|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Herbert react when Bernadine tells him she does not want to see him?
2. What does Robin offer to do to support her family?
3. What happens when Robin calls Troy's house to tell him she cannot come to dinner that night?
4. What does Russell do when he finally returns?
5. Where do John Jr. and Onika spend a month of their summer vacation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do we know about Troy's life?
2. Describe Bernadine's troubles with Herbert.
3. Describe the conversation between Savannah and her mother, regarding Kenneth.
4. What does Robin discover about her wallet?
5. What has happened to Phillip?
6. What does Robin's mother tell her the attorney advised?
7. What does Bernadine learn about James?
8. How does Robin end up back with Troy?
9. What happens to Savannah after leaving the restaurant?
10. Describe John Jr. and Onika's weekend with their father.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Savannah's family worries about her being 36 and unmarried.
Part 1) Why do they worry? What are their assumptions about life?
Part 2) Savannah goes against her mother's wishes, regarding Kenneth. What does she do?
Part 3) Does Savannah make a good choice in her relationship with Kenneth? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Tarik tries to hide something from his mother.
Part 1) What is he hiding?
Part 2) How does she find out? What is her reaction?
Part 3) Is Tarik following in his father's footsteps? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
John nonchalantly informs Bernadine that he is leaving her.
Part 1) For whom does he leave Bernadine?
Part 2) Describe John.
Part 3) How is John's business practices a metaphor for how he handles his breakup with Bernadine?
This section contains 947 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)