|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 12 | Part 2, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lin's brother need to borrow money?
(a) To pay off his debts.
(b) To send his children to private school.
(c) To surprise his wife with a gift.
(d) To bet on a game.
2. When Lin is questioned by the voice in his head about his refusal to sleep with Manna, he says that their relationship is not based on what?
(a) What others want.
(c) The flesh.
(d) The rules of society.
3. At the holiday banquet, what does Lin warn Manna not to do so much?
4. Where did Manna Wu's parents die?
(a) In their home.
(c) Muji City.
5. Since Lin thinks that his divorce is unlikely, what does he propose Manna should do?
(a) Wait for him.
(b) Kill his wife.
(c) Find another boyfriend.
(d) Transfer to another hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't anyone play cards as the people in Lin's dream do?
2. After Manna wins a prize for table tennis, what does she tell Lin is her wish?
3. During Lin's second attempt to divorce his wife, what does Manna buy in anticipation that she will be married soon?
4. What controversial items does Manna see in Lin's room?
5. When Lin and Manna break up, what does Lin do to occupy his time?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)