|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the identifying feature of the woman who Lin sleeps with in his dream?
(a) A birthmark on her arm.
(b) Her voice.
(c) Her long fingers.
(d) Her thin face.
2. Why do Lin's comrades object to his long, parted in the middle hairstyle?
(a) Because he looks too vain.
(b) Because he looks disheveled.
(c) Because he looks too intellectual.
(d) Because he looks too feminine.
3. What does the judge require Lin bring to him before the divorce hearing can continue?
(a) A glass of water.
(b) A letter or recommendation.
(c) Information about Manna.
(d) Proof that Shuyu is having an affair.
4. What does Lin's cousin ask for in his letter?
(a) To find him a wife.
(c) A recommendation for a job.
(d) A place to stay.
5. Why does the group congregate outside the courthouse after Lin and Shuyu's divorce hearing?
(a) To support Lin.
(b) To heckle Lin.
(c) To ask for divorces themselves.
(d) To pay their taxes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lin's roles as an officer and doctor make him what kind of a man?
2. What is the difference between Lin's side of the room and his roommates' side?
3. After Manna wins a prize for table tennis, what does she tell Lin is her wish?
4. When Lin is questioned by the voice in his head about his refusal to sleep with Manna, he says that their relationship is not based on what?
5. On the hospital camp-and-field training, what does Lin do to help Manna and the other nurses when they stop for the night?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)