|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't Manna be transferred to another hospital?
(a) She isn't talented enough.
(b) Manna refuses to go.
(c) Lin convinces them not to.
(d) Too many nurses are in the service.
2. What is Lin's concern about Manna becoming engaged to another man?
(a) She might be taken advantage of.
(b) He isn't ready to lose her.
(c) She will be cheated on.
(d) She will continue to carry on her affair with Lin.
3. What does Lin's cousin ask for in his letter?
(a) To find him a wife.
(c) A place to stay.
(d) A recommendation for a job.
4. What has Manna secretly been taking to help her feel better?
(c) Pain killers.
(d) Herbal boluses.
5. At the end of Part 2: Chapter 8, what does Lin regret talking to Manna about?
(a) Postponing the divorce.
(b) Paying Bensheng.
(c) Finding her a transfer.
(d) Arranging another boyfriend for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the prognosis for Lin's tuberculosis?
2. Which revolutionary party is Manna interested in joining?
3. Why is Manna hesitant to pursue sleeping with Lin?
4. During Lin's second attempt to divorce his wife, what does Manna buy in anticipation that she will be married soon?
5. When Manna tells Lin the truth about her rape, he is very angry at first and then becomes what?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)