|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Gloria's clients begin to gossip about Phillip?
2. Why does Savannah encourage Gloria to start planning her life?
3. Why does Savannah decline Kenneth's offer?
4. What does Savannah vow?
5. Why is Savannah headed to Las Vegas?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe John Jr. and Onika's weekend with their father.
2. What takes place at the Black Women on the Move meeting?
3. How does Robin end up back with Troy?
4. Why does Robin feel betrayed by Russell?
5. How is Gloria feeling?
6. What are the circumstances leading up to Bernadine meeting James Wheeler for the first time?
7. How is Savannah disappointed with Charles?
8. How does Gloria's birthday party end?
9. What does Savannah realize about Kenneth?
10. Describe Bernadine's troubles with Herbert.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Tarik's character goes through tremendous growth through the book.
Part 1) Describe Tarik when the reader first meets him.
Part 2) How is Tarik at the end of the book?
Part 3) What events throughout the book lead to this change in his character?
Essay Topic 2
Savannah's family worries about her being 36 and unmarried.
Part 1) Why do they worry? What are their assumptions about life?
Part 2) Savannah goes against her mother's wishes, regarding Kenneth. What does she do?
Part 3) Does Savannah make a good choice in her relationship with Kenneth? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Robin dates several men, all disappointing to her in one way or another.
Part 1) Describe the men with which she is involved.
Part 2) How do Russell and Troy disappoint her?
Part 3) What is disappointing about Michael?
This section contains 996 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)