|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what is Robin surprised when she calls Michael's home?
2. Why is Savannah headed to Las Vegas?
3. How does Gloria know her friends have arrived?
4. What does Gloria learn about her new neighbor?
5. How does Troy seem when he arrives at Robin's apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Robin feel betrayed by Russell?
2. What does Bernadine learn about James?
3. What has happened to Phillip?
4. How does Robin end up back with Troy?
5. Describe Bernadine's troubles with Herbert.
6. Describe John Jr. and Onika's weekend with their father.
7. What takes place at the Black Women on the Move meeting?
8. Describe the conversation between Savannah and her mother, regarding Kenneth.
9. How do the girls celebrate Gloria's birthday?
10. What is happening with Phillip?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Phillip has left the Oasis due to illness.
Part 1) What illness does he have?
Part 2) Why do the salon's patrons gossip about him?
Part 3) Are people who have the same illness as Phillip gossiped about today? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
The three main characters are constantly in and out of relationships.
Part 1) Give an example for each character to support this statement.
Part 2) Why do their relationships not work?
Part 3) What advice would you give to them about being in a relationship?
Essay Topic 3
All the chapters about Robin and Savannah are written in the first person point of view.
Part 1) What is first person?
Part 2) Write a brief summary about Robin.
Part 3) Write a brief summary about Savannah.
This section contains 1,001 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)