|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 12 | Part 2, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the difference between Lin's side of the room and his roommates' side?
(a) His roommates have no books.
(b) His roommates have news clippings on their walls.
(c) His roommates are very messy.
(d) His roommates have photos of celebrities on their walls.
2. Why does Shuyu ask to spend the night with Lin one night when he is home?
(a) She doesn't want to share her room with their houseguests.
(b) She is afraid of the dark.
(c) She misses him when he is away.
(d) She wants to give him a son.
3. Why can't anyone play cards as the people in Lin's dream do?
(a) They are all too busy with work.
(b) Because no one ever learned how to play.
(c) Cards are banned.
(d) The hospital confiscates cards because they are a distraction.
4. What does Manna see Pingping Ma and Lin Kong doing that convinces her that they are a couple?
(a) Talking and laughing.
(b) Holding hands.
(c) Exchanging notes.
5. As Lin's attempts to divorce Shuyu continue to fail, how does Manna come to treat the other nurses?
(a) With hostility.
(b) Extra helpful.
Short Answer Questions
1. If Manna's parents had lived, she thinks they could have been ________.
2. Since Lin thinks that his divorce is unlikely, what does he propose Manna should do?
3. How long have Lin and Shuyu been separated for at the beginning of "Waiting"?
4. Why can't Manna be transferred to another hospital?
5. After Manna wins a prize for table tennis, what does she tell Lin is her wish?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)