|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Robin feel about the group of men smoking marijuana joints and crack cocaine?
2. How does Gloria feel regarding the other women?
3. What does Kenneth reveal to Savannah?
4. Why is Bernadine in the mood to celebrate?
5. What does Gloria not mention to her friends?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has happened to Phillip?
2. What takes place at the Black Women on the Move meeting?
3. What does Robin discover about Troy and his friends?
4. How is Savannah disappointed with Charles?
5. How is Gloria feeling?
6. Describe John Jr. and Onika's weekend with their father.
7. How does Robin end up back with Troy?
8. How is Gloria feeling?
9. Why does Robin feel betrayed by Russell?
10. What do we know about Troy's life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
John nonchalantly informs Bernadine that he is leaving her.
Part 1) For whom does he leave Bernadine?
Part 2) Describe John.
Part 3) How is John's business practices a metaphor for how he handles his breakup with Bernadine?
Essay Topic 2
Gloria is a single mother raising her sixteen-year-old son, Tarik.
Part 1) Why is she a single parent? Where is Tarik's father?
Part 2) What upsets Tarik about his mother's behavior when his father comes to visit? Why would she act this way?
Part 3) How does Gloria meet Marvin? Would he make a good father for Tarik? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
The focus of this book is on relationships between men and women.
Part 1) Give two examples of the relationships found in this book.
Part 2) Compare and contrast these two relationships.
Part 3) What have you learned about relationships from this book? Use information from the text to support your response.
This section contains 966 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)