Prologue | Part 1, Chapter 1
• Lin Kong returns home and unsuccessfully tries to divorce his wife, as he does every year.
• Lin has a girlfriend, Manna Wu, at the hospital in Muji City where he works as a doctor.
• Manna had a relationship with an officer while in nursing school.
• Manna kept her affair with Mai Dong a secret.
• Manna's fiancé broke of their engagement to marry his cousin in Shanghai.
Part 1, Chapter 2 | Part 1, Chapter 3
• Lin and Manna become good friends.
• Lin has many foreign books in his room.
• Manna helps Lin put covers on his books because they are forbidden.
• The hospital staff goes on an on-foot camp-and-field training.
• Manna and the other nurses are very tired and have blisters on their feet.
• Lin treats the nurses' blisters.
Part 1, Chapter 4 | Part 1, Chapter 5
• Manna begins to develop feelings for Lin.
• Manna understands that he is a married man with a...
This section contains 1,529 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)