|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bernadine learn about Kathleen?
2. What does Kenneth reveal to Savannah?
3. About what is Kenneth complimentary?
4. Why does Troy claim that the drugs do not interfere with his life?
5. Why do Savannah's friends not seem interested to hear about her trip to Las Vegas?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do we know about Troy's life?
2. What does Savannah realize about Kenneth?
3. What does Robin's mother tell her the attorney advised?
4. What does Robin discover about her wallet?
5. How does Robin end up back with Troy?
6. What happens to Savannah after leaving the restaurant?
7. What happens after Gloria collapses on the floor?
8. How is Gloria feeling?
9. Why is Gloria pleased with Tarik?
10. What does Robin discover about Troy and his friends?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Gloria's salon is called the Oasis.
Part 1) How is this salon symbolic?
Part 2) How is the name appropriate?
Part 3) How does Gloria's view of the salon change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
Robin' mother and father are worried about paying for a nursing home for her father.
Part 1) From what does Robin' father suffer?
Part 2) What solution is suggested to them?
Part 3) How does Robin try to help them?
Essay Topic 3
Tarik tries to hide something from his mother.
Part 1) What is he hiding?
Part 2) How does she find out? What is her reaction?
Part 3) Is Tarik following in his father's footsteps? Why or why not?
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)