|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Robin find her wallet?
2. What does Michael say when Robin calls his home?
3. Why does Robin wish she could provide the finances for her father's care?
4. How do Savannah, Bernadine and Robin plan to celebrate Gloria's birthday?
5. What does Savannah vow?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Gloria's birthday party end?
2. Describe John Jr. and Onika's weekend with their father.
3. What takes place at the Black Women on the Move meeting?
4. What has happened to Phillip?
5. How does Robin end up back with Troy?
6. Why must Savannah contact the government about her parents' food stamps?
7. What is happening with Phillip?
8. Why does Robin feel betrayed by Russell?
9. What does Robin discover about Troy and his friends?
10. Why is Gloria pleased with Tarik?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Robin decides to wait to tell Russell she is pregnant.
Part 1) Why?
Part 2) What man in her life will assist her the most with her child?
Part 3) Why is she excited about having a child? What does she regret, regarding her pregnancy?
Essay Topic 2
Gloria's salon is called the Oasis.
Part 1) How is this salon symbolic?
Part 2) How is the name appropriate?
Part 3) How does Gloria's view of the salon change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
Bernadine rids herself of John and his possessions in a similar way to how he has treated her throughout their relationship.
Part 1) How has John treated Bernadine?
Part 2) How is this scene ironic?
Part 3) What does John do to attempt to keep her from getting access to his fortune? Does is work? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,027 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)