the woman who Lin sleeps with in his dream?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)