|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Lin's father dies, how do his feelings about his wife and marriage change?
(a) He realizes life is short and he should live how he wants.
(b) He should remain married out of respect for his parents.
(c) He realizes life is short and he wants to stay with his wife.
(d) He no longer needs to be married to Shuyu.
2. Why is Manna hesitant to pursue sleeping with Lin?
(a) Because she is a virgin.
(b) Because she may be expelled from the army.
(c) Because she doesn't want to get pregnant.
(d) Because she doesn't want to manipulate Lin.
3. When Lin returns to the hospital after failing to ask his wife for a divorce he tells Manna he is too what to spend time with her?
4. As Lin's attempts to divorce Shuyu continue to fail, how does Manna come to treat the other nurses?
(a) Extra helpful.
(c) With hostility.
5. When Lin is questioned by the voice in his head about his refusal to sleep with Manna, he says that their relationship is not based on what?
(a) The rules of society.
(b) What others want.
(c) The flesh.
Short Answer Questions
1. What rare food does Bensheng bring to Lin's house?
2. Since Lin thinks that his divorce is unlikely, what does he propose Manna should do?
3. What does Ren ask Lin to bring home from the hospital to help his son's stomach?
4. What is the difference between Lin's side of the room and his roommates' side?
5. Why does the group congregate outside the courthouse after Lin and Shuyu's divorce hearing?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)