|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what is Robin surprised when she calls Michael's home?
2. Why is Savannah headed to Las Vegas?
3. Why is Gloria in the hospital?
4. Who does Bernadine meet at the Ritz-Carlton bar?
5. What does Savannah advise Bernadine to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. To what does Kenneth reveal to Savannah? How does she react?
2. Why is Gloria pleased with Tarik?
3. What does Savannah realize about Kenneth?
4. What are the circumstances leading up to Bernadine meeting James Wheeler for the first time?
5. How does Robin end up back with Troy?
6. What is happening with Phillip?
7. How is Gloria feeling?
8. How do the girls celebrate Gloria's birthday?
9. What happens to Savannah after leaving the restaurant?
10. Why must Savannah contact the government about her parents' food stamps?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
All the chapters about Bernadine and Gloria are written in the third person point of view.
Part 1) What is third person?
Part 2) How does the author help you understand their thoughts and feelings?
Part 3) Do you like reading the third person or first person chapters best? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Bernadine rids herself of John and his possessions in a similar way to how he has treated her throughout their relationship.
Part 1) How has John treated Bernadine?
Part 2) How is this scene ironic?
Part 3) What does John do to attempt to keep her from getting access to his fortune? Does is work? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Tarik tries to hide something from his mother.
Part 1) What is he hiding?
Part 2) How does she find out? What is her reaction?
Part 3) Is Tarik following in his father's footsteps? Why or why not?
This section contains 930 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)