|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Robin wish she could provide the finances for her father's care?
2. How does Gloria know her friends have arrived?
3. How does Herbert react when Bernadine tells him she does not want to see him?
4. What wakes Gloria early one morning?
5. For whom is the sweet potato pie?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why must Savannah contact the government about her parents' food stamps?
2. What does Robin discover about her wallet?
3. What does Bernadine learn about James?
4. Why is Gloria pleased with Tarik?
5. What happens to Savannah after leaving the restaurant?
6. What is happening with Phillip?
7. What do we know about Troy's life?
8. How do Russell and Robin end up back together?
9. What are the circumstances leading up to Bernadine meeting James Wheeler for the first time?
10. What does Savannah realize about Kenneth?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
All the chapters about Bernadine and Gloria are written in the third person point of view.
Part 1) What is third person?
Part 2) How does the author help you understand their thoughts and feelings?
Part 3) Do you like reading the third person or first person chapters best? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Robin dates several men, all disappointing to her in one way or another.
Part 1) Describe the men with which she is involved.
Part 2) How do Russell and Troy disappoint her?
Part 3) What is disappointing about Michael?
Essay Topic 3
John nonchalantly informs Bernadine that he is leaving her.
Part 1) For whom does he leave Bernadine?
Part 2) Describe John.
Part 3) How is John's business practices a metaphor for how he handles his breakup with Bernadine?
This section contains 958 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)