Prologue | Part 1, Chapter 1
1. Where does Lin Kong's wife, Shuyu, live?
(a) Goose Village.
(c) Muji City.
2. How long have Lin and Shuyu been separated for at the beginning of "Waiting"?
(a) Two years.
(b) Seven years.
(c) Eighteen years.
(d) Four months.
3. For how long is Lin permitted to return home once a year?
(a) Two months.
(b) One month.
(c) Twelve days.
(d) One week.
4. Where did Manna Wu's parents die?
(a) Muji City.
(b) In their home.
5. After being deployed, what does Mai Dong write to Manna to tell her?
(a) He is marrying his cousin.
(b) He is marrying his niece.
(c) He has a girlfriend.
(d) He wants to marry her when he returns.
6. What is Manna considered dangerously close to because of her age?
(a) Becoming seriously ill.
(b) Becoming an old maid.
(c) Being sent to a less demanding hospital.
(d) Getting fired from her job.
Part 1, Chapter 2 | Part 1, Chapter 3
7. What controversial items does Manna see in Lin's room?
(a) Pictures of his family.
(b) His laundry.
(c) Foreign books.
(d) A stack of journals.
This section contains 4,769 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)