|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Savannah return to at home?
2. Why does Russell want Robin to stop calling his home?
3. What happens at the meeting of the Black Women on the Move?
4. How does Gloria feel regarding the other women?
5. What are Gloria's three best friends and Marvin awaiting?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Gloria's birthday party end?
2. What has happened to Phillip?
3. To what does Kenneth reveal to Savannah? How does she react?
4. How do the girls celebrate Gloria's birthday?
5. Describe Bernadine's troubles with Herbert.
6. Why is Gloria pleased with Tarik?
7. What takes place at the Black Women on the Move meeting?
8. What are the circumstances leading up to Bernadine meeting James Wheeler for the first time?
9. How do Russell and Robin end up back together?
10. What does Robin's mother tell her the attorney advised?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
John nonchalantly informs Bernadine that he is leaving her.
Part 1) For whom does he leave Bernadine?
Part 2) Describe John.
Part 3) How is John's business practices a metaphor for how he handles his breakup with Bernadine?
Essay Topic 2
The focus of this book is on relationships between men and women.
Part 1) Give two examples of the relationships found in this book.
Part 2) Compare and contrast these two relationships.
Part 3) What have you learned about relationships from this book? Use information from the text to support your response.
Essay Topic 3
Gloria is a single mother raising her sixteen-year-old son, Tarik.
Part 1) Why is she a single parent? Where is Tarik's father?
Part 2) What upsets Tarik about his mother's behavior when his father comes to visit? Why would she act this way?
Part 3) How does Gloria meet Marvin? Would he make a good father for Tarik? Why or why not?
This section contains 952 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)