|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is wrong with Philip?
2. Kenneth leaves Savannah's apartment. When does he return?
3. Why does Troy claim that the drugs do not interfere with his life?
4. How does Gloria know her friends have arrived?
5. What pleases Gloria when she returns home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe John Jr. and Onika's weekend with their father.
2. What is happening with Phillip?
3. What takes place at the Black Women on the Move meeting?
4. What do we know about Troy's life?
5. What does Bernadine learn about James?
6. Describe Bernadine's troubles with Herbert.
7. What does Robin's mother tell her the attorney advised?
8. Describe the conversation between Savannah and her mother, regarding Kenneth.
9. What does Savannah realize about Kenneth?
10. Why does Robin feel betrayed by Russell?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Tarik's father is absent through most of Tarik's life.
Part 1) How is this a theme in the book?
Part 2) How does this event relate to today's society?
Part 3) How do both Tarik and his mother handle the lack of a father figure?
Essay Topic 2
The three main characters are constantly in and out of relationships.
Part 1) Give an example for each character to support this statement.
Part 2) Why do their relationships not work?
Part 3) What advice would you give to them about being in a relationship?
Essay Topic 3
John nonchalantly informs Bernadine that he is leaving her.
Part 1) For whom does he leave Bernadine?
Part 2) Describe John.
Part 3) How is John's business practices a metaphor for how he handles his breakup with Bernadine?
This section contains 983 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)