|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What wakes Gloria early one morning?
2. What pleases Gloria when she returns home?
3. Why is Gloria depressed?
4. What happens soon after Savannah leaves the restaurant?
5. Why does Savannah postpone her haircut?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Gloria's birthday party end?
2. What does Robin's mother tell her the attorney advised?
3. How is Gloria feeling?
4. What does Savannah realize about Kenneth?
5. Describe John Jr. and Onika's weekend with their father.
6. What happens to Savannah after leaving the restaurant?
7. What happens after Gloria collapses on the floor?
8. Why is Gloria pleased with Tarik?
9. To what does Kenneth reveal to Savannah? How does she react?
10. What takes place at the Black Women on the Move meeting?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Robin dates several men, all disappointing to her in one way or another.
Part 1) Describe the men with which she is involved.
Part 2) How do Russell and Troy disappoint her?
Part 3) What is disappointing about Michael?
Essay Topic 2
All the chapters about Bernadine and Gloria are written in the third person point of view.
Part 1) What is third person?
Part 2) How does the author help you understand their thoughts and feelings?
Part 3) Do you like reading the third person or first person chapters best? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Savannah notices a run in her pantyhose at the New Year's Eve party.
Part 1) What happens to the run as the night progresses?
Part 2) What does this run foreshadow later in the night?
Part 3) What might this run foreshadow later in the novel?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)