|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Troy seem when he arrives at Robin's apartment?
2. What pleases Gloria when she returns home?
3. Why does Savannah's mother call her early one morning?
4. What happens when Robin agrees to have dinner with Michael on Friday night?
5. Who is with Gloria at the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has happened to Phillip?
2. What does Robin discover about her wallet?
3. What are the circumstances leading up to Bernadine meeting James Wheeler for the first time?
4. Why must Savannah contact the government about her parents' food stamps?
5. What happens after Gloria collapses on the floor?
6. To what does Kenneth reveal to Savannah? How does she react?
7. How is Gloria feeling?
8. How does Robin end up back with Troy?
9. Why does Robin feel betrayed by Russell?
10. What does Robin's mother tell her the attorney advised?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
All the chapters about Bernadine and Gloria are written in the third person point of view.
Part 1) What is third person?
Part 2) How does the author help you understand their thoughts and feelings?
Part 3) Do you like reading the third person or first person chapters best? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Robin' mother and father are worried about paying for a nursing home for her father.
Part 1) From what does Robin' father suffer?
Part 2) What solution is suggested to them?
Part 3) How does Robin try to help them?
Essay Topic 3
Savannah's family worries about her being 36 and unmarried.
Part 1) Why do they worry? What are their assumptions about life?
Part 2) Savannah goes against her mother's wishes, regarding Kenneth. What does she do?
Part 3) Does Savannah make a good choice in her relationship with Kenneth? Why or why not?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)