|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After a chief in the City Administration dies, what does Manna begin to do?
(a) Take care of the chief's wife.
(b) Pursue a man who will marry her.
(c) Pressure Lin to divorce his wife.
(d) Take better care of her health.
2. What does Ren ask Lin to bring home from the hospital to help his son's stomach?
(b) Club Soda.
(c) Pepto Bismuth.
(d) Tower Candy.
3. What does the judge require Lin bring to him before the divorce hearing can continue?
(a) Proof that Shuyu is having an affair.
(b) Information about Manna.
(c) A glass of water.
(d) A letter or recommendation.
4. Why does the group congregate outside the courthouse after Lin and Shuyu's divorce hearing?
(a) To pay their taxes.
(b) To ask for divorces themselves.
(c) To heckle Lin.
(d) To support Lin.
5. Which revolutionary party is Manna interested in joining?
(a) The Red Party.
(b) The Red Union.
(c) The Revolution Workers.
(d) The Maoist Union.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Manna hesitant to pursue sleeping with Lin?
2. Since Lin thinks that his divorce is unlikely, what does he propose Manna should do?
3. What does Lin's cousin ask for in his letter?
4. Why can't Manna be transferred to another hospital?
5. When Lin returns to the hospital after failing to ask his wife for a divorce he tells Manna he is too what to spend time with her?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)