|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Robin agrees to have dinner with Michael on Friday night?
2. What happens when Robin calls Troy's house to tell him she cannot come to dinner that night?
3. What does Michael say when Robin calls his home?
4. Why does Russell want Robin to stop calling his home?
5. What happens soon after Savannah leaves the restaurant?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the conversation between Savannah and her mother, regarding Kenneth.
2. How do the girls celebrate Gloria's birthday?
3. Why is Gloria pleased with Tarik?
4. What has happened to Phillip?
5. Why does Robin feel betrayed by Russell?
6. What does Bernadine learn about James?
7. What are the circumstances leading up to Bernadine meeting James Wheeler for the first time?
8. How is Gloria feeling?
9. What does Robin's mother tell her the attorney advised?
10. Describe Bernadine's troubles with Herbert.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Robin decides to wait to tell Russell she is pregnant.
Part 1) Why?
Part 2) What man in her life will assist her the most with her child?
Part 3) Why is she excited about having a child? What does she regret, regarding her pregnancy?
Essay Topic 2
Savannah notices a run in her pantyhose at the New Year's Eve party.
Part 1) What happens to the run as the night progresses?
Part 2) What does this run foreshadow later in the night?
Part 3) What might this run foreshadow later in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
The focus of this book is on relationships between men and women.
Part 1) Give two examples of the relationships found in this book.
Part 2) Compare and contrast these two relationships.
Part 3) What have you learned about relationships from this book? Use information from the text to support your response.
This section contains 990 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)