Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Russell want Robin to stop calling his home?
2. Who does Bernadine think about while she lays in bed?
3. What does Savannah's mother urge her to do?
4. What happens soon after Savannah leaves the restaurant?
5. Why does James give Bernadine his phone number?
John nonchalantly informs Bernadine that he is leaving her.
Part 1) For whom does he leave Bernadine?
Part 2) Describe John.
Part 3) How is John's business practices a metaphor for how he handles his breakup with Bernadine?
Savannah notices a run in her pantyhose at the New Year's Eve party.
Part 1) What happens to the run as the night progresses?
Part 2) What does this run foreshadow later in the night?
Part 3) What might this run foreshadow later in the novel?
Bernadine's children, John Jr. and Onika, are not very upset about their parents' divorce.
Part 1) How do they react when given the news?
Part 2) Why might be the reasons for the reaction?
Part 3) How does their father include them in his new life? Why are they fine with the changes?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)