|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is with Gloria at the hospital?
2. What does Tarik tell his mother that he wants to do?
3. What is wrong with Philip?
4. What does Michael say when Robin calls his home?
5. What does Robin offer to do to support her family?
Short Essay Questions
1. To what does Kenneth reveal to Savannah? How does she react?
2. What happens to Savannah after leaving the restaurant?
3. Describe the conversation between Savannah and her mother, regarding Kenneth.
4. How does Robin end up back with Troy?
5. What takes place at the Black Women on the Move meeting?
6. How is Savannah disappointed with Charles?
7. What does Savannah realize about Kenneth?
8. How do Russell and Robin end up back together?
9. What are the circumstances leading up to Bernadine meeting James Wheeler for the first time?
10. What happens after Gloria collapses on the floor?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Bernadine's children, John Jr. and Onika, are not very upset about their parents' divorce.
Part 1) How do they react when given the news?
Part 2) Why might be the reasons for the reaction?
Part 3) How does their father include them in his new life? Why are they fine with the changes?
Essay Topic 2
The focus of this book is on relationships between men and women.
Part 1) Give two examples of the relationships found in this book.
Part 2) Compare and contrast these two relationships.
Part 3) What have you learned about relationships from this book? Use information from the text to support your response.
Essay Topic 3
Gloria regularly takes blood pressure pills when she is stressed.
Part 1) What is the cause of her stress?
Part 2) To what does the stress lead?
Part 3) Predict what changes she will make in her life to live healthier and with less stress.
This section contains 995 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)