|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What phone messages is Robin deleting?
2. What has happened to James' wife?
3. Why is Savannah headed to Las Vegas?
4. From where are John Jr. and Onika returning?
5. What does Robin not admit about her missing wallet?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Russell and Robin end up back together?
2. How is Gloria feeling?
3. Why is Gloria pleased with Tarik?
4. What does Bernadine learn about James?
5. How do the girls celebrate Gloria's birthday?
6. What does Robin discover about her wallet?
7. What do we know about Troy's life?
8. Why does Robin feel betrayed by Russell?
9. Why must Savannah contact the government about her parents' food stamps?
10. How does Robin end up back with Troy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Phillip has left the Oasis due to illness.
Part 1) What illness does he have?
Part 2) Why do the salon's patrons gossip about him?
Part 3) Are people who have the same illness as Phillip gossiped about today? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Bernadine's children, John Jr. and Onika, are not very upset about their parents' divorce.
Part 1) How do they react when given the news?
Part 2) Why might be the reasons for the reaction?
Part 3) How does their father include them in his new life? Why are they fine with the changes?
Essay Topic 3
All the chapters about Robin and Savannah are written in the first person point of view.
Part 1) What is first person?
Part 2) Write a brief summary about Robin.
Part 3) Write a brief summary about Savannah.
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)