|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Russell want Robin to stop calling his home?
2. Why is Gloria depressed?
3. What pleases Gloria when she returns home?
4. Why does Troy claim that the drugs do not interfere with his life?
5. How do Savannah, Bernadine and Robin plan to celebrate Gloria's birthday?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Robin feel betrayed by Russell?
2. What has happened to Phillip?
3. What takes place at the Black Women on the Move meeting?
4. Describe the conversation between Savannah and her mother, regarding Kenneth.
5. How do Russell and Robin end up back together?
6. Why is Gloria pleased with Tarik?
7. How is Gloria feeling?
8. How is Gloria feeling?
9. How do the girls celebrate Gloria's birthday?
10. Why must Savannah contact the government about her parents' food stamps?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The focus of this book is on relationships between men and women.
Part 1) Give two examples of the relationships found in this book.
Part 2) Compare and contrast these two relationships.
Part 3) What have you learned about relationships from this book? Use information from the text to support your response.
Essay Topic 2
All the chapters about Bernadine and Gloria are written in the third person point of view.
Part 1) What is third person?
Part 2) How does the author help you understand their thoughts and feelings?
Part 3) Do you like reading the third person or first person chapters best? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Tarik's character goes through tremendous growth through the book.
Part 1) Describe Tarik when the reader first meets him.
Part 2) How is Tarik at the end of the book?
Part 3) What events throughout the book lead to this change in his character?
This section contains 946 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)