|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. From where are John Jr. and Onika returning?
2. What does Gloria learn about her new neighbor?
3. What does Russell do after his wife, Carolyn, kicks him out of the house?
4. Why does Savannah postpone her haircut?
5. How does Robin feel about the group of men smoking marijuana joints and crack cocaine?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Gloria feeling?
2. Describe Bernadine's troubles with Herbert.
3. What do we know about Troy's life?
4. How do Russell and Robin end up back together?
5. How does Gloria's birthday party end?
6. What happens to Savannah after leaving the restaurant?
7. What takes place at the Black Women on the Move meeting?
8. What is happening with Phillip?
9. What does Robin's mother tell her the attorney advised?
10. What does Robin discover about her wallet?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Bernadine's children, John Jr. and Onika, are not very upset about their parents' divorce.
Part 1) How do they react when given the news?
Part 2) Why might be the reasons for the reaction?
Part 3) How does their father include them in his new life? Why are they fine with the changes?
Essay Topic 2
John nonchalantly informs Bernadine that he is leaving her.
Part 1) For whom does he leave Bernadine?
Part 2) Describe John.
Part 3) How is John's business practices a metaphor for how he handles his breakup with Bernadine?
Essay Topic 3
Phillip has left the Oasis due to illness.
Part 1) What illness does he have?
Part 2) Why do the salon's patrons gossip about him?
Part 3) Are people who have the same illness as Phillip gossiped about today? Why or why not?
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)