|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Commissar Wei ask the hospital to recommend for him?
(a) A nurse or doctor to marry.
(b) A good medicine for back pain.
(c) An apartment to rent in Muji City.
(d) A good movie.
2. What comment does one of the nurses make about Manna and Lin's poor singing at the wedding?
(a) They sound like children.
(b) It is like angels singing.
(c) It gives her a toothache.
(d) They are very quiet.
3. What rare food does Bensheng bring to Lin's house?
4. Lin's roles as an officer and doctor make him what kind of a man?
5. What does Manna show Lin from her locked box?
(a) Photos of her parents.
(b) Her collection of chairman Mao pins.
(c) Her old journals.
(d) Her collection of seashells.
Short Answer Questions
1. While recapping her meeting with the commissar, Manna tells Lin Commissar Wei is more like a what than a warrior?
2. At the end of Part 2: Chapter 8, what does Lin regret talking to Manna about?
3. How does Manna avoiding Shuyu and Lin during Shuyu's visit to the hospital make her look?
4. What reason does Lin give Shuyu for wanting a divorce?
5. Why is Manna upset that Lin is teaching the orderlies?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)