|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bernadine learn about Kathleen?
2. What does Kenneth reveal to Savannah?
3. Why is Bernadine in the mood to celebrate?
4. What are Gloria's three best friends and Marvin awaiting?
5. What does Robin not admit about her missing wallet?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Gloria pleased with Tarik?
2. What takes place at the Black Women on the Move meeting?
3. What does Robin discover about her wallet?
4. Describe John Jr. and Onika's weekend with their father.
5. What is happening with Phillip?
6. How does Gloria's birthday party end?
7. To what does Kenneth reveal to Savannah? How does she react?
8. What does Robin's mother tell her the attorney advised?
9. How is Gloria feeling?
10. How is Savannah disappointed with Charles?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Phillip has left the Oasis due to illness.
Part 1) What illness does he have?
Part 2) Why do the salon's patrons gossip about him?
Part 3) Are people who have the same illness as Phillip gossiped about today? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Tarik's father is absent through most of Tarik's life.
Part 1) How is this a theme in the book?
Part 2) How does this event relate to today's society?
Part 3) How do both Tarik and his mother handle the lack of a father figure?
Essay Topic 3
The three main characters are constantly in and out of relationships.
Part 1) Give an example for each character to support this statement.
Part 2) Why do their relationships not work?
Part 3) What advice would you give to them about being in a relationship?
This section contains 915 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)