|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what is Kenneth complimentary?
2. Why do Savannah's friends not seem interested to hear about her trip to Las Vegas?
3. Who does Bernadine think about while she lays in bed?
4. What does Savannah vow?
5. Why does Troy bring his son to Phoenix to live?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why must Savannah contact the government about her parents' food stamps?
2. Describe John Jr. and Onika's weekend with their father.
3. What do we know about Troy's life?
4. Describe Bernadine's troubles with Herbert.
5. How is Savannah disappointed with Charles?
6. What takes place at the Black Women on the Move meeting?
7. Why is Gloria pleased with Tarik?
8. How do the girls celebrate Gloria's birthday?
9. How is Gloria feeling?
10. What does Bernadine learn about James?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The three main characters are constantly in and out of relationships.
Part 1) Give an example for each character to support this statement.
Part 2) Why do their relationships not work?
Part 3) What advice would you give to them about being in a relationship?
Essay Topic 2
Savannah's family worries about her being 36 and unmarried.
Part 1) Why do they worry? What are their assumptions about life?
Part 2) Savannah goes against her mother's wishes, regarding Kenneth. What does she do?
Part 3) Does Savannah make a good choice in her relationship with Kenneth? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Robin decides to wait to tell Russell she is pregnant.
Part 1) Why?
Part 2) What man in her life will assist her the most with her child?
Part 3) Why is she excited about having a child? What does she regret, regarding her pregnancy?
This section contains 935 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)